The Fitness Thread !

re: The Fitness Thread !

I can tell u by the baby experience i have in weight training that seeing ur weight plates increasing in squats and deadlifts gives immense sense of pride/satisfaction/ego boost! + Running is much easier without injuries/pain. With my shoulder injured i don't do bench press and OHP, still i easily maintain upper body mass (whatever little i have rofl!).... happens on its own :baby:

Rockfella said:
@ H_D... Any emotional outburst, initial feelings, thoughts about this programme???? Anything u wanna share?
Hello Sirji! :)

sir frankly speaking my trainer has ego problems and he thinks that he knows right, i am following him till this year only then i will be on my own way. he actually says that i dont have much fat/muscles so i can do two or more body parts exercise in a day and that will give me only more cuttings rather than mass (i have already taken printouts of your schedule and have them with myself) last week i was down with mild cough and was feeling low also so did light weights only.

but my conclusion is that i will follow your program as i know it will give me a good BULK with my proper dedication btw my body is very athletic type(i dont get fat/mass easily) and whatever i eat (more/less) it doesn't affect much i mean i dont get much increase in weight but this time i am patient and hoping that i will be ~62kgs by following your program and that will be an optimal required weight for me to get a fantastic body. i am still doing 6 days a week workout, six body parts on six different days :(

most ppl fail in building muscles cos they eat less..

eat more clean carbs and u will see the results immeadiately as u r workouts will be more powerful and also u will gain a lot of muscle and little bit of fat :(

but gaining muscles and losing fat simultaneously is impossible

:rofl: :no: :mad: This is the problem with most of the gyms..... i would've changed the gym next day! U are royally screwed till this year end! :hap2:

H_D said:
Hello Sirji! :)

sir frankly speaking my trainer has ego problems and he thinks that he knows right, i am following him till this year only then i will be on my own way. he actually says that i dont have much fat/muscles so i can do two or more body parts exercise in a day and that will give me only more cuttings rather than mass (i have already taken printouts of your schedule and have them with myself) last week i was down with mild cough and was feeling low also so did light weights only.

but my conclusion is that i will follow your program as i know it will give me a good BULK with my proper dedication btw my body is very athletic type(i dont get fat/mass easily) and whatever i eat (more/less) it doesn't affect much i mean i dont get much increase in weight but this time i am patient and hoping that i will be ~62kgs by following your program and that will be an optimal required weight for me to get a fantastic body. i am still doing 6 days a week workout, six body parts on six different days :(

Not impossible but a bit difficult... :(

paddydevil said:
most ppl fail in building muscles cos they eat less.. eat more clean carbs and u will see the results immeadiately as u r workouts will be more powerful and also u will gain a lot of muscle and little bit of fat :( but gaining muscles and losing fat simultaneously is impossible

Rockfella said:
:rofl: :no: :mad: This is the problem with most of the gyms..... i would've changed the gym next day! U are royally screwed till this year end! :hap2:
yea it's rlly bad :( i am paying 1300rs/pm and this is the best gym in my area because the crowd and ppl are good here otherwise i have 300 and 500 waale gyms too but my parents dont allow me to join those and i also dont want to join them :hap5:

if at the end of month i am not going to see an increment on ~1-2kgs weight :mad:then i will stop following him from the next day only :p

Some cheap gyms have very good basic barbells and power racks etc. To get into the habit of exercising regularly i paid annual membership fee in a good gym in my area. Once the membership gets over i will join a cheapo gym which has a powerack and is very near to my house. :) Well things are not that bad, just follow what your coach says, eat well, if u can lift 50kgs today and u lift 52 kgs after 15 days (in the major compound moves) consider ur efforts are paying off. Gud luck :)

H_D said:
yea it's rlly bad :( i am paying 1300rs/pm and this is the best gym in my area because the crowd and ppl are good here otherwise i have 300 and 500 waale gyms too but my parents dont allow me to join those and i also dont want to join them :hap5:

if at the end of month i am not going to see an increment on ~1-2kgs weight :mad:then i will stop following him from the next day only :p

@Rocking Rockfella,

Can you suggest some specific free hands ?? Cause I don't think I can get any time for gym. Besides, we went to the Physical Education dept (they have a good gym) of our university. But the HOD asked us to run and do some free hands for 2-3 months first.

P.S. - I don't want to grow huge muscle, but wanna be fit.

Your HOD is very intelligent, do what he said. Do freeweight Squats, push-ups, pull-ups, reverse crunches and prone bridges every third day.

Squats (hands clubbed behind ur head) 3 sets, as many reps as u can.

push-ups: 3 sets, as many reps u can maintaining good form.

Pull-ups: 3 sets, as many reps u can maintaining good form.

reverse crunches: 3 sets, as many reps u can maintaining good form.

Pronde bridges: 3 sets 30 secs each adding 5 secs everyworkout.

Tue/thurs/sat OR Mon/wed/friday

do reverse crunches on tusday then pronde bridges on thurs then reverse crucnhes on saturday, change cycle next week.

sabby said:
@Rocking Rockfella,

Can you suggest some specific free hands ?? Cause I don't think I can get any time for gym. Besides, we went to the Physical Education dept (they have a good gym) of our university. But the HOD asked us to run and do some free hands for 2-3 months first.

P.S. - I don't want to grow huge muscle, but wanna be fit.

Rockfella said:
Good progress! Now the shortcomings...

Ur core seems weak + U did not mention OHP PR (Overhead press personal record!) : CRITICAL!

