The Windows Phone 7 thread

did you guys update your phone to 8107 build? you don't need to unlock your phone to do that or wait for ZUNE to tell you that an update is waiting.

i wont update to this build even if zune shows an update as its just bug fixes, mainly keyboard bug which i didnt encounter, and i dont want to lose my games progress plus more than 100 apps,games installed, so will directly update to Tango update which is expected in mid-2012.

any samsung omnia W users here? having problem with texting?

i dont have omnia w but still what problem are you facing? if its keyboard bug then it will be fixed by the latest update which should reach your handset any day now.

Dont know,i am also on 7720 and never experienced this on my focus.

So you have not sent even one sms with your new phone?
i do send sms, but it happens every other hour, when for sometime i wont be able to send msgs

if i try like an hour later it might work. sometimes it works 10 mins later, some times 2 hours later.. no fixed time

i do send sms, but it happens every other hour, when for sometime i wont be able to send msgs

if i try like an hour later it might work. sometimes it works 10 mins later, some times 2 hours later.. no fixed time

Dont know whats wrong, you can contact fellow member #rite, he also has a omnia W.

Hi Guys,

I bought a brand new Samsung Focus in USA from Amazon for 240 bucks. Sitting right now in my cousin's place in Calif.

My wife is leaving for US this weekend and will be returning to India in 15 days.

Let me know if anybody's interested in it. Reason i am putting this offer out is that i gifted my wife a Galaxy S2 and she's getting another android phone from her company. So, just thought of passing this opportunity to somebody else before returning it to Amazon.

Aarvee.

i wont update to this build even if zune shows an update as its just bug fixes, mainly keyboard bug which i didnt encounter, and i dont want to lose my games progress plus more than 100 apps,games installed, so will directly update to Tango update which is expected in mid-2012.

you won't lose any data if you do this update.. i did it and still all data intact.

About the error message for sending text message, i have never encountered it while i had network. Once i had it but that was when my network was down.

check in settings, applications, messaging.. what's the SMS center number.

is it possible to revert back to an older version from f/w, say from 8107 to its previous version?

zune makes a backup of your last f/w version, go to phone=>update=>restore

you won't lose any data if you do this update.. i did it and still all data intact.

still i have no reason to update, no new features, no bug fixes for me, so not bothering till next major update.

if you are a budget user then try for samsung focus (from ebay) which is less than 15,000 or the Omnia W for 17500.

If you want to go for an awesome phone just go for Lumia 800, it is just gorgeous.

Back