The Photography Thread !

Payne, beautiful photographs. Those shots highlight the real benefit of owning a DSLR, my A720IS produces heavy noise (though still useable) at ISO1600 like in the shots below

70-dhaba-at-bhugotu.jpg

71-pwd-worker-at-bhugotu.jpg

Great shots with a P&S

DSC_3079copy1024x768.jpg

Camera: Nikon D40

ISO: 200

Shutter: 1/40

Aperture: f/10

Focal Length: 55mm

Exposure Bias: 0

Lens: Nikkor 18-55 3.5-5.6 DX II ED VR

@Abhishek: Wow. The second one is a stunner with the brilliant blue adding color. I'd guess PP'ing only to the extent of levels and sharpening, or in-camera settings. :) This is a winner of a shot! Are you on flickr or any photo site? Please to share the URL.

@Yogesh: Thanks. :) Your shots are always very photo-journalistic in nature. Very nice.

Payne

Ank1t said:
Keane, There is PP I'm sure. Abhishek, 4:3 here :)
Wokay. Btw, I finally got my hands on an FZ28. Any websites that'll help me start my photography journey? I just know very very basic stuff right now. :ashamed:

Continuing with the theme in the previous page..

Ignite

3106869552_88c29f6874.jpg

Again with the Panny FZ8; No PP, though it definitely needs some, 'coz the picture is not sharp. Was taken in low light at full zoom, so had to sacrifice sharpness.
Comments & criticisms welcome.
Any guidance on how to make such pictures sharper by PP would be very helpful.. :)

Ank1t said:
Keane, There is PP I'm sure. Abhishek, 4:3 here :)
Can somebody define me what is straight out of the cam???
PP are the part and parcel of digital imaging.
Many Point and shoot cams crammed with mega pixels often does in-camera sharpen, steep contrast curves, Barrel and pincushion correction,saturation, gamma, heck White Balance is also a processing, Noise reduction even at base iso. :mad:
so this means the picture is natural?. Heck Sony even does the noise supression to its raw images in the alpha DSLR.
If you go to the higher mid to high end DSLR's of canon or nikon the pic comes out to be soft and flat. its upto the photographers taste to add the rest mentioned above. Its their routine process to PP the image with suitable workflows.
D40 is quite capable cam and its jpeg output is contrasty and quite liking to the masses who does minimum PP

Thanks guys, most of my pics are Post Processed RAW. I always shoot RAW + JPEG.

@ Ankit, Here you go, these are original resolutions out of the camera (3:2)

@Topic.

DSC_3116-1copy1024x768.jpg

@hp-india: This one is nowhere close to the previous set. Those were examples of fine photography, this is just a snapshot. I'm sorry. :) The previous set was exemplary in it's composition and creativity. :D

@ANP: Man, you continue to blaze this page with beautiful photos. The sepia treatment is perfect!

Keane 16 said:
Wokay. Btw, I finally got my hands on an FZ28. Any websites that'll help me start my photography journey? I just know very very basic stuff right now. :ashamed:

Well.. Dpreview is a start. Plus their forums are great.

vijaycool said:
Can somebody define me what is straight out of the cam???

Each his own..No processing done by the person. Just the cam.

You can take pretty good pics with a P&S, these are much better then many DSLR pictures.

Flickr Link

DSC_3481watermarked1024x768.jpg

Camera: Nikon D40

ISO: 400

Shutter: 1/800

Aperture: f/16

Focal Length: 18mm

Exposure Bias: -0.7 stop

Lens: Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G DX EDII VR

Back