Car & Bike Thinking of a New Bike

Konquerror

Adept
Nov 7, 2009
Bangalore
pranavprakash.net
Go for Fazer...I am driving this bike for more than a year and I'm pretty happy with performance. It's low maintenance bike, very stable and doesn't vibrates even at high rpms. Only concern might be low fuel efficiency...mine gives around 37kmpl.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Go for Fazer...I am driving this bike for more than a year and I'm pretty happy with performance. It's low maintenance bike, very stable and doesn't vibrates even at high rpms. Only concern might be low fuel efficiency...mine gives around 37kmpl.

FZ / Fazer are top of the list right now . How comfortable are these two bikes ?

Konquerror

Adept
Nov 7, 2009
Bangalore
pranavprakash.net
Well Fazer has a little bit raised handle bar...so riding position is more comfortable compared to FZ. Handling of bike is smooth...infact I learnt riding bike on my newly purchased Fazer only
<

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Well Fazer has a little bit raised handle bar...so riding position is more comfortable compared to FZ. Handling of bike is smooth...infact I learnt riding bike on my newly purchased Fazer only
<

How comfortable is the person sitting behind ?

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
+1 for FZ/Fazer if you're okay with mediocre <acronym title='FunEnclave'>FE</acronym>. Me too learned riding a bike on the Fazer. I'm getting around 42-45 now but it has run only like 950 kms yet.

Pillion seat is not comfortable for long rides.

nanrk

Disciple
Nov 5, 2011
FZ is a good bike , the best street bike under quarter-litre category until the Duke stepped in. If you are ok with any <acronym title='FunEnclave'>FE</acronym> then go for it, I'm telling this after riding one for 2 years. Even under the least stressed riding conditions in city with no sudden acceleration its <acronym title='FunEnclave'>FE</acronym> ranges from 25-33kmpl. 26 is the average of 4 FZs I know.

Torque is low , needs to be twisted in each gear, Rear Drum brake is a minus.

Otherwise it's a solid bike with good stability.

Fazer aka faired FZ is same in all departments except the handlebar which helps to manoeuvre easily.

My Opinion if you can stretch your budget get the Pulsar NS.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
FZ is a good bike , the best street bike under quarter-litre category until the Duke stepped in. If you are ok with any <acronym title='FunEnclave'>FE</acronym> then go for it, I'm telling this after riding one for 2 years. Even under the least stressed riding conditions in city with no sudden acceleration its <acronym title='FunEnclave'>FE</acronym> ranges from 25-33kmpl. 26 is the average of 4 FZs I know.

Torque is low , needs to be twisted in each gear, Rear Drum brake is a minus.

Otherwise it's a solid bike with good stability.

Fazer aka faired FZ is same in all departments except the handlebar which helps to manoeuvre easily.

My Opinion if you can stretch your budget get the Pulsar NS.

The wait is the problem . I really need a vehicle in Bangalore as Auto's suck .

My activa is dying ;( and moving in the city is important .

nanrk

Disciple
Nov 5, 2011

Then go for it, Friend got a Fazer (White) recently. Looked great.

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India

Bangalore Autos are best avoided, Activa dying is strange, get it serviced.

For a new bike: Test ride Apache RTR 180, Pulsar 220, Hero CBZ xtreme.

Fazer has very low mileage, expensive spare parts, low on power and rear seat is uncomfortable.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Bangalore Autos are best avoided, Activa dying is strange, get it serviced.

For a new bike: Test ride Apache RTR 180, Pulsar 220, Hero CBZ xtreme.

Fazer has very low mileage, expensive spare parts, low on power and rear seat is uncomfortable.

Average is also a criteria for me Mate .

Okay , Test drove Fazer , FZ , P180 and Avenger !

Fazer is now out .

FZS is I am considering.

P180 is out again.

Avenger is brilliant but Mileage is a problem.

One question : Where does FZS score over P180 ?

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
Well, just to put my 2 cents.

If you are passionate about riding a bike and can easily hang on to a bike for 10+ years, i would suggest a Royal Enfield Bullet as you would look good on it considering your tall frame. In my personal opinion don't go for the Classic or Thunderbird. Stick with the Standard model.

If possible buy a used one from the 90s.

Go and have a test drive. You will love it.

Coming from a Bullet fan who rides a 14+ years old Bullet 350(my dad's).

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Well, just to put my 2 cents.

If you are passionate about riding a bike and can easily hang on to a bike for 10+ years, i would suggest a Royal Enfield Bullet as you would look good on it considering your tall frame. In my personal opinion don't go for the Classic or Thunderbird. Stick with the Standard model.

If possible buy a used one from the 90s.

Go and have a test drive. You will love it.

Coming from a Bullet fan who rides a 14+ years old Bullet 350(my dad's).

I am not built for a bullet . I have a good height but lean so bullet is not my piece of cake.

nvidia10

Disciple
Sep 5, 2009
If you think RTR180 has too much power, consider an RTR160. Fits in your budget, great performance, returns 45+ kmpl even when ridden hard and you can carve through bangalore traffic easily. You might feel uncomfortable with the seating position initially. But you'll get used to it eventually. Pulsar 200NS has got great reviews, so that seems to be the best.

Nov 24, 2011
Delhi
mate don't go for rtr ..
sign42.gif

nothing wrong with bike but since u r 6ft. it will not be comfortable for u to ride it given it's aggresive riding posture.

Sad tht unicorn didn't impress u but i would say tht is is best 150 cc commuter bike.

And if u r going to keep the bike with u fr >3 yrs forget bajaj .. ( read Avenger )
indifferent14.gif

what about CBZ .. it has same engine as uni .. may be u will like the style and then u can have best of both worlds
happy19.gif
clapping.gif

EDIT : sry fr digging up old thread. i guess u have already bought something.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
No mate. I am not a fan of Hero hence Karizma and CBZ are little out of choice for me.

Still waiting for updates on P200 .

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
95-97k on road in ahmedabad. waiting period 15 -20 days. available from 15-20th april in showrooms. 85% finance possible.

That makes it around 1.05 L in Bangalore . 1 month to 45 months waiting .

I think I might book in may.

Edit : Read your post at XBHP.