The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

Keane 16 said:
Is the screen the only difference between the 2000 and the 3000? Is this the 2000: Newegg.com - Sony PlayStation Portable Slim - PSP Systems ?

How difficult is the whole downgrading crap?

The new one cannot be unlocked and there also seems to be a bit of a problem with the new screens. So maybe you would want to check around a bit before getting the 3000 model.

I am planning to buy PSP Slim Base Pack-Black (PSP 2004/PB), Can it be modded.....

hi guys..
i may get myself a psp today...
does anyone know if i can get a modded one in mumbai...('burbs preferably)..
if not, is it safe to do it yourself...some te member can help maybe...
ill be going for the slim n lite..
any other tips to remember while buying...

thanks a lot

ok..
id been to alfa today...
psp slim 2000 is available for 8450 with warranty..
they wont mod it
on top of that, the guy there told me that apart from the psp 3000, the psp 2000 model they had cant be modded...

now i read somewhere in this thread that any psp 2000 can be modded...

i didnt pick it up coz even that guy seemed pretty confident...

can anyone please help me out here...are there certain models of the psp 2000 which cant be modded?

Yes..

there are newer 2000 series psp which cannot be modded. Its all abt the newer motherboards.

To be on the safer side.. ask the shop person to mod the psp for u. If they cant, then ask for psp which can be modded.. i am sure he ll get one of those model out for u, purchase that and get it modded urself.

u can get the psp modded by using a pandora battery. members here on this forum can help u with that, just ask arnd..

Or U can get it done by shops in ur area which wd do it for money.

hi,

i was planning to buy a PSP-3004 (is that the right code?) but the salesman (Riyadh) here was telling me of something like being unable to "download" games to memory stick and that i have to wait for a hack for this latest model. i couldn't get a straight answer from him because my objective is just to buy the latest PSP Slim and Lite for my son and i don't mind paying for genuine Sony games (UMD?) just so my son can play any games he wants. so i googled and would always come up with with references to pandora's battery and all that.

question is, what is wrong if i don't "care" for those hacks? would my son still be able to enjoy the PSP-3004 since i'll be encouraging him to buy genuine games?

appreciate any help.

All PSP3000's and the 2000 series with the TA88v3 mobo cannot be modded. and by modding I mean it cannot run game ISOs from the memory stick or in more simpler words.....*ahem* games.....besides it also cannot run homebrew apps......

@capt, if you buy game UMDs (the game discs for the PSP) no one can stop your son from playing the games :)
PSP has been successfully modded for a long time now, its just the lastest PSP 3004 that has not had any success, besides the PSP 2000 series with the TA88v3 mobos.

Since the above situation might have been triggering a lot of returns......the salesman cautioned u beforehand.

@Ragin

many thanks for the quick reply! :)

i guess i should go ahead and buy the PSP-3004 then. that's great!

I'm planning to buy a PSP2000 slim in two more days, need your suggestions and advice,

This is what I have in mind:

PSP 2000 - Get it modded from the dealer himself Rs.8200 + 500

Sandisk MS Pro Duo 8gb Rs.4200/-

Logitech PSP2000 Slim case Rs.350/-

Hiro PSP2000/3000 Screen Guard Rs.150/-

I'll buy a TV output cable later this year. Any thing else that I can buy?

I checked today at Lammy and most shops only had PSP3000. I'll be checking again on the purchase date Monday09/03/2008.

Where else in Mumbai can I get a PSP2000 version and mod it ?

How do I check for TA88v3 motherboard ?

aman.pitbull said:
I'm planning to buy a PSP2000 slim in two more days, need your suggestions and advice,

This is what I have in mind:
PSP 2000 - Get it modded from the dealer himself Rs.8200 + 500
Sandisk MS Pro Duo 8gb Rs.4200/-
Logitech PSP2000 Slim case Rs.350/-
Hiro PSP2000/3000 Screen Guard Rs.150/-
I'll buy a TV output cable later this year. Any thing else that I can buy?

I checked today at Lammy and most shops only had PSP3000. I'll be checking again on the purchase date Monday09/03/2008.
Where else in Mumbai can I get a PSP2000 version and mod it ?
How do I check for TA88v3 motherboard ?

^^ Try Heera Paana

I had Heera Panna in mind but everybody looks suspicious in there. Any particular shopkeeper you think is good - genuine?

aman.pitbull said:
I had Heera Panna in mind but everybody looks suspicious in there. Any particular shopkeeper you think is good - genuine?
Among all the suspicious characters, there are some official/nice shops there too...

I bought my PSP from there... it was a genuine packed piece...

sound out is reliable at heera panna.........and since u are getting it modded by the shopkeeper himself......you wudnt end up with a TA88V3 Mobo.......as they cannot be modded :p.........

You can also try Ninja at musafir khana........

Ragin_Ice said:
sound out is reliable at heera panna.........and since u are getting it modded by the shopkeeper himself......you wudnt end up with a TA88V3 Mobo.......as they cannot be modded :p.........

You can also try Ninja at musafir khana........

Yup... that's where I got mine ;)

u can get a 8gb original sony memory card for psp at alfa 3 store in irla at Rs1975, i just bought 3 card lat week

Back