The Photography Thread !

Thanks guys! :)

As for PP, the antlers are all naturally lit by the setting afternoon sun - it's all about location and angle with this one. :D The real post-processing has to do with shadow/highlights tweaking, detail enhancement, levels and saturation. All PP steps which don't add anything extra to the image - just make it clearer and crisper. :)

Some more as requested:

All alone (PP: Saturation, Shadow/Highlights, levels)

3409114996_99958f3431_b.jpg

Elephant family walk

3409099160_8540966d4c_b.jpg

Lazy alligator

3406883436_1a8acec0b4_b.jpg

On the run - One of my faves!

3409099878_d3dbf7cecc_b.jpg

Stark reality - My fave from this set. :)

3409115102_33f8f05677_b.jpg

All shot in Corbett. Some early morning shots to follow soon. :D

Cheers!

Payne

@D. Payne
"As for PP, the antlers are all naturally lit by the setting afternoon sun - it's all about location and angle with this one."

It seems the antler is "in velvet", being the newly grown one after annual shedding of antler by the deer.

beautifull shots pyne.

you are lucky enough to sight so amny varieties of animals in corbett, I had to come back disappointed.

btw a technical correction : its not alligator its ghariyal (a subspecies of croc family)

amazing shots D-payne :O !! In love with the Stark Reality, and Elephant family photo :p

is it possible to post Stark Reality in a higher-resolution (1920 X 1080)? wish to keep it as my desktop wallpaper if you dont mind.

This thread is one of my favorites on TE...just keeps getting better and pulling me more and more towards Photography.

Thanks guys! You all make the uploads worth it. :D Your replies and your reputation points as well. :)

@medpal: Well, it is a ghariyal - that's what is the title on my flickr stream along with technical details. We got to sight a LOT more animal species which aren't uploaded on flickr - simply because they're good snapshots of animals but not great photographs in themselves. :) For me a great photo is one that has lighting, composition and context. The wildlife should be part of the story - not the story itself.

Jus to ensure that my post is not just me blabbering, here's a photo example too!

Perched - Shot at dawn during the early morning elephant safari (from atop the elephant!)
3410698093_a925c65eae_b.jpg

Cheers!
Payne

PS: Guys, I'll upload widescreen wallpapers from Corbett, just gimme 2 days since am not working on my personal laptop with PS installed!

Thanks ANP

Payne: Man you took this thread to next level with those Corbett shots. They are professional and treat for eyes.

touzeen: Nice shot, great details. however, I would generally expect more dynamic colors in a HDR. I mean, more red and green saturation. but that is me. How many shots you took and at what exposure to create this HDR?
out of plane window:
3417955199_827b08d7c8_b.jpg

The only reason why i like flying.

pawsingh said:
Thanks ANP

Payne: Man you took this thread to next level with those Corbett shots. They are professional and treat for eyes.

touzeen: Nice shot, great details. however, I would generally expect more dynamic colors in a HDR. I mean, more red and green saturation. but that is me. How many shots you took and at what exposure to create this HDR?

out of plane window:

3417955199_827b08d7c8_b.jpg

The only reason why i like flying.

Nice shots from plane

byway that does not look like normal plan wings

it look like fighter jet wings

hdr was with -1,0,+1 from a single RAW file

i actually turned down the saturation during tone mapping,i like my hdr more "dark and contrasty" rather then saturated

Great shots ANP, my view is that the green/yellow saturation in the last shot is too high - one can't distinguish between the leaves in the foreground.

The 2nd shot is very mystical! :)

@pawsingh: Thanks! I like the first shot the most of the lot in the flight series.

2 more for the thread:

From Corbett: Rotting - 50mm f1.7 Minolta lens

3423984928_dbc787910e_b.jpg

From Charminar, Hyderabad: Colorful - Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens

3375773056_a7d8bed4e9_o.jpg

Cheers!

Payne

Back