The LG Optimus 2x Thread

Santa Maria! said:
I ordered the Galaxy R instead. Can.. can you guys ever forgive me? :(

No i wont :mad:

Just kidding :p

The SGR is an equally good purchase. Congrats and enjoy!

By the way, i got the Samsung 16GB MicroSD class 6 card delivered from HS18 today. Works well.

Interesting. Class 6 is good with beasts like O2X & SGR? For video watching and installing games on SD, ie.

A 16 GB card will be my next target.

Phan7om said:
which cover you are using with O2x ?

I was using the cover which boogeyman has but stopped using it since i realized that it was rubbing against the bottom and top of my phone and has scratched it. Currently i am not using any sort of cover on it.

Santa Maria! said:
I ordered the Galaxy R instead. Can.. can you guys ever forgive me? :(

Its a nice phone. Congrats :)

Santa Maria! said:
Interesting. Class 6 is good with beasts like O2X & SGR? For video watching and installing games on SD, ie.

A 16 GB card will be my next target.

I have this - Flipkart.com: Transcend Memory Card MicroSDHC MicroSDHC 16GB Class 10: Memory Card

I get constant read/write above 10mBps. But i have heard samsung class 6 perform equally or even better sometimes.

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 138
  • home.jpg
    home.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 125
Whats the idle CPU settings you guys have set\using..am using System Tuner... also am running MIUI.. i have the phone fully charged and after 3-4hrs of music playing, 30-45mins of call and few sms, i end up with 25-30 battery left at the end of the day..

MIUI drains the battery faster than CM7. I use IronKrnL's stock settings (~300-1300 MHz) in CM7, and the default voltages :) .

I should get 40-45% battery remaining with the usage you have using these settings. (Played a lot of games yesterday afternoon and had 60% remaining in the evening)

Ran a Smartbench 2012 benchmark on this new kernel, prod index has shot up to nearly 3000! Games index is 2233.

I have flashed CM7.2 Temasek's latest KANG build with vadonka's kernel, 32MB RAM hack, battery saver with core boost. I am quite satisfied with it. If you people are having issues with call quality(clarity) and your handset is manufactured in Korea, flash Baseband and RIL version 824. If you didn't understand head or tail of what to do, let me know, i'll help.

Hi,

I am interested in buying the optimus 2x and will likely flash it with cyanogenmod. (I have been using CM7 on my Nook Color and am greatly satisfied with it).

I want to know whether FM radio is enabled in the latest nightlies i,e, is one able to access FM radio channels smoothly?

Also, does CM7 for optimus 2x support file formats like mkv, avi, xvid etc out of the box or we need to download moboplayer from the market?

Any reply will greatly aid my decision to go for oprimus 2x.

Thanks

Hi,

I am interested in buying the optimus 2x and will likely flash it with cyanogenmod. (I have been using CM7 on my Nook Color and am greatly satisfied with it).

I want to know whether FM radio is enabled in the latest nightlies i,e, is one able to access FM radio channels smoothly?

Also, does CM7 for optimus 2x support file formats like mkv, avi, xvid etc out of the box or we need to download moboplayer from the market?

Any reply will greatly aid my decision to go for oprimus 2x.

Thanks

FM Radio works perfectly on CM7 latest nightlies. Stock video player supports avi but for mkv etc. you need to download some free media player from the market like MX Video player (which i use). Of course downloading only takes a few seconds and is one time only, no problems after that. So, there are absolutely no issues regarding the points you have stated (No partial functionality, all fully functional).
<

FM Radio works perfectly on CM7 latest nightlies. Stock video player supports avi but for mkv etc. you need to download some free media player from the market like MX Video player (which i use). Of course downloading only takes a few seconds and is one time only, no problems after that. So, there are absolutely no issues regarding the points you have stated (No partial functionality, all fully functional).
<

Which nightly number are you on?

Thanks @rhlravi

This has now finalised optimus 2x for me. It was a tussle between optimus and galaxy r (yep, the same debate thats being raging all over techenclave).

But i figured an 8 Mp cam, gorilla glass and most of all, Cyanogenmod support more than makes up for 512 mb of optimus against 1 gb of galaxy...

Thanks a lot.....and now to wait for optimus 2x to be available.........
<

Nightly 204(latest).

There hasnt been an official nightly after this but there are kang builds from many developers so there are always updates coming.

I use Temasek's Kang (version 204-34 is latest as of now).

Thats great. How's the camera performance compared to stock ROM? The FM and the Camera were the only 2 reasons holding me back from trying CM

Camera performance is definitely comparable. If you install apps like LG Camera or Camera Zoom FX, you can get even better image quality. So, the negligible difference in quality will not even be noticeable (installing Bravia engine hack boosts quality of image even further, though only on the mobile screen, because it is a screen hack, not a camera hack.)

I wanted to post results of testing various kernels on CM7.

Ratings for various kernels:

1. Stock CM7 kernel: Performance 8/10, Battery 8/10

2. IronKrnL 1.3GHz: Performance 8.5/10, Battery 8/10

3. IronKrnL 1.5 GHz: Performance 10/10, Battery 6/10

4. Vadonka's kernel (normal version): Performance 9/10, Battery 8/10

5. Vadonka's kernel (powersaver undervolted version): Performance 7/10, Battery 9/10

All kernels above, except first(stock CM7) which were tested had 32MB RAM hack, and included voodoo sound (voodoo sound doesnt affect performance, only audio quality), and Sony Bravia Engine hack(no affect in performance again, only image quality).

Other popular kernels include:

1.Horsepower extreme (only for stock ROMs, so could not test)

2.Blazing dragon (only for stock ROMs, so could not test)

3.Vorkkernel (not updated since 16th Nov, so not tested)

Hello Guys..

Just joined the gang today..

BTW, can anyone tell how to use spare internal storage as SD card.. My sd card has gone for RMA hence could click pics also as camera ask for external SD card

Back