The Windows Phone 7 thread

I am yet to get the phone. Pappu said that issues are there when u roam between 2 networks in the same city. See below for his answers for my questions which i asked in this thread.

1) good

2) have to use zune.

Mine loses data connection because it keeps switching from airtel to idea to airtel. If your network uses another service for 3g, beware. Switching flight mode on and off solves this. Takes 2 sec.

Custom ringtones. Google it
<

3) Super. Easily works a whole day on 3g.

4) Good. Ringer volume a little low, but I dont use it at max anyways.

5) You can create a live acc. with your gmail id. Make sure you choose the correct country on your live account because you cannot change it.

6) Yes. Not when connected to the pc, but direct on the phone, and via wifi.

Onmia W for the bigger battery, front facing camera.

I am not able to see the reply in the thread. Is it on some other page. BTW, I didnt like the Pen Tile Matrix thingy in Omnia W or on Lumia 800. You can see the Pixels even at a distance of 2 feet. I find the colours of Omnia W to be too saturated.

#Metalspree You might feel at home coming from an iPhone to WMP coz WMP is tied to Zune too.

All in all there is lot of scope for WMP to improve. We can just wait and watch, what the peeps at Redmond dish out in the upcoming OS's

Is there any APP which can monitor your 3G data usage in Marketplace. I am on Nokia-Airtel offer, so wanna be cautious before they show any excess usage. I think WP7 needs lots of updates compared to Android and iOS, but UI is just amazing.

#Metalspree- How do you find the Super AMOLED with pentile matrix on Omnia W.

I too am a proud owner of a Samsung Omnia W. The phone is just sweet ! Credit to the OS there (offcourse), but does come with minor issues :

1. There is this issue where i am unable to send messages (sometimes) to some contacts - 2 As of now - I have contacted the Service Centre, lets see if they can fix that cause i read somewhere that there is a firmware fix for this. Also, note that I am NOT on 3G and on AIrtel.

2. There is no Button/Slider to switch from 2G to 3G. There is however a workaround where you dial a number to enter diagnostic mode and make the selection from there. Apparently, the provider/the manufacturer has the ability to block it.

I will go to the Service Center with these issues, and report back
<

I too am a proud owner of a Samsung Omnia W. The phone is just sweet ! Credit to the OS there (offcourse), but does come with minor issues :

1. There is this issue where i am unable to send messages (sometimes) to some contacts - 2 As of now - I have contacted the Service Centre, lets see if they can fix that cause i read somewhere that there is a firmware fix for this. Also, note that I am NOT on 3G and on AIrtel.

2. There is no Button/Slider to switch from 2G to 3G. There is however a workaround where you dial a number to enter diagnostic mode and make the selection from there. Apparently, the provider/the manufacturer has the ability to block it.

I will go to the Service Center with these issues, and report back
<

Firstly, where is my bloody credit? I inclined you towards Windows 7.5 in the first place
<

For issue 1, i know this is the first thing to check.. but is their no added as a mobile no or a home no? Coz, you can only send messages to mobile nos.

There should be an option to toggle 3G on/off in settings > cellular. At least my LG optimus 7 has this option. Samsung Focus does not have it coz AT&T has blocked it. So for Focus I have used diagnostic route. But for all normal unlocked phones like Omnia W should have this option IMO.

Firstly, where is my bloody credit? I inclined you towards Windows 7.5 in the first place
<

For issue 1, i know this is the first thing to check.. but is their no added as a mobile no or a home no? Coz, you can only send messages to mobile nos.

I am trying to send messages to my Dad's Cell. I got delivered before but randomly stopped. Its a mobile number only ( I checked). This seems to be a problem when on 3G network. Anyways, till now its only come when I try to message my Dad ( Lolwut
<
).

As for the credit, we have to meet for that first . .
<
. . How does tonight look like ? (Also, I gave you the SKYPE App on launch day
<
)

There should be an option to toggle 3G on/off in settings > cellular. At least my LG optimus 7 has this option. Samsung Focus does not have it coz AT&T has blocked it. So for Focus I have used diagnostic route. But for all normal unlocked phones like Omnia W should have this option IMO.

Yeah , seems to be locked in the Omnia W as well. Will take it to the service center to get it checked, lets see
<

Wow reading this thread I just realized that I have sent only 2 SMS since I got my focus sometime last year
<

SMS works fine for me. Will check Pops Lumia 710.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]So very confused between Nokia 710 and samsung Omnia W
<

Nokia has one up = the free Sat guide package(lifetime), by which i mean, Nokia drive, Maps.. I see this to be awesome!!

Its hardware isnt as good as what samsung Omnia W offers as said by gsmarena.

Super AMOLED display on samsung is said to be a better experience, but nokia display isnt too far behind

the Video and images shot are better than Nokia. (Video being undoubtedly better in most conditions)[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Samsung Omnia W has a 1500 mah battery, supposedly last about 2 hours longer when on wifi.[/font][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]And most importantly the missing secondary camera on the Lumia 710 is quite ridiculous [/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]But all in all, quite clearly Samsung wins over on alot of ways... But Lumia has something very irresistible on it. Its hard to outweigh each other and I would like to hear from what the users have to say.[/font]

Back