The Photography Thread !

ANP !!!

Skilled
May 15, 2006
Great pics Stuge. and Delirious, I hope you enjoyed the long exposures ;), did you use a ND filter ?

Payne, I dont wanna convey how good my camera or I am by saying my pic was SOOC, what I wanted to show is that, the beauty of the landscape at that time, I wanna explain that the sunset was so beautiful that I didn't need any processing to make it more beautiful. I hope you get what I am saying. Some pics just doesn't need any PP, cause its already fantastic. Anyways I totally agree with your words too :), maybe you took me wrong.

delirious?

Disciple
Jan 1, 2007
djniks.110mb.com
ANP !!! said:
... and Delirious, I hope you enjoyed the long exposures ;), did you use a ND filter ?

No ND filter. This was shot with my 50mm lens. I got my Sigma 10-20 and B&W #110 last week only! Didn't get them in time for the trip! :(

And yes, I definitely enjoyed taking the long exposure snaps! :) Can't wait to take more! Long exposure made me order a spare battery as well... they just suck in all the battery charge!

ANP !!!

Skilled
May 15, 2006
delirious? said:
No ND filter. This was shot with my 50mm lens. I got my Sigma 10-20 and B&W #110 last week only! Didn't get them in time for the trip! :(

And yes, I definitely enjoyed taking the long exposure snaps! :) Can't wait to take more! Long exposure made me order a spare battery as well... they just suck in all the battery charge!

SWEET :D, I have the same kit, its badass, Wont take long to master the manual exposure. Daylight long exposures are total fun, cause you get surreal pics that you cant see with your eye in real.

Stuge

Photo Connoisseur
Disciple
Feb 4, 2009
networkwalkman.blogspot.com
Humayun Tomb from train !(see the red monument )!

4018123178_49c46cb416_b.jpg

wihtout frame

4018146314_6b3541ee0a_b.jpg

I didn't like this pic at all .

-D.Payne-

Adept
Apr 9, 2007
www.greatdrivingchallenge.com
@Stuge: Some of the Diwali shots are neat - especially the bokeh ones - but am sure you could have done better in terms of composition and timing. :)

The Curve and Reflections shot is seriously good in terms of composition but you might want to increase the contrast a bit to add to accentuate the curves and geometry a bit more. This is simply IMO, as it is also it gives off a very nice "old school" film look!

@astrono_me/Pratap: I LOVE the Crash n Splash shot. It's picture-perfect, poster-quality! All the way from the water leading the eyes to the majestic clouds and mountains in the distance, and to the few tiny splashes of water which are visible in the upper part of the frame. Simply WOW material. Would look wonderful printed super-large.

I've seen the 2nd shot on your stream (and also the making of it) and I'm somehow not seriously impressed by it. The photograph itself has no striking elements of composition or wow-factor in it. Quite boring when compared to the rest of your work. This is my very candid opinion, knowing the quality of your portfolio so far. :)

Btw, I have a question: do you protect your camera in anyway when you take into water like this?
@Delirious: Grand shot of the SUV man! Awesome timing and decent BnW conversion. The shot is lacking in contrast overall for my taste though, looks too "flat", if u know what I'm saying!

astrono_me

Disciple
Feb 26, 2007
Bangalore
pixelshooter.net
-D.Payne- said:
@astrono_me/Pratap: I LOVE the Crash n Splash shot. It's picture-perfect, poster-quality! All the way from the water leading the eyes to the majestic clouds and mountains in the distance, and to the few tiny splashes of water which are visible in the upper part of the frame. Simply WOW material. Would look wonderful printed super-large.

I've seen the 2nd shot on your stream (and also the making of it) and I'm somehow not seriously impressed by it. The photograph itself has no striking elements of composition or wow-factor in it. Quite boring when compared to the rest of your work. This is my very candid opinion, knowing the quality of your portfolio so far. :)

Appreciation and critique taken in the right spirit. Thanks for your candid comments :)

-D.Payne- said:
Btw, I have a question: do you protect your camera in anyway when you take into water like this?

For this particular shot - no. I was feeling a little audacious that day :rofl: I did get a few droplets on the front element of the lens. But what the heck, it was only water - and if it isn't pure at 17000 feet where else would it be!

Stuge

Photo Connoisseur
Disciple
Feb 4, 2009
networkwalkman.blogspot.com
-D.Payne- said:
@Stuge: Some of the Diwali shots are neat - especially the bokeh ones - but am sure you could have done better in terms of composition and timing. :)

!

well,that had to happen when I was holding camera in my hand ,and not letting tripod do the work for me .I was too eager to burn crackers instead of capturing them lol

delirious?

Disciple
Jan 1, 2007
djniks.110mb.com
-D.Payne- said:
@Delirious: Grand shot of the SUV man! Awesome timing and decent BnW conversion. The shot is lacking in contrast overall for my taste though, looks too "flat", if u know what I'm saying!

Thanks man. I did actually increase the contrast a bit. But I didn't as much as I normally do I guess. If I did any further, the black would have been really black; which probably wouldn't have been bad either. Hmmm.... :detect2: Or maybe I think this laptop's screen is deceiving me! :bandana:

EDIT: You're right payne, contrast was lacking! I think it's the laptop angle that caused the problem. If the screen is not exactly parallel to my face, it looks more darker! :O

EDIT 2: Shit contrast was lacking so darn much!! :|

Updated + Another One.

makeyourownroad960.jpg

makeyourownroadii960.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
Everyone in here has got insanse skills :D. My favourite thread on TE. keep them coming guys :)