Tikona threatening me of legal case.

Can I sue Tikona for harassment?

• Total voters
"The service provider shall terminate the connection within 7 days. They cannot charge rental or any other charges beyond the period of 7 days of request for closure made by the customer."
Tikona took over two months and didn't even bother communicating with me. Oh boy my dear ISP.

Just tell them in your reply that you have already raised the request on ** date and its their fault for not disconnecting.

Ask them(In Bold) for the reason why they took this much time for processing your request and unless they answer you are not going to respond further.

.Also SAY in bold latter that You will post your story in various website related to Consumer court and if still they don't stop then you have no option but going to consumer court.

PS. I had similar problem with Vodafone postpaid, and the above 2 lines did the trick. Here after 4 years again I'm with Vodafone Postpaid connection. :p

With Airtel Internet connection - I simply forgot about them, sent them an email and then a reminder(They had my prepaid number which I stopped after shifting to new city and never bothered to check emails :) ), didn't even retrurn their phone/modem as never got any calls for any person to pick them up, this was 2 years ago.

With My last ISP local cable 6 months back - Literally told them to f**k off and not to call again. I'm not in city, so do whatever you want. Didn't even pay last bill amt and told them to adjust it with security deposit.

@iPwnz :as you can see, lots of stories of fake legal dept. calls but zero cases filed. So chill ;)
Even if you had a bill in lakhs they can't do squat in court because they have failed to follow almost every trai guideline listed on the site.

@foruamit2004 :if vodafone still gives you crappy service then tell them you are availing MNP and shifting out of their network. If that doesn't improve their attitude then don't pay.

I took a new vodafone connection again because it was a corporate plan, with quite attractive tariff. otherwise for old connection they apologized and dropped the extra billed amt after my last email where I told them that I would goto consumer court, they don't stop sending me emails.

Someone here is falling in a Tikona trap. They can't harras you like this. Don't respond. If you do it means its working for them.

Ideally, you should return it so that they have no legal reason to ever bother you again. Make sure you get a written acknowledgment.
If you don't have the time or can't be bothered then just pack it up and keep it aside.
Don't sell it or throw it away since it's technically still theirs.

throw it away... then tell them that you returned it. tell them that you asked for reciept but they didnt give it. All this when there is actually a court case... and you are summoned by the judge and you actually recieve the summon and you are not out of city or ill or your ex's cat's ex died.

Ideally, you should return it so that they have no legal reason to ever bother you again. Make sure you get a written acknowledgment.
If you don't have the time or can't be bothered then just pack it up and keep it aside.
Don't sell it or throw it away since it's technically still theirs.
Can't return because the guy who was suppose to handle it didn't even call back. Something's fishy.

throw it away... then tell them that you returned it. tell them that you asked for reciept but they didnt give it. All this when there is actually a court case... and you are summoned by the judge and you actually receive the summon and you are not out of city or ill or your ex's cat's ex died.
Won't receive summon papers because i moved out to a new place somewhere else. :p
Only option for them is to mail me online which they haven't. And I'll not be in Delhi anymore next month lol.

1. Ideally, you should return it so that they have no legal reason to ever bother you again. Make sure you get a written acknowledgment.
2. If you don't have the time or can't be bothered then just pack it up and keep it aside.
3. Don't sell it or throw it away since it's technically still theirs.
The 3 Golden Rules anyone must follow before if ever they get into trouble.

I have been using Tikona Broadband connection for 5 years, but since their service was not up to the mark lately i decided to disconnect their service. Although i have fully paid for the period they have mentioned in the bill and informed them that to disconnect the line immediately, they kept on transferring the line from one dept to another with no result. Later they sent one more bill during which i have not used their service at all. I sent them an email asking to take the modem and all their equipment, but no body turned up to take it. From thereon they are sending me extra penalty charges each month. Now i received a call from a person in Tikona claiming himself as an Advocate and talking very rudely and giving threats of police action and a court case.

Why should i pay the bill when i have not used their service at all and why nobody from Tikona is replying to my email. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Client No: 1102183283
BAN: 113 464 930
Thanks
Raja Fernando

Now i received a call from a person in Tikona claiming himself as an Advocate and talking very rudely and giving threats of police action and a court case.
Merged your post with a similar thread. If you go through the thread, you will notice that these people claiming they are advocates have no legal background.

Back