The "Greatest Movie Scenes" Thread

The ending scene of Usual Suspects where Verbal walks out of the Police Station..

The detective is seen running around after getting the fax of the suspects likeness.. and our man Verbal's limp slowly disappears. EPIC.

Shawshank Redemption - When Red, the warden and the guards look in through the torn poster.

A scene starring one of the most underrated actors in hollywood: Jim Carrey's last scene in the Truman show - In case I don't see ya', good afternoon, good evening and goodnight. Hahaha! Yeah!

Crash: The scene where the jewish guys shots the mexican guy and his daughter comes in between.

A bunch of scenes from V for Vendetta, including - Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

The Shawshank redemption: this movie is filled with awesome scenes.

1. When Andy wins beers for his jailmates.

2. Andy's dialogue: "Till I joined the prison, I was straight as an arrow"..

3. In the start when jailmates are taking bets on newcomers etc :)

LOTR the return of king.

When Strider is crowned the king in the end. And all the folks bow before the hobbits :)

Gunda: When bulla gives his intro :)

Gattaca - The Departure (my all time fave)

[youtube]V-lHSI_UufE[/youtube]

The Shawshack Redemption - Prison Break

[youtube]ElxGBKi7jMo[/youtube]

Both movies are very inspiring and moving. I almost shed a tear every time I watch them.

Fightclub!!!!

Narrator: You're making a big mistake, fellas.
Police Officer 1: You said you'd say that.
Narrator: I'm not Tyler Durden!
Police Officer 2: You told us you'd say that, too.
Narrator: All right, I am Tyler Durden. Listen to me, I'm giving you a direct order: we're aborting this mission right now. Police Officer 1: You said you would definitely say that.

Narrator: My suitcase was vibrating?
Airport Security Officer: Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor, but . . . every once in a while . . . it's a dildo. Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership. In the even of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite article "a" dildo, never "your" dildo.

Richard Chesler: Is this yours?
Narrator: Huh?
Richard Chesler: Pretend you're me. Make a managerial decision. You find this, what would you do?
Narrator: Well, I've got to tell you. I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that is dangerous. And, this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap and then stalk from office to office with an Armilite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semiautomatic weapon: pumping round after round into colleagues and coworkers. This might be someone you've known for years . . . someone very, very close to

[Tyler points a gun into the Narrator's mouth]
Narrator: [voiceover] People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durden.
Tyler Durden: Three minutes. This is it - ground zero. Would you like to say a few words to mark the occasion?
Narrator: ...i... ann... iinn... ff... nnyin...
Narrator: [voiceover] With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels.
[Tyler removes the gun from the Narrator's mouth]
Narrator: I can't think of anything.
Narrator: [voiceover] For a second I totally forgot about Tyler's whole controlled demolition thing and I wonder how clean that gun is.

Tyler Durden: [pointing at an emergency instruction manual on a plane] You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
Narrator: So you can breath.
Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.
Narrator: That's, um... That's an interesting theory.

Tyler Durden: [the Narrator places the gun under his chin and cocks back the hammer] Now why would you want to go and blow your head off?
Narrator: Not my head, Tyler, *our* head.

stalker said:
The ending scene of Usual Suspects where Verbal walks out of the Police Station..

The detective is seen running around after getting the fax of the suspects likeness.. and our man Verbal's limp slowly disappears. EPIC.

Ha, Kaiser Sose, aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!

that was Spacey's rise to fame.

Sholay the starting when Amitabh pounce out and shoots last dacoit coming from bogie roof.

Behind Enemy Line last scene when Owen Wilson tries to run away towards a cliff from enemies convoy and from the other side Gene Hackman emerges with his helicopter.

Roja the scene wherein terrorists burns Indian Flag and Arvind Swamy with his hand tied tries hard to save the burning flag with his back.

Nobody here loves the Taxi driver... you lookin' at me

and then there is Jack in a restaurant, trying to get "a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce" and asking waitress to hold the chicken... between her legs :p

Here are some of the best scenes from some of my favorite films:

The Great Escape - Ending

[youtube]mdC1FHi5Xak[/youtube]

The Matrix - Ending

[youtube]0Rnv7jrmvIs[/youtube]

The island - Ending

[youtube]tkKNsHN4cAg[/youtube]

Titanic - Ending

[youtube]kNvQlLQCj4o[/youtube]

LOTR - TTT - Helms Deep Charge

[youtube]ZpwsKRpKS_M[/youtube]

LOTR - ROTK - Riders of Rohirrim Charge