The Samsung Galaxy S thread

Superfrag

Adept
Aug 25, 2006
www.head-fi.org
Supercurio is doing some fantastic work. Looking at the 2.3.1 build for the SGS, he's working at an alarming rate. Wonder when does he sleep. Even the other devs are working extremely fast. At this rate, looks like quite a lot of the major phones will see 2.3.1 by next week. :D

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
^ Galaxy S will get an Unofficial Gingerbread update soon.. Though lots of features are not yet working on the PORT, there are many developers working on it.

Supercurio has done awesome job :D Cheers..

bodmas

Adept
Nov 4, 2006
Amritsar,Punjab
Help me boys!

I am getting following error while updating firmware through Samsung Kies

Model Name: GT-I9000

Current Version: PDA:JF2/ PHONE: JG4/ CSC: ODD

This device`s version cannot be updated

I want to upgrade to Froyo, please guide me guys

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
^ Try using Test Mode for Kies -

1. start KIES > OPEN the firmware upgrade window

2. press alt+cntrl+u+p (while the firmware window is still open). you will get a pop up saying KIES is in test mode

3. Restart your samsung (simple restart). then connect to KIES.

4. I saw for the first time KIES telling me there is an update for my firmware.

sunny082

Disciple
Nov 25, 2010
Can anyone let me know which is the best video ratio to play on the samsung galaxy s. I have many blu ray rips(MP4 Format), when I transfer the file which is above 2 gigs...the video plays flawlessly...but no sound :( anyone tell me how do i make the videos play with sound...please reply. If i convert the files to avi..wht should the settings be for the best quality and sound...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bodmas said:
@Rahulrulez : After opening Firmware upgrade window, As guided by you i am pressing alt+cntrl+u+p and still i am not getting pop up window. Do let me know what to do.
@bodmas : I think u will need to download n install the latest version of KIES and then try the upgrade to froyo..

gursud

Disciple
Jul 22, 2010
[quote name='sunny082']Can anyone let me know which is the best video ratio to play on the samsung galaxy s. I have many blu ray rips(MP4 Format), when I transfer the file which is above 2 gigs...the video plays flawlessly...but no sound :( anyone tell me how do i make the videos play with sound...please reply. If i convert the files to avi..wht should the settings be for the best quality and sound...

I have tried bluray rips of 4.7 gb and they worked flawlessly. But they are in.mkv format.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

ultimabasher

Skilled
Jun 2, 2007
Pune
sunny082 said:
Can anyone let me know which is the best video ratio to play on the samsung galaxy s. I have many blu ray rips(MP4 Format), when I transfer the file which is above 2 gigs...the video plays flawlessly...but no sound :( anyone tell me how do i make the videos play with sound...please reply. If i convert the files to avi..wht should the settings be for the best quality and sound...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get mvideo player, rockplayer and they should play whatever you want fine

jaganm

Disciple
Sep 25, 2006
sourcewop said:
Hey Bodmas, if kies is not working for you then read about flashing in the following thread: [HOWTO] [REF] [FAQ] [Guides] [Tutorials] Flash/Root/ADB/ROM [MUST READ!] - xda-developers

Yet if u have any doubts pm me ill help.Iam currently on 2.2.1 darky's gingerbread 6.0v.
Second that, I was initially very sceptical about updating with Odin as I didn't have the time to spare to research and fix things in case things went wrong, but I finally took the plunge yesterday. As long as you have the 3 button download mode working, you won't cause any permanent damage and you will get features/improvements much before Samsung will push it through Kies

ahd

Adept
Aug 22, 2009
Mumbai
Help in Reducing the lag on my SGS !

I am on Stock Froyo JP6 and I am thinking of Voodoo Lagfixing the phone, Its Recovery Mode 3e so can't accept unsigned update.zip.

My Question is

1. How do I Vodoo Lagfix ? (Noob Alert ! Please be as descriptive )

2. Is there anything better than Voodoo to reduce the lag ?

3. After I Voodoo Lagfix , If I there is a newer version of the Voodoo Lagfix How do I update to it ?

4. If I want to update to a newer version of the Stock OS through Kies will that be possible ? or if I want to update to a newer Custom ROM will the process be any different (Since I've Voodoo Lagfixed)

Thanks , any inputs much appreciated.

ayaskant12

Adept
Dec 22, 2009
Let me tell u what idid

Battery charged 100pc

downloaded a clockwaork mod 2.0(please confirm the latest one)

It is a zip file

rename it to update.zip

place it into ur internal sd card but not inside anu folder but in root of internal sd card

then switch off phone

Then press vol up plus home key plus power key

Keep all three pressed till u see the galaxy s screen logo

leave all three

Now in the menu using the back and menu and volume keys select update.zip from sd card this will install the clockwork mod

Switch on ur phone

Now download any custom rom like docs or darky 7

Place the zip file again in ur internal sd card

Now follow same keys combination that i told above for installing cwm

Now in cwm menu select instal zip from sd card and then select the rom name u placed in the sd card

It will install ur rom safely in 5 mins

Bingo