The "Greatest Movie Scenes" Thread

Bluffmaster

Skilled
Hi Guys,

Let us share with each other what we think are the greatest Movie moments of all time. Most of us watch plenty of movies and there are some scenes which stick out and make a good movie great. There many legendary movie moments and I am sharing with you some of those moments.

So lets begin,
True Romance - Sicilians

Dennis hopper and Christopher walken, two legendary actors face-off in this legendary scene from the movie "True Romance". The tension, the drama, the comedy and the dialogs in this scene are nothing short of spectacular. This particular scene alone made "True Romance" worth watching.

[youtube]tqccyUpnZwA[/youtube]
The Godfather - Opening Scene

I really don't need to say anything about this scene. This scene is legendary and has been the trademark of "The Godfather" for ages now. Arguably the best opening scene of any movie till date. You can only admire Don Vito Corleone.

[youtube]OjQx0uZTbhI[/youtube]

The Godfather - The Meeting of the Five Families

Another legendary scene from "The Godfather". The Don's son has been brutally murdered in a gang war and the Don thinks that its time to put an end to all the violence and call a truce between all the five mob families. His speech is one of the greatest you'll ever hear in a Movie. You sense the pain in his emotions. One of many golden moments in the greatest movie of all time.

[youtube]cNMDi0JByK0[/youtube]
Unforgiven - The End

Its Clint Eastwood and he does what he does best, kill. One of the best Westerner of all time, Unforgiven is one movie which any Eastwood fan cannot afford to miss. This scene proves why Eastwood is called the Grand Daddy of all Bad a$$es.

[youtube]5SO5VO2ixWY[/youtube]
Gran Torino - Saving the Asian

Another classic Eastwood scene from his latest and probably last movie as an actor. He is old, he is weak and he is a racist but he still remains the Grand Daddy of all Bad a$$es. The way this scene unfolds is truly amazing.

[youtube]OLdIKlXl3ZA[/youtube]

Resorvoir dogs - Mr. Blonde

"Are You Gonna Bark All Day Little Doggie, or Are You Gonna Bite?" This quote went on to become one of the most famous Movie quotes of all time hence making this scene memorable.

[youtube]vEFqTH3buZA[/youtube]

Pulp Fiction - The Breakfast Scene

Another Legendary scene. The scene which made Pulp fiction and Samuel L Jackson famous. Probably the funniest and most memorable scene of the movie. Its perfectly directed to have both tension and hilarious quotes.

[youtube]f6csp2fZt2E[/youtube]

Kill Bill Vol.2 - The lonely grave of Paula Schultz

A brilliantly crafted scene from one of the all time great filmmakers. This is one of the most memorable scenes of the Kill Bill franchise.

[youtube]yZOUAqN2bVg[/youtube]

Dog Day Afternoon - Attica!!

Pacino at his best. Mind you, in this movie Pacino was still a new comer and he was yet to aqquire the legend status. But the kind of performance he gives in this movie is truly incredible. One could feel the tension and the intensity in pacino's performance. In this particular scene, you as a viewer can't help but cheer for him.

[youtube]JapLRTlQlQQ[/youtube]

Saving Private Ryan - D-DAY

Saving Private Ryan was directed by Steven Spielberg and the winner of 5 Academy Awards. This scene is not only greatest war scene of all time but also perhaps one of the best action scene ever directed. The level of detail and realism is astounishing. You not only feel amazed at the whole proceedings but also feel sorry for the brave soldiers who fought the battle of Omah beach.

[youtube]_y1YL9C8Hfw[/youtube]

Saving Private Ryan - Sniper Scene

Another classic scene from one of the greatest war movies. Again the realism and detail is amazing.

[youtube]xxElnjaWiQE[/youtube]
Titanic - The Sinking of Titanic

The splashiest moment in the greatest disaster movie ever made. The Last moments of Titanic.Technology made it look real, but Cameron's skills as a director made it feel that way. The awesome destruction and deafening cracks (especially when the ship snaps in two) are balanced with smaller touches of human tragedy (an elderly couple embracing in bed as the water rises), proving that old-time movie magic still holds a place in high-tech Hollywood.

[youtube]SEEokx0iXSU[/youtube]

Terminator 2 : The Entry of T-800

In this classic film entrance, electrical arcs of blue-white light snapped and sparked behind two parked tractor-trailers in an all-night truck stop. And then appears Arnie, naked. He then scans his surroundings and makes his way to the bar. What happens next is history.

[youtube]NgBc-zlj3zk[/youtube]
The Silence of the Lambs - The Great Escape of Hannibal Lector

Hopkins' Academy Award-winning performance made Lecter into a cultural icon. Hopkins Lecter remains the shortest lead role ever to win an Oscar for Best Actor, appearing in the movie for a total of only about sixteen and a half minutes. But he leaves a tremendous impact in his every appearance. This is one such scene. Watching this scene still sends a chill down my spine. You have to see it to believe it.

[youtube]fIC5-Yzm1O8[/youtube]

The Dark Knight - Joker Party Crashing

The Great Heath Ledger (R.I.P). He was an absolute delight to watch in the blockbuster "The Dark Knight". You cannot help but be amazed by his outstanding performance.

[youtube]HSq9_q0TgDc[/youtube]
The Dark Knight - Joker Escape

[youtube]FP5YbXb6lFs[/youtube]
The Dark Knight - Interrogation Scene

[youtube]RpNtde_owk4[/youtube]

Please share the scenes you think deserve to be watched again and again. :)

log 1 = 0 said:
Where is the face off between Al Pacino and Robert De Niro from Heat ?

I knew someone would say that but to be honest I found that scene pretty ordinary. Ofcourse, the actors involved are legends but somehow the face-off didn't have that punch to it.

Bluffmaster said:
I knew someone would say that but to be honest I found that scene pretty ordinary. Ofcourse, the actors involved are legends but somehow the face-off didn't have that punch to it.

Actually I absolutely adore this dialogue...

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." ;)

American History X: Edward Norton smashes the nigga's jaws onto the pavement. :p

Enemy at the gates: Ed harris taking a head shot on the guy when he runs and jumps across.

The Terminal - Where in Tom Hanks collects those trolleys at airports to earn some change.. His expressions are priceless.. Also when he pats a kid sitting on a trolley.. Go Go.... :D

Need to see the movie again ;)

"English Mother****er, do you speak it?" epicness!

"Run Forrest run"

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse"

"Houston, we have a problem" epicness again!

"I'll be back"

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. "

and probably the best ever(maybe the second best after the first^ one)

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

please go watch this movie if you haven't already( V for Vendetta).

I am reminded of the scene from the movie "The Fountain". When Hugh Jackman reaches enlightenment , and you see all the 3 era's converging in their endings in the quest to find the/sustain the fountain of life. That is truly amazing.

Hmm breakfast scene for Pulp Fiction or Diner Scene with Sam L J's delivery.

That was the first movie i saw him in that made me take notice of this guy :)

Another two classic scenes from one of my favorite movies :

The Scent Of A Woman - The Tango

[youtube]in5EPHVgcXg[/youtube]

The Scent of a Woman - Ending Speech

[youtube]nqsf0XynGz8[/youtube]

Guys, I would appreciate if you could provide youtube links for the scenes you mention. :)

Back