Thinking of buying a high end phone.

dovakhiin

Adept
Guys ,i'll be getting my first salary so I've decided to go all out and buy the best phone possible.Two phones that stand out are the HTC one X and Galaxy S3.I've never used a smart phone till now so i'd like someone to explain the pros and cons of each phone. Also can someone tell me if there any good subscription deals by airtel on these phones?,since i have an airtel connection and i would like to transfer it.

Galaxy s3 PROS

*Bigger screen
*Deep, ALMOST perfect blacks
*More *softwares to play with*
*Exynos SoC is more powerful than Tegra 3
*Better multitasking
*Better camera, especially video recording
*Wolfson Audio chip (Voodoo sound incoming)
*Much less issues than One X.
*Better battery life

One X PROS

*Sharper, more accurate colors on the screen
*Looks better
*Cheaper
*SenseUI could be preferred by some
*Wider aperture camera
*Better build/feel

As you are new, you might want to have better battery life..
If Higher batter life is your concern - S3. Else One X.
Other than that. These two are awesome phones, top of the line.!
One X screen has better Sunlight legibility than S3.
Cam wise, both are Better but S3 has Burst Mode.
Dev Support is great for both with MIUI,CM9 etc available..
If you want more than 32GB, Samsung. Else One X..
Upto you!

^No man,not considering apple because i want a bigger phone and it's IINM 4GS is even more expensive than these phones(?).

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I actually like windows phone UI a lot.Will any high end windows phone release soon?. Lumia 800 is not good enough.

yeah..i will be waiting till the end of this month plus,after that i'll be buying in a week.I'm just really excited that's why i'm asking early.So the phone is call xperia gX? will it be in the same price range.?
EDIt: oh wait...so it releases in october?So it's not in contention then.

I'm leaning towards the S3 now only reason why I would pick HTC is the build quality.I guess I can only decide when I see the phones in person.

As you are new, you might want to have better battery life..
If Higher batter life is your concern - S3. Else One X.
Other than that. These two are awesome phones, top of the line.!
One X screen has better Sunlight legibility than S3.
Cam wise, both are Better but S3 has Burst Mode.
Dev Support is great for both with MIUI,CM9 etc available..
If you want more than 32GB, Samsung. Else One X..
Upto you!

htc one x has very less free ram available to the user out of the 1gb ram in the specs, so plz dont go for htc one x
samsung galxy s3 is the best.............................

^^no not interested in Sony Xperia. Actually I took a look at the phones in video and I'm leaning towards HTC One X,it just appeals to me more.I don't like S3's design and styling.I'll only find out when I see the phones in person now.

i went to reliance digital and checked out the one X .. damn it's sweet as hell :yahoo: .. and is it made of thermocol or something like tht ?? it's ultralight .. white looks awesome and the display is worth dying for .. grt phone :) .. and totally out of reach for me :( ..

This is coming from a blade user :)

Looks like HTC has a lot of takers too.I'm thinking of getting the white.Camera is better.Even video is higher resolution but the main selling point for me is the looks,but I'm sure some people find sg3 better looking.

Do you really like the rear of the HTC One X? I mean the camera sensor is popping out of the phone and looks ugly. Though I have not got the phone in my hand but it may also create problem when you place the phone on any plane surface like table. Looks wise, I must say SIII's slim body looks better than HTC (only sharing my point of view) :)

Back