The LG Optimus 2x Thread

a query reg Titanium backup..

I have a backup of 70+ apps and when i restore it, i used to install them manually (Batch -- Restore all apps) so want to know whether its possible to install all the apps with a single click just like the BackUp option where you say RUN and it backups all the selected apps without asking for any user's action for each app..

MyBackUp Pro also does it. You can restore apk's, data or both.

a query reg Titanium backup..

I have a backup of 70+ apps and when i restore it, i used to install them manually (Batch -- Restore all apps) so want to know whether its possible to install all the apps with a single click just like the BackUp option where you say RUN and it backups all the selected apps without asking for any user's action for each app..

Press menu button(first capacitive touch button), select "Batch". In restore section, select the option you want, like "restore newer versions", etc. The most comprehensive one would be "Restore all apps with data".

Press menu button(first capacitive touch button), select "Batch". In restore section, select the option you want, like "restore newer versions", etc. The most comprehensive one would be "Restore all apps with data".

this allows you to install the apps one by one right.. I need it in one click..

MyBackUp Pro also does it. You can restore apk's, data or both.

thanks but currently looking for a free app
<

To do so, you need the paid version of Titanium backup.. free one asks for every app to be installed

thanks for the info
<

this allows you to install the apps one by one right.. I need it in one click..

I use Appbrain market sync with fast web installer. I maintain a list of all my apps in appbrain and after I change Roms or after I wipe, all I've to do is install appbrain and fast web installer, then copy over the list to the device's list of apps and execute, it installs all apps automatically. Hope this is what you're looking for?

I use Appbrain market sync with fast web installer. I maintain a list of all my apps in appbrain and after I change Roms or after I wipe, all I've to do is install appbrain and fast web installer, then copy over the list to the device's list of apps and execute, it installs all apps automatically. Hope this is what you're looking for?

thanks and will check it out...
<

[sub]Guess O2x and Galaxy R war is picking up popularity even though i guess both the phones are soon going to be R.I.P [/sub]
<

GsmArena have their version of this epic battle http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_r_vs_lg_optimus_2x-review-713.php

Guys, I found a supposed fix to the dropping connections issue on O2X:

Open the Phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#* (note the symbols are backwards)

Tap on Phone Information

Scroll Down and set your Preferred Network Type to GSM auto (PRL) - NOTE this does not disable 3G or HSDPA! Speed tests still show I am receiving speeds up to 2.4mbps - NOTE there will still be the 3G and H icons in your status bar

This has fixed the connection dropout issue for me, please let me know if this hasn't helped for someone else.

Original Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6350798&postcount=46

I've enabled it. Will observe for a few days and post back

I noticed Network drop out when Network preference was chosen as " GSM/WCDMA (auto mode)" or "GSM/CDMA (CDMA preferred)".

However noticing no drop outs on my G2x since I chose GSM only

really super news buddy and the usual question - has anyone tried it
<
i just tried the new nightly builds of CM7 and today only reverted back to MIUI.. will check this out tomorrow..

I am using it since its been out. Battery life is simply the best i have seen in any ROM. Basic functions like call, sms are working perfectly and the UI is very smooth. Hardware acceleration is missing, video playback is buggy also camera sometimes dont work. Certain apps dont work (i am yet to find one).

No network drops for me, bluetooth works perfectly and so does file transfer over usb. Certain apps force close sometimes and there are very little slowdown in some transitions but that is acceptable as this is a first build of the ROM.

This is any day better than any miui or cm7 rom i tried
<

I am using it since its been out. Battery life is simply the best i have seen in any ROM. Basic functions like call, sms are working perfectly and the UI is very smooth. Hardware acceleration is missing, video playback is buggy also camera sometimes dont work. Certain apps dont work (i am yet to find one).

No network drops for me, bluetooth works perfectly and so does file transfer over usb. Certain apps force close sometimes and there are very little slowdown in some transitions but that is acceptable as this is a first build of the ROM.

This is any day better than any miui or cm7 rom i tried
<

Tried this yesterday night and was using it till today morning.. review of rom -- almost the same as above
<
call, sms and music perfect no issues.. but again some abnormal hangs in music so had to reinsert the battery to get the phone working again.. Videos -- lots of lag, camera-- worked only few times and it was showing "can't connect to the camera".. automatic brightness was not applying.. overall buggy but i really loved the ICS OS and now hoping LG to quickly launch the update
<

Switched back to MIUI.. are new nightly builds not good enough??

for me I had issues in running the USSD codes (am a prepaid customer so need to use them frequently:)) and apart from it found the UI customization in MIUI attractive and easy compared to CM7
<

I was having issues with music player too, disabled flip to pause in the setting and everything was normal after that.
<

Oh.. thanks buddy.. will check it as i want to go back to ICS again
<

also want to know whether its possible to have 2 or more ROMS just like our pcs -- WinXP and Win7 i.e. multiple OSes.

Also are you using the Feb 2nd gapps as mentioned in that thread or the latest one - Feb12th i guess..

Oh.. thanks buddy.. will check it as i want to go back to ICS again
<

also want to know whether its possible to have 2 or more ROMS just like our pcs -- WinXP and Win7 i.e. multiple OSes.

Also are you using the Feb 2nd gapps as mentioned in that thread or the latest one - Feb12th i guess..

I dont think dual booting is possible on O2x.
<

I am using the Feb 2nd gapps.

dual booting -- so is it possible on other phones like S2 etc?

also mate are you able to view the battery status in percentage? and automatic brightness working?

ICS is a large upgrade isnt it? Setting etc. look totally different and there is a fresh feel about the OS. I tried it out yesterday and would have loved to keep it permanent if it weren't for the camera and video playing problems. And for your info, dual booting is not possible on the O2X as far as i know.

ICS sure feels fresh. I was bored of gingerbread and was even considering selling my o2x, i dont think i need to do that now
<

Back