Car & Bike Thinking of a New Bike

Onemufc

Skilled
Well after years of not wanting a bike and happy with my Honda Activa, Its time for an Upgrade.

I am not that crazy about bikes and have a very little knowledge of them so be prepared for some basic questions .

Budget : 60-80K . 80K is the upper limit . I can extend it but would prefer anything below that.

Preference : I have always liked Avenger but I am so sure about it and I have no clue about the price. I wont mind bikes as long as they are comfortable for me and person sitting behind me. I am 6 feet tall.

Brand : I would love another Honda vehicle but Unicorn does not impress me.

Locations : Bangalore.

Will appreciate the help .
<

Wait for the new Pulsar 200 NS which has got very good reviews. Although it may be outside your price bracket @ 90k on road. It will be in the showrooms by April.

Yamaha Fazer for 82-83K , gives best of all in 150CC segment, Looks, Comfort, Control, just slight lower mileage but can reach upto 50km / ltr if you drive efficiently & maintain properly.

If possible get a test drive of Fazer to get the experience.

Wait for the new Pulsar 200 NS which has got very good reviews. Although it may be outside your price bracket @ 90k on road. It will be in the showrooms by April.

Yea. I am also thinking of this Bike. I might brake the bank for this one.

Engine is very promising.

Yamaha Fazer for 82-83K , gives best of all in 150CC segment, Looks, Comfort, Control, just slight lower mileage but can reach upto 50km / ltr if you drive efficiently & maintain properly.

If possible get a test drive of Fazer to get the experience.

go for yamaha FZ killer looks, good to ride

though service could be costly!

Frazer and FZ are there in my options along with P180.

Anybody knows how much will Avenger cost in Bangalore . But people say its mechanically old.

^^^ dont go for avenger its good if u only take out it once a week but for daily commute it may give u back pain

and if keeping the bike for longer period of time; avoid bajaj coz they will go "KHADDD KHAAADDDD"

You can consider Fazer instead of FZ, you wont believe it but intially even I went for FZ but the Showroom guy asked me for a Fazer Test drive & I was totally in love with Fazer, so cancelled FZ & got Fazer!

With Bajaj Bikes, the build quality is not upto the mark of Honda, Yamaha or even Hero, yet cant say about quality of new Pulsars but prev pulsars were pathetic built quality.

So if you can keep Honda / Hero as other options will be better.

I dont have too much knowledge about bikes , but i do own a fazer which i recently bought .

I did not know to ride a bike and learning on fazer was pretty easy , still i am not perfect but i know to ride pretty much now.

I can say the handling of fazer is pretty good , bike doesnt go off easily even on silly mistakes
<
, but regarding comfortability of back seat i would say its slightly uncomfortable for huge people

Dunno bout the new Pulsar 200NS, but refrain from old Pulsars 150 or 180.

It wouldn't be some 'upgrade' from your Activa.
<

If mileage isn't your main concern, go for FZ series - any bike which fits in your budget/looks.

Well if uve made up your mind aboput a yamaha..get the fz...personally the big head on teh fazer..looks dd...i mean the fazer is just a fz16 witha big head plonked on...in case u still want the fazer better go with older karizma zmr..that will retuirn the same <acronym title='FunEnclave'>FE</acronym> but will thrash the yamahaz left and right on term sof power, torque and ride quality , tho u may have to extend ur budget a bit....

im not particularly fond of pulsars given their suspension setup..tho pulsar 200NS sounds good..but` i`d advise you to wait and try out your options more.Most bikes are winners on paper..Its adifferent story on road with load and strenbous traffic conditions.

On a more personal level..do truy the new cbz xtreme..looks good and has a big bike feel comapared to the unicorn dazzler...let us know..

CHeers
<

Its been 2 weeks and I am going nowhere.

Was busy with work over the last 2 weekends so was not able to go and take a test ride.

I am not going for Pulsar 200NS as It might have to wait till june.

Back