The Personal Hygiene Thread!

soaps, etc. are not so much recommended for daily use, unless your skin becomes really tarnished with all dust, soot, oiliness, sweat, etc. otherwise they leave your skin kind-of 'dead'. one thing which works extremely well is curd. apply some on your face and scalp, rub for a few seconds, and leave it be for about half-an-hour. your skin and hair would glow like anything after that! though you would smell of the yogurt for quite sometime after that :D
for my skin-type, i've seen that natural stuff (like also a mixture of multaani mitti [fuller earth]+ milk + gulaabjal [rose-water] + other random stuff like sandalwood powder or extract/honey, etc.) work very good instead of artificial ones. these could be easily recommened for everyone as well. and if short on time, probably nothing beats the simple application of curd with post-bath application of aloe vera extract/gel on face + hair/scalp. usage of soaps, shampoos, etc. should be very infrequent, unlike what all those hoardes of companies want us to believe ;)

just stumbled on this thread...and i think ppl with hair problems should consult a Dermatologist and not a tech forum :p my dad is a dermatologist and im a G.P and i know hair loss is not a simple problem
i am telling you a truth , (is this grammatically correct ??)i have never applied oil to my hair from past 6 years and i apply shampoo only 3 times a month ..and my hair is good !!although i loose hair (everyone does) (from years)the growing is a lot faster than loosing !!

i am telling you a truth , (is this grammatically correct ??)i have never applied oil to my hair from past 6 years and i apply shampoo only 3 times a month ..and my hair is good !!although i loose hair (everyone does) (from years)the growing is a lot faster than loosing !!

that's untrue
my 2 friends that don't use oil have started having hairfall problems & one of my friend who uses oil hair-oil has gr8 hair & experiences less hairfall

that's untrue
my 2 friends that don't use oil have started having hairfall problems & one of my friend who uses oil hair-oil has gr8 hair & experiences less hairfall

Correlation doesn't imply causation. I never use oil and have great hair, not one problem with the hair, apart from getting frequent haircuts :p I also don't shampoo much, just once or twice a month, but I make sure to wash my hair with water thoroughly every day.

Back