The Fitness Thread !

re: The Fitness Thread !

Last week when i chkd my weight on tuesday it was 53kgs and today i.e. moday i chkd and it was 53.7kg, 700gms increase ... 1st increase in weight after taking regularly 1scoop of protinex with 500ml milk after workout :D (i think the reason for weight inc is mainly that i am a beginner)

Rockfella said:
Buy Quacker's Oatmeal Rs. 118 for 1kg, have 2 huge scoops with milk after workout. U need 115+ gms of protein per day to get maximum results! See what one scoop of proteinex has... try chicken fish more eggs, i can't suggest u whey i believe u paying R. 1300 per month as fee, i'd rather join a Rs. 200 wala gym and spend Rs. 2000 on food everymonth. If u are willing to spend more then get BSN Syntha 6 whey protein OR Dymatize Elite Whey

Indian food has low protein anyway.

I will defo look out for quackers oatmeal, i can buy whey from my pocket money but i want to build my body for atleast 1st year naturally then i will think of trying whey btw one of my cousin bhaiya is coming in dec from US and i am thinking of asking him to bring whey protein for me from their as i have heard rates are almost half there(not sure though)

i am not a hardcore non-veg so it is made only once/twice in 2-3weeks but now i will ask my mother to make it regular atleast once a week and i think that will be very helpful

btw Rockfella ji! i saw this : StrongLifts 5×5 Beginner Strength Training Program | StrongLifts.com

i think this is exatly the program u referred to me :)

RKitect said:
I go to the gym which charges Rs 100 per month .:hap2:

I use the saved money for food, Whey protein. BTW i use On 100 % whey protein. But the next time il try BSN syntha 6. any idea how much for BSN Syntha 6 10 lbs pack ?

after having some experience and practical knowledge about exercises i will also think of moving to cheaper gyms in my area :hap2: (spending more on food which is more important)

There are better efficient ways of having meat, having it 2-3 times a week is not good enough as u need 115+gms PER DAY! What i do is i buy 2kg chicken breasts (skinless/boneless) Rs. 240 per kg. This is my quota for a week. I make it myself, simply boil (steaming is best) it and have it every 3-4 hours... ;) (whenever possible)

Quackers oats is very easy to find it is not something rare etc. Where are you located? It is Rs. 118 per kg.
Haan Ji mere bhai...

www.stronglifts.com is the site where i get most of the info from, it is one of best sites i have been through. The links u bookmarked were of the same site. Just follow it. Remember one thing: It is not a bodybuilding site, more than short term benefits it teaches u how to remain fit forever by changing our daily habits... eating natural food etc.

H_D said:
Last week when i chkd my weight on tuesday it was 53kgs and today i.e. moday i chkd and it was 53.7kg, 700gms increase ... 1st increase in weight after taking regularly 1scoop of protinex with 500ml milk after workout :D (i think the reason for weight inc is mainly that i am a beginner)
I will defo look out for quackers oatmeal, i can buy whey from my pocket money but i want to build my body for atleast 1st year naturally then i will think of trying whey btw one of my cousin bhaiya is coming in dec from US and i am thinking of asking him to bring whey protein for me from their as i have heard rates are almost half there(not sure though)
i am not a hardcore non-veg so it is made only once/twice in 2-3weeks but now i will ask my mother to make it regular atleast once a week and i think that will be very helpful
btw Rockfella ji! i saw this : StrongLifts 5×5 Beginner Strength Training Program | StrongLifts.com

i think this is exatly the program u referred to me :)

after having some experience and practical knowledge about exercises i will also think of moving to cheaper gyms in my area :hap2: (spending more on food which is more important)
U will see results with creatine, u will see great pumps with the famous NO-XPLODE, it gives temporary pump/ego boost? DO u have enough to recover from the heavy workouts? Enough protein intake to make ur muscles grow? Muscletech is KNOWN to have overhyped/overpriced products! It is your call, gud luck.:)

G33kgod said:
well my bro just tried NITRO-TECH hardcore .... its abt 2 weeks n i can see pretty good results :)

Rockfella said:
There are better efficient ways of having meat, having it 2-3 times a week is not good enough as u need 115+gms PER DAY! What i do is i buy 2kg chicken breasts (skinless/boneless) Rs. 240 per kg. This is my quota for a week. I make it myself, simply boil (steaming is best) it and have it every 3-4 hours... ;) (whenever possible)
Quackers oats is very easy to find it is not something rare etc. Where are you located? It is Rs. 118 per kg.
Haan Ji mere bhai...
www.stronglifts.com is the site where i get most of the info from, it is one of best sites i have been through. The links u bookmarked were of the same site. Just follow it. Remember one thing: It is not a bodybuilding site, more than short term benefits it teaches u how to remain fit forever by changing our daily habits... eating natural food etc.
that site is rlly good, i am gonna do lot of reading there :)

tha GOMAD programme is simply .... no words :cool2:

btw today somebody at gym asked me for best WEIGHT GAINER, i told him to think about whey protein but instead of it, he said he wants to know about BEST weight gainer available in Delhi so pls somebody recommend it so i can tell him 2mrw in gym or some thoughts you have regarding it (there is no price issue for him but it must be best in reults)

Weight gainers have lots of loaded extra carbs... if he is unable to utilize it he will become fat... this is exactly what happend with me when i was in college... i overate some shitty tara gold weight gainer and gained 10 kgs in 2 months, my six pack converted into a huge tyre! It is risky... he should rather stick with whey isolate! If money is no concern then ask him to get Syntha 6 FTW!
H_D said:
that site is rlly good, i am gonna do lot of reading there :)
tha GOMAD programme is simply .... no words :cool2:
btw today somebody at gym asked me for best WEIGHT GAINER, i told him to think about whey protein but instead of it, he said he wants to know about BEST weight gainer available in Delhi so pls somebody recommend it so i can tell him 2mrw in gym or some thoughts you have regarding it (there is no price issue for him but it must be best in reults)

most ppl dont like weight gainer cos they really are useless.

instead have oats+whey protein combo.

also,iso sensation is very popular among body builders.

weight gainers=carbs+protein

instead oats=complex+fibr carbs(slow release)energy+protein(muscle growth) is perfect post workout or throughout the day.

also take some multi-vitamins for optimum performance.

