Top-10 Android Apps Thread

raksrules said:
Any good app to make free / super low cost VOIP calls to normal phone / mobile phone to Indian numbers from outside ?
The app will probably make use of 3G or wifi for internet.

I know of Viber but in that both the parties have to have it installed. But i need something where source is android with some VOIP app and destination any normal mobile/landine phone.
Am searching for this too.. Unfortunately most are blocked here in dubai

Is there any app which will backup and restore my contacts to and from my Gmail account?

I know that this functionality is inbuilt. But I used the LG PC Suite to add contacts to my Optimus One. So those contacts are not backed up to my Gmail account.

Whenever I add any contact to my phone, it asks me under which option I want to add them, "PC Sync" or "Gmail Account". Apparently the phone only syncs the contacts which are added under "Gmail account"

My Top 10 Apps (alphabetically) -

1- 3G WatchDog
2- Advanced Task Killer
3- AppBrain App Market
4- Blue
5- ES File Explorer
6- Flikie Wallpaper
7- QuickPic
8- Remote Droid
9- Tapatalk
10- World Newspapers

A lot left darn it.

raksrules said:
Any good app to make free / super low cost VOIP calls to normal phone / mobile phone to Indian numbers from outside ?
The app will probably make use of 3G or wifi for internet.

I know of Viber but in that both the parties have to have it installed. But i need something where source is android with some VOIP app and destination any normal mobile/landine phone.
i knew one infact wanted to tell you but could not Find you online for that.
One voip provider was giving free calls till 15september.
It was wimobile.it.
Now it will be paid i guess.
P.S check their prices are supposed to be low.

i used to love the whozzat app which used to give 100 sms free without any spam text attached to it. but now they have reduced the free sms to 10 :(

any other app similar to whozzat ?

Sent from my XCD35 using Tapatalk

rocker123 said:
i used to love the whozzat app which used to give 100 sms free without any spam text attached to it. but now they have reduced the free sms to 10 :(

any other app similar to whozzat ?

Sent from my XCD35 using Tapatalk
160by2 is there but it adds advertisement text at the end. Its available in the market.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

hotshot05 said:
Is there any app which will backup and restore my contacts to and from my Gmail account?
I know that this functionality is inbuilt. But I used the LG PC Suite to add contacts to my Optimus One. So those contacts are not backed up to my Gmail account.
Whenever I add any contact to my phone, it asks me under which option I want to add them, "PC Sync" or "Gmail Account". Apparently the phone only syncs the contacts which are added under "Gmail account"
Once you add contacts on phone, goto Settings - Accounts & Sync - <select gmail account> - Touch to Sync
thats all

Here's my list of the top 10 apps I use.

1. 3G watch dog: A boon for me.. helps monitoring data usage

2. Fring: Cheap international calls using VOIP

3. Adao Task Manager

4. Titanium Backup

5. Doubletwist Mediaplayer with Airsync: Syncs my music with pc over Wifi!

6. Apps2SD free

7. DC Comics

8. LookOut

9. Facebook App

10. Qloud Media: Awesome app for streaming movies from computer connected on Wifi to your Android device.. Must try!!

I have arranged the list in random order.. App on 1st position doesn't mean is the best.

Advance task Killer--ATK

Titenium Backup

TTpod Music player (previously using PowerAmp)

ADW Launcher EX (Paid) [Curently using SSLauncher]

MiLocker (for Lockscreen) & One More Clock(clock Widget) & 1Weather(Weather Forecasting)

Minimalistic Text & Desktop Visualizer (for homescreen customization)

Dolphin Browser HD

Google talk & skype

Airdroid

Bluetooth File Transfer

Vubooo

Android Assistant

Astro

Quickpic

Could not select top 10, but those will be my top 15 apps

In addition to those

Shine Runner (Paid)

Asphalt 6 HD (Paid)

apparatus (Paid)

Stumbleupon

Camera Zoom FX (Paid)

VLC Remote

Appbrain App Market

Befunky

Ez PDF Reader

SmartOffice

Would be other important apps

Mighty Text saves your contacts to PC and syncs your phone with that

Back