The Samsung Galaxy S thread

Horoscope said:
it has definitely improved.... also froyo looks it is much more organized... :)
will try to use the phone for a day more without applying lagfix...

one important thing is after this update your phones "Product code will change, so if there is a Indian froyo release u will not be able to update officila Indian froyo update.. however there is also a workaround and ix for this... :)

will post linpack quadrant scores in a while...
Cool...you're my beta tester :D
Do let me know how it goes...after 2 days if you're still happy, I'll flash to froyo :)

sathyanaidu said:
Horoscope, where did you get it for 26.5? :O
thats a secret... :D

well actually a guy who works with sammy got this deal....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Lin pack Score - 15.7

Quadrant Score - 1120 (without lag fix)

i think it is pretty good scores.....

also tried a 720p mkv fvide and it worked flawlessly...

this screen a visual treat to watch movies on :

Horoscope said:
thats a secret... :D

well actually a guy who works with sammy got this deal....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Lin pack Score - 15.7

Quadrant Score - 1120 (without lag fix)

i think it is pretty good scores.....

also tried a 720p mkv fvide and it worked flawlessly...

this screen a visual treat to watch movies on :

I have tried MP4 720p, Divx720p, MKV720p, Flac works all flawlessly I am on official eclair without any lagfix.

That scores, is it close to Nexus One on Froyo now ?

Also how much is the total Ram showing up now ?

yeah voodoo is better. I was using Ryanza's lag fix previously but just tried Voodoo today and my quadrant scores are up from 2080 to 2275..and i am on eclair

The froyo seems delayed yet again, So wondering if now should go for a lagfix or not since I'll be upgrading to official Android Froyo only and planning to stick with it for some time ?

yeah i'm backing up my rom right now, will update the lag fix and use it until official froyo release.. Super said it takes 20 mins to backup a rom on SGS.. will post back once its done.

m using official 2.1 eclair in my galaxy S with one click lag fix but now i want voodoo lag fix.. will all my applications vanish after voodoo update or shld i take backup before applying voodoo fix?? i dnt want to backup all stuff , plz someone confirm will all my applications remains after voodoo fix??

zapak said:
m using official 2.1 eclair in my galaxy S with one click lag fix but now i want voodoo lag fix.. will all my applications vanish after voodoo update or shld i take backup before applying voodoo fix?? i dnt want to backup all stuff , plz someone confirm will all my applications remains after voodoo fix??
first undo the lagfix u have currently applied and apply the Voodoo lagfix after that.... and voodoo lag fix will not touch ur apps.. so it will be fine

wow i applied voodoo lag fix.. my quadrant score goes to 1751 , awesome yaar.. nd neither of my installed applications removed.. +1 for voodoo fix and ya i m from delhi and purchased galaxy S 1 month back for 28k with insurance free for 1 year.. so its a good deal 28k is the current market price of galaxy in delhi.. u can ask for extra free goodies with it..

if I Voodoo Lagfix now can I update to Froyo without hassle or I'll be needing to backup current Rom etc ?

Also

What is the best Silicone/Gel or Rubber case that you've found yet or using now which is under 1000Rs ?

sathyanaidu said:
yeah i'm backing up my rom right now, will update the lag fix and use it until official froyo release.. Super said it takes 20 mins to backup a rom on SGS.. will post back once its done.
What are you using to backup your ROM? Anyways it seems that you've successfully backed it up..

zapak said:
wow i applied voodoo lag fix.. my quadrant score goes to 1751 , awesome yaar.. nd neither of my installed applications removed.. +1 for voodoo fix and ya i m from delhi and purchased galaxy S 1 month back for 28k with insurance free for 1 year.. so its a good deal 28k is the current market price of galaxy in delhi.. u can ask for extra free goodies with it..

Just make sure, before flashing/installing any firmware update or any other ROM, disable Voodoo lagfix. Otherwise you'll end up getting really really frustrated.
ahd said:
if I Voodoo Lagfix now can I update to Froyo without hassle or I'll be needing to backup current Rom etc ?

Also

What is the best Silicone/Gel or Rubber case that you've found yet or using now which is under 1000Rs ?

If you Voodoo Lagfix, and then you want to update your firmware or install any custom ROM or any other ROM, you MUST disable voodoo lagfix. Its easy to do so.. and remember to go into adb/shell and type "mount", and check what type is the partition, if its ext02, then you've successfully disabled it, if its still ext04, then you haven't disabled it.

Superfrag said:
Just make sure, before flashing/installing any firmware update or any other ROM, disable Voodoo lagfix. Otherwise you'll end up getting really really frustrated.
If you Voodoo Lagfix, and then you want to update your firmware or install any custom ROM or any other ROM, you MUST disable voodoo lagfix. Its easy to do so.. and remember to go into adb/shell and type "mount", and check what type is the partition, if its ext02, then you've successfully disabled it, if its still ext04, then you haven't disabled it.
another simple way to Remove / Undo Voodoo lagfix is

* Create a file or folder named “disable lagfix” in a a directory named “Voodoo” in your internal SD card.

* Reboot

Done !

Back