Rockfella said:
Haan Ji mere bhai...
U will see results with creatine, u will see great pumps with the famous NO-XPLODE, it gives temporary pump/ego boost? DO u have enough to recover from the heavy workouts? Enough protein intake to make ur muscles grow? Muscletech is KNOWN to have overhyped/overpriced products! It is your call, gud luck.:)

Are you kidding me ? your liver would soon fail with the amount of protein you are eating. Just eat regular food with egg whites from about 7-8 eggs.

There are no needs for protein shakes or anything.

U r kiddin me. 100gms chicken breast 30 gms protein (approx) One chicken breast weighs 150gms (average) so all in all i assume i get around 40gms per serving. i have it 3 times a day = 120 gms, 5 whole eggs = 20 gms = i am still running short bro! Eating 1.5gms+ protein per pound of BW over a long period of time might stress the liver but i don't have any proof nor i have read anything about it. (it might be true) but i know i am not eating enough.... 7 eggs will give 28 gms approx... thats nothing if u want to grow lol! I regularly have liv.52, triphala, multivitamins(not the expensive ones) Seven Seas Cod liver oil, vitamin C, HIMALAYA TAGARA twice daily. These are not medicnes... read about them in detail... specially TRIPHALA!
Amol said:
Are you kidding me ? your liver would soon fail with the amount of protein you are eating. Just eat regular food with egg whites from about 7-8 eggs.
There are no needs for protein shakes or anything.

That really works, but go slow on it... i injured my knees trying it... :ashamed: TABATA was originally designed for Olympic grade athletes!

Saiyan said:
^That method looks interesting, will try it out sometime.

Sucks, Looks like i have a damaged ACL (mostly cause of the knee injury i had last year march) :(. My knee was really good after undergoing knee strengthening exercises and after reducing around 25 kg. Even i was pushing really good weights during lower body exercise till two weeks back, heck i was even running at upto 15kmph last week. I went for a check with the a ortho after a slight pain in my knee. Did a MRI and found out that there is a damage in the ACl. Don't know how severe it is, have to check with the doctor this weekend. Have to hold off lower body exercise till then. bah.

Very noob question -

I need to loose atleast 1/3 of my body weight in fat. From what I have gathered Cardio is the way to start. Height 6ft Weight ~100Kg.

I would like if someone can guide me in getting an exercise cycle (budget 10k) , what brands , build quality etc.

Thank You.

How much were u back/front squatting? YGPM.

Saiyan said:
Sucks, Looks like i have a damaged ACL (mostly cause of the knee injury i had last year march) :(. My knee was really good after undergoing knee strengthening exercises and after reducing around 25 kg. Even i was pushing really good weights during lower body exercise till two weeks back, heck i was even running at upto 15kmph last week. I went for a check with the a ortho after a slight pain in my knee. Did a MRI and found out that there is a damage in the ACl. Don't know how severe it is, have to check with the doctor this weekend. Have to hold off lower body exercise till then. bah.

Investing in a 10k cycle to later use it as a cloth dryer is kinda stupidity. First get into a routine, see if can actually continue a regime for 3 months. Run outside in a park or so... no need to get embarrassed because of your weight!

bombaybaba said:
Very noob question -

I need to loose atleast 1/3 of my body weight in fat. From what I have gathered Cardio is the way to start. Height 6ft Weight ~100Kg.

I would like if someone can guide me in getting an exercise cycle (budget 10k) , what brands , build quality etc.

Thank You.

I have been to the gym and lost 15 kgs in one year , but now due to my study/work situation I can not take out any particular time for workout.

As for being embarassed well i am not , and i am not loosing the weight cause of embarassement but just to get healthier.

Any helpful comments ?

If u can't spare 45 mins 3 times a week stay the same way u r! :cool2:

bombaybaba said:
I have been to the gym and lost 15 kgs in one year , but now due to my study/work situation I can not take out any particular time for workout.

As for being embarassed well i am not , and i am not loosing the weight cause of embarassement but just to get healthier.

Any helpful comments ?

Referring to your link here read this again and calculate how much protein u r taking everyday?

More protein can lead to more body fat

The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for protein that the average person should get in their daily diet is .8 grams for every kilogram of body weight. Lemon’s research shows that exercisers need between .8 grams and 1.7 grams per kilogram of body weight. Some bodybuilders take in four or five times as much as the RDA—and, according to this research, totally unnecessarily.

There are many studies, a lot of fitness gurus agree to the 1gm per POUND OF BW protein needed daily.

BTW i like ur siggy.... "One life .... why so serious" :hap2:

Amol said:

Laters :) No elite shit u don't seem to have time.. whats the use? u work 24x7? study ALL THE TIME? How will u take out time?

bombaybaba said:
What an elitist attitude , and how unstable.:bleh:

Any real "positive" comments ?

Which fruits to prefer if i opt for "fruits dinner". Till few days back i was having watermelon at night but now as the season or i has gone i have to search for alternatives.

Any suggestions ?

Back