Tikona threatening me of legal case.

Can I sue Tikona for harassment?

• Total voters
In reliance broadband termination they said you have to give the equipments, Our guys will come and get the equipments but that thing never happened and it is more than a year now. So my cousin still kept the all things which were provided. :D

Yesterday I was talking to an Airtel guy. He said if the equipment is not returned then as far as HO is concerned you are still a customer of Airtel, although inactive. As far as billing is concerned it is a separate matter and controlled by other parts of the agreement.
As long as you possess their equipment, legally you are their customer and you are bound to fulfill your part of agreement as a customer.
It's a different matter whether some vendor wants to pursue the matter legally or not.

I will return the equipment. I don't even want them.
But one thing which I dont understand is why the hell they didn't come and take when i told them to and now wants me to return them when I'm out of station. In fact they acknowledged in one of their calls that I was out months ago. Morons.
I guess the only reason they don't take the equipment because they want you to be in their customer list so that they can coax you, cajole you, pressurize you all within the legal definitions of the agreement. Once the equipments are returned it becomes a clear case of harassment and criminal charges can be filed against them.

Bumping this.
So I came back from vacation. And Tikona still continued to bill me yet again so I emailed them that I won't be paying a cent and told them to read all my previous mails to which they sent me this lovely reply through text message just a while ago.
Now how shall I proceed? I feel that this is nothing more than intimidation to make me pay the money.
Please help guys. My finals is next month. I don't want to get into any trouble during my exam.

PS: I'm now in my new place somewhere else and I've got a local wired-net connection which is so much better than Tikona. Paying 1300 for 1.5mbps no FUP.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-27-13-34-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-27-13-34-18.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 475
Let them do whatever they want. It is just a threatening letter to extract money from customers. Just ignore. You are unnecessarily worried.

I have also disconnected my connection and paid all my dues 6 months back. Suddenly i got some bill last month of 5k, saying termination charges.. I just ignored.

Bumping this.
So I came back from vacation. And Tikona still continued to bill me yet again so I emailed them that I won't be paying a cent and told them to read all my previous mails to which they sent me this lovely reply through text message just a while ago.
Now how shall I proceed? I feel that this is nothing more than intimidation to make me pay the money.
Please help guys. My finals is next month. I don't want to get into any trouble during my exam.

PS: I'm now in my new place somewhere else and I've got a local wired-net connection which is so much better than Tikona. Paying 1300 for 1.5mbps no FUP.

Did you return the equipment? If not you are legally their customer. Returning the equipment and getting an acknowledgement of the return is the first step in discontinuation process.
Be careful if they go for a legal way. It's Indian judiciary, where the drag will kill you before you/they are punished

Did you return the equipment? If not you are legally their customer. Returning the equipment and getting an acknowledgement of the return is the first step in discontinuation process.
Be careful if they go for a legal way. It's Indian judiciary, where the drag will kill you before you/they are punished
If the service was terminated, no charges can be collected for the days on which service was not provided.
They know very well that they can only file a civil suit by way of a money claim (which requires them to pay court fee and other expenses), so they are not going to file any civil suit spending from their pocket. Also it is time consuming.
They also know that they do not have that much of a chance to win the claim (as the fact is that in most of the cases, their claim is not correct and they can not actually prove the customers liability). Its established law that service providers can not seek payment for the period for which they did not provide any service.
Returning of equipment can not be related to their claim.

I was so busy I forgot the whole thing. Service was terminated. Will call the nos. which they gave in one of their mails for returning the equipment.
And yes if they file a fact-by-fact court case they will not win unless they bring up some lies on the table. I've already posted all the mail conversations between us. They screwed up.
As for the legal thing I still think that they are trying to intimidate me. I'm thinking of filing a complaint with the police. Any lawyer here?

That message appears fake. Apart from being lovely, it is grammatically murdered one; no verb, wrong spelling. Why not register a complaint of mental torture?

That message appears fake. Apart from being lovely, it is grammatically murdered one; no verb, wrong spelling. Why not register a complaint of mental torture?
Well you are the one who understands this law thing, you tell me what i should do. I'm clueless. If i register a complaint with the police my family here will tell me to take back the complaint, to give the money which they asked for and stop pursuing the case, yes even though i'm legally an adult.
Will call the nos. which they gave for the equipment returns, later.[DOUBLEPOST=1414500749][/DOUBLEPOST]I've called the CPE returns person given on the mail. He said he will call back after checking.
BTW, did anyone notice?
Their asking money increased from "Amount Payable :Rs.1,222.48" to "1422rs."
Also I heard there is a public prosecutor in Delhi. I'll not do anything now but if they send me any stupid court thing or i get any call I'll directly go to the prosecutor.
@vyral_143 any suggestion?

Last edited:
I am sorry but I m actually an IT guy; not a law one. As of now return the equipments. Given the context of consequence which might take place if you complain, I would suggest avoid it for now. But if this gets more teething, you must go ahead and file one.

I had a similar experience with Airtel Broadband. Just ignore them ad carry on. Its Natural you may also get a Notice. End of the Day if things get worse you will just need to pay up the bill. Just dont think about it too much.

Still no calls from the equipment returns guy.
I had a similar experience with Airtel Broadband. Just ignore them ad carry on. Its Natural you may also get a Notice. End of the Day if things get worse you will just need to pay up the bill. Just dont think about it too much.
I'm not really worried, just annoyed by this pesky Tikona wireless equipment. They can file for theft and criminal activity if I don't return it. And as for the court thing I'm confident that I will win all and any arguments put by Tikona Inc. So I just want to return this stupid useless piece of garbage.[DOUBLEPOST=1414653411][/DOUBLEPOST]still no update...

Last edited:
^Why not just pack it up and send the parcel as ack-requested registered post to the CEO's office?
Make sure that you pack it without any cushioning and the IPS will take care of the rest ;)

Regards,

Still no calls from the equipment returns guy.

I'm not really worried, just annoyed by this pesky Tikona wireless equipment. They can file for theft and criminal activity if I don't return it. And as for the court thing I'm confident that I will win all and any arguments put by Tikona Inc. So I just want to return this stupid useless piece of garbage.

Theft from where? That is important. They cannot tell you stole from their office. You have all the mail transactions for proof and do you think Tikona will spend lawyers money + Time to recover some 3 K from you? The equipment is useless for them. Just pack them and throw in one corner and return if some one comes and claims it.

All this money and due collections are outsourced. The agents will also call you and tell that we are taking action against you.

They will speak in legal terms one fine day they will realize no point in follow up and will switch over to new cases they get.

If you are really worried, go file a police complaint for harrassment. Else just ignore and play along. No point going hyper over these retards.

Read all 3 pages and I have to say this is one of the most pointless threads ever. You got multiple answers (on the first page itself) already. Why are you dragging this on?

Read all 3 pages and I have to say this is one of the most pointless threads ever. You got multiple answers (on the first page itself) already. Why are you dragging this on?
please. if you have no constructive reply simply ignore. your post isn't making it better. you make it sound so easy. its not.

Last edited:
Back