The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

racy1 said:
Guys.... I am also getting a PSP & went to the Sony World... Its selling for 9k with no games or memory stick... 2 GB stick was for Rs. 1750/- there....

It was the slim model & 'Icy Silver/Grey' color.....:S

Whats the opinion on this.... Should I go for it or look around in the gray market....

If you plan to put Custom Firmware on it, get it from the Grey Market. Custom Firmware voids warranty. No point in gettign it from the showroom then.

And get the card from outside. I hear the 4gb card (original) is for about 2.2k everywhere now.

whatsinaname said:
If you plan to put Custom Firmware on it, get it from the Grey Market. Custom Firmware voids warranty. No point in gettign it from the showroom then.

And get the card from outside. I hear the 4gb card (original) is for about 2.2k everywhere now.

Yeah, u'll be in a loss by the end of the day if u do so,
A PSP slim & lite in the gray market costs about 8,000 - 8,600, the fat one costs 6,500 - 7,500, so good luck

Aman27deep said:
Yeah, u'll be in a loss by the end of the day if u do so,
A PSP slim & lite in the gray market costs about 8,000 - 8,600, the fat one costs 6,500 - 7,500, so good luck

Then I will look around in the grey market... Anyway I was also not interested with Sony World.... The sales person's attitude was take it or leave it....:mad:

The PSP comes with charger + battery + console.... Anything else....

whatsinaname said:

Not so true , i have a friend who bought one from croma , i flashed it for him , it started gettin slow n hanging , he gave it for replacement n got a shiney neew one :p

SoulFire said:
Not so true , i have a friend who bought one from croma , i flashed it for him , it started gettin slow n hanging , he gave it for replacement n got a shiney neew one :p

I guess he got lucky 'coz Sony people didn't knew to check for firmware....

Yeah. Cant count on luck always but its good to try on your own risk. If you get a replacement well and good.

racy1 said:
I guess he got lucky 'coz Sony people didn't knew to check for firmware....

Thats actually true, there are many "DUMB" staff in the Sony World in India at least. But that doesn't apply in Kolkata, My friend bought an original, and when he CFW'ed it, it started giving some problems, he went to Sony World, and bamn, they didn't take it, they said u shouldn't have CFW'ed it.

I think what he had done wrong that he gave his Memstick as well to him and i think that was the thing that made him an idiot, as far as i know (i could be wrong) CFW's are installed in the memsticks and when he gave memsticks with his psp he hit himself with a stone there and then.

Aman27deep said:
I think what he had done wrong that he gave his Memstick as well to him and i think that was the thing that made him an idiot, as far as i know (i could be wrong) CFW's are installed in the memsticks and when he gave memsticks with his psp he hit himself with a stone there and then.

You are 100% wrong here , CFW's aren't installed on the memsticks at all.

Its on the device itself.

Wiki said:
In computing, firmware is a computer program that is embedded in a hardware device, for example a microcontroller. It can also be provided on flash ROMs or as a binary image file that can be uploaded onto existing hardware by a user.

As its name suggests, firmware is somewhere between hardware and software. Like software, it is a computer program which is executed by a microprocessor or a microcontroller. But it is also tightly linked to a piece of hardware, and has little meaning outside of it.

Read Complete Article : Firmware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HELP! :ashamed:
1.how much time does it take to install CFW on psp slim via psp fat?

2.should i format my psp slim's memorycard before installing CFW?

3.which tool should i use to format psp slim memory card?

Hi h4x0R,

Installing CFW is not about time. If you have a fat PSPwith CFW, a memory stick and a battery, you should be done in half an hour. However, utmost care should be taken to follow the instructions. A n00b should never try putting CFW on a PSP, or you will brick it. I won't even do it now, even though I have read about it extensively. I got my roomy to do it for me, he had already done it before.

All the instructions about installation can be found here (you'll have to register first):

Rift over IIT site in Rajasthan - Howrah News Service - Latest news and headlines on Howrah and West Bengal

Please try to find someone who can do the installation, is what I will suggest you. I know nukeu666 does it in Mumbai.

Cheers!

h4x0R said:
HELP! :ashamed:
1.how much time does it take to install CFW on psp slim via psp fat?

2.should i format my psp slim's memorycard before installing CFW?

3.which tool should i use to format psp slim memory card?
1.5 mins if you have the stick and batt ready
2.given in instructions for making the stick
3.given in instructions for making the stick

Hi

i am getting PSP SLIM FOR VIDEO PLAYABCK. so hows it when compared to IPOD TOUCH?

how to apply psp hori screen protecter to psp screen without bubbles. :mad: Is there any method?

naikvasai said:
hi,
in mumbai,can any one give mi crack psp with one or two year warranty
plz help

Nope mate.... such thing does not exist... :p

The moment you crack your PSP the warranty is VOID... Only the stock PSP billed with OFW is covered under 1 year warranty...

Back