The Samsung Galaxy S thread

Need help...
I created the pattern to unlock my phone.Now i forgot the pattern.It is not accepting my google account also..Is there any reset function or something like that??

Shut down the phone.. Wait for it to power down.. Then press vol up+home+power buttons simultaneously.. Then in the menu select wipe data/factory reset using volume keys and press home key to enter.

knanda said:
Tried several times..Not going to recovery mode..
Possibly you are not doing it right. Follow this again..

1. Shutdown your phone (You probably know how to)

2. Boot into Recovery Mode (Now that you've shutdown your phone, hold Home + Volume Up + Power Buttons together, as soon as you see the Samsung Galaxy S logo quickly release and press the power button again while holding the other two buttons

and Boom you'll be at Recovery Mode.

Follow what people said above i.e, doing a Factory Reset and Wipe Data Cache.

Just got my Galaxy S from flipkart! It's a newer shipment having DDJG4. Will think of rooting and modding once I've good idea of the full functionality of the stock phone :D

I was looking for cases and screen protectors and came across this:
SGP Ultra SILKE Case - Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant - Black - eBay (item 180555350778 end time Sep-30-10 11:51:25 PDT)

I've mailed them inquiring whether they have a version for the international Galaxy S...waiting for their reply. Anyone used the local Scratchgard screens yet?

Update: They don't have an option that fits the international version :(...I really liked the look of this case.

nebucanazza said:
Just got my Galaxy S from flipkart! It's a newer shipment having DDJG4. Will think of rooting and modding once I've good idea of the full functionality of the stock phone :D

SGP Ultra SILKE Case - Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant - Black - eBay (item 180555350778 end time Sep-30-10 11:51:25 PDT)

I've mailed them inquiring whether they have a version for the international Galaxy S...waiting for their reply. Anyone used the local Scratchgard screens yet?
Hey congrats for the new phone. Even i am planning to get it from flipkart. In how many days the phone will be delivered? I stay in bangalore.

^ I placed the order on Friday night and got the phone today morning.You should get the phone in 2-3 days max.

Their courier service(First Flight) was extremely callous though. They just handed over the box containing the phone to my apartment security and went off. Didn't bother to personally get my signature and hand over the package. I raised a complaint against them and flipkart has ensured me that it won't happen again :p

nebucanazza said:
^ I placed the order on Friday night and got the phone today morning.You should get the phone in 2-3 days max.

Their courier service(First Flight) was extremely callous though. They just handed over the box containing the phone to my apartment security and went off. Didn't bother to personally get my signature and hand over the package. I raised a complaint against them and flipkart has ensured me that it won't happen again :p

Man thats a a bit scary. I will confirm with them and place the order. Also please update with us about the case and the screen guards you are going to use. Couple of pics with them will make, wannabe buyers like me more happy.

nebucanazza said:

Yeah, been using the scratchgard screen itself. Nothing great compared to the cheaper options like rinco, screen ward etc.. only thing is its cut out to fit the SGS perfectly.
And isn't the vibrant similarly sized to the international SGS? That case should fit perfectly..

Where can I get the latest version of Kies online ?

Its a shitty piece of software, but I still have to install it :(

Which country should I select to get the max no of apps and widgets ?

In the default Camera app the 'Adjust > Brightness, Sharp, Saturation...' settings resets everytime I close the Camera app. (BTW by default it comes with Auto Adjust On so you need to disable that if you manually wish to tweak this particular setting and I found the quality to be much better this way) All other settings in the camera app seems to get saved but not that particular one. Any body knows a work around ?

Is it just mine, anyone tried this yet ?

ahd said:
In the default Camera app the 'Adjust > Brightness, Sharp, Saturation...' settings resets everytime I close the Camera app. (BTW by default it comes with Auto Adjust On so you need to disable that if you manually wish to tweak this particular setting and I found the quality to be much better this way) All other settings in the camera app seems to get saved but not that particular one. Any body knows a work around ?

Is it just mine, anyone tried this yet ?

yup, u r rite... cant save that particular setting:S. searched the net but cant find a clue.

btw, rather than manual setting, auto contrast works gud for me in most instances, but, thats jus my perception...

Guys, I bought this Galaxy S case (+ free screen protector) from ebay.

eBay India: Soft Jacket2 Xpose Case Samsung Galaxy S I9000 - Black (item 270635585392 end time 18-Sep-2010 01:55:22 IST)

Excellent quality case. Very snug fit for the Galaxy and easy to grip. Earlier I was worried that the phone would slip from my hand (coz the back is so smooth).

Screen protector is also of very good quality. Very easy to apply - zero bubbles even if you apply carelessly.

Shipping was also ultra fast (got it the next day).

Overall very satisfied with the purchase.

Back