The Photography Thread !

@delirious: Better now! :D Totally kickass 2nd shot btw!

@Stuge: Yep, sometimes it's just better to have some fun away from the lens. ;)

Here's something different from me.

A sunset.
Beyond the horizon
4035259252_9c30e716e0_b.jpg

delirious? - photos of your SUV are great. Looks straight out of a magazine ad! The b&w really works here.

Here is one from me:

Originally titled "10mm of Happiness"

4037582450_dd0fce31ee_o.jpg

-D.Payne- said:
@delirious: Better now! :D Totally kickass 2nd shot btw!
Thanks, that's my fav too!

-D.Payne- said:
Here's something different from me.

I love it! The tranquility! The flare! It looks like the scene from a sci-fi movie right after that loud huge explosive mega blast, where everything goes silent for 5 sec (heartbeat sounds in the background), and then swish.... back to reality! :D

astrono_me said:
delirious? - photos of your SUV are great. Looks straight out of a magazine ad! The b&w really works here.
I so wish it was! :(

astrono_me said:
Originally titled "10mm of Happiness"

Excellent photo! It would have been perfect if the sky wasn't so overexposed! :( But I don't think you could have done anything without filters/manipulating.

10mm is just sexy, innit? :)

Some photographs from a recent trip :)

Hey,
I'd recently gone on a trip to Nainital, Binsar etc. in north India and clicked a LOT of pictures there. I've narrowed it down to this handful of pics which I'd like to share here, please have a look and leave me some feedback. :) (Click on the pics for a large version)

Out of the world shots by everyone.
Great going delirious, Pratap, Payne, Stuge and Deathdart
Regularly following this thread but posting after a long time.
My first try at framing. Complements and Criticism welcome:

4039908121_cbede2f3d5_o.jpg

Wow ! Some amazing shots seen here since the last time I visited this thread.

@delirious - Awesome shots of the SUV ! The enhanced contrast version in your last post is simply awesome !

@d_payne - Amazing shot there. Its a very simple shot but it has come out very well.

@astronome - Love the earlier shots of the lake. The Sunflower shot was also very nice as well. Aching to get the Sigma 10-20mm lens to take such shots. :)

@stuge - Liked the bokeh shots of your Diwali sets. Also your curve and reflections shot was pretty good as well.

@pawsingh - Lovely macro. Very sharp image and good focus. Which lens was this ?

@Deathdart - Lovely use of light in your pics. Haven't seen too many pics from you. Do post more. :)

Here's one from me -

Lovely shots, Deathdart!!

I love the vintage tone of the 1st and 2nd ones. 3rd is excellent! Very good lighting for the rest. Just wish the right half of the last photo wasn't tilted. :(

Downtown Seattle

4048805861_a1e868f655_b.jpg

pawsingh said:
Sigma 70-300 on Nikon D40

Wow that Sigma is pretty good considering the budget price it sells at.

pawsingh said:
Sigma 70-300 on Nikon D40
What kind of spider is it?

The scary kind ! My hands were shaking trying to manually focus on it. :ashamed: Thankfully the A200 has image stabilization in built !

Here is another spider from the same place.
40351455629c4d5ac75ab.jpg

Back