Follow 5 x 5 as laid out…. No matter how strong u are doing bench press/bicep curls u are like a high end PC with a mediocre PSU and below average motherboard with a weak lower back and legs.

The details are given in previous posts of mine in this thread. Don’t change/modify/order of exercise, no need to work out 6 days a week! TRUST ME!

Do it for two months as laid out and as meticulously u can.... e.g. adding exact 2.5kg weight (TOTAL) EVERY WORKOUT and see difference! U'd be surprised working out lesser will give faster and "balanced" results. Don't worry about your arms. They will grow.

How do you know that? I haven't tried OHP until now and am sticking with bench, squats and deadlifts.

Squats are up to 65kgs now. Leg press is up to 170kgs now. Pushups is something I'm continually working at, even when I'm here. My target is to get to 50 non-stop by the end of the year.

For weights, I'm going with your idea of increasing the mass by a couple of lbs/kgs every session.

Because u did not mention OHP and abs work, include OHP, start with 20kgs, 5 sets 5 reps add 2.5kg every workout of the week also add reverse crunches/prone bridges :)

PS: Adding weight is not my idea, I don't have the expertise/experience/certification of giving workout schedules online, I just read a lot and post here along with my personnel experience. Few month ago I cud not imagine squatting with 30 kgs, coming tuesday I will clean and squat 50kg and I know I will be able to do it as yesterday 47.5kg seemed fine to me :baby: If I had been following my gym instructor doing 6 sets of 20,12,10,8,8 I would not have been able to lift so much weight (as per me) so fast. Despite the fact that I don’t bench/ohp due to shoulder injury I still get a decent workout doing squats/dls.

Yesterday: Squat 47.5 kg 5 x 5.

DLs: 90kg 5 reps.

gforce said:
How do you know that? I haven't tried OHP until now and am sticking with bench, squats and deadlifts.

Squats are up to 65kgs now. Leg press is up to 170kgs now. Pushups is something I'm continually working at, even when I'm here. My target is to get to 50 non-stop by the end of the year.

For weights, I'm going with your idea of increasing the mass by a couple of lbs/kgs every session.

Rockfella said:
Well things are not that bad, just follow what your coach says, eat well, if u can lift 50kgs today and u lift 52 kgs after 15 days (in the major compound moves) consider ur efforts are paying off. Gud luck :)
Thank you :)

i STARTED flat bench press with 2.5kgs on both sides and now i am able to do ~6 reps with 10kgs on each side. i am seeing an increase in my strength/power slowly but not much in bulk/weight.

from last week i also started taking 500ml milk (bhains ka dood hehe) x 3 times a day [breakfast: with 1 banana(mixed), after coming from gym: with 2 bananas(mixed)+1 scoop protinex+2 eggs and before sleep: with 2 scoop horlicks]

i have stopped playing and doing any cardio, can abs be done or they should also be left out (53kgs / 5'7") ?

Strength gain is good, try to have more protein & carbs. Buy Quacker's Oatmeal Rs. 118 for 1kg, have 2 huge scoops with milk after workout. U need 115+ gms of protein per day to get maximum results! See what one scoop of proteinex has... try chicken fish more eggs, i can't suggest u whey i believe u paying R. 1300 per month as fee, i'd rather join a Rs. 200 wala gym and spend Rs. 2000 on food everymonth. If u are willing to spend more then get BSN Syntha 6 whey protein OR Dymatize Elite Whey here:

http://lbnutrition.com/Catalog/nfoscomm/catalog/index.php?cPath=29

Indian food has low protein anyway.

H_D said:
Thank you :)

i STARTED flat bench press with 2.5kgs on both sides and now i am able to do ~6 reps with 10kgs on each side. i am seeing an increase in my strength/power slowly but not much in bulk/weight.

from last week i also started taking 500ml milk (bhains ka dood hehe) x 3 times a day [breakfast: with 1 banana(mixed), after coming from gym: with 2 bananas(mixed)+1 scoop protinex+2 eggs and before sleep: with 2 scoop horlicks]

i have stopped playing and doing any cardio, can abs be done or they should also be left out (53kgs / 5'7") ?

even i bought dymatize 10lbs whey cafe mocha flavour.

its cheaper than optimum and also the flavour is way better.

btw bhains ka doodh has 7gms of fat per 100gm and only3.5gms of protein.

so 1.5litres milk=105gms fat which is very high.

rockfella,where is this lbnutrition based cos i am getting dymatize for 5600 for 10lbs here locally in pune

U bought a good product, but never buy supplements because of its taste. A lot of friends of mine here in delhi (including some very good trainers @ the top notch gyms.. not the ones who don't know a single word of english) have had average results with Optimum Whey. It is VFM but there is more than just protein gms per scoop for a whey powder to be good. BSN Syntha 6 tops when it comes to whey proteins avl in India AFAIK. It is a “time released” protein also called am-pm protein…. So u have one scoop in the morning… ur body gets constant periodic supply of ultra fine easily digestible protein for like 8-12 hours (I don’t remember how much exactly)

If u do a very hard workout and have ON or some shitty whey like All the whey etc ur body will be sore the next day (if obviously the workout is hard enough) U have dymatize or specially Syntha 6 u won’t feel much soreness and will be ready to lift heavier the next day without soreness etc. Keyword here : “recovery”

The site has extra Rs. 400 shipping so keep that in mind. TE member Sushant Vashista has ordered numerous products from this site in the past without problems. He also got below average results using 10lbs optimum whey. Site is good.

Google "GOMAD" as far as milk is concerned!

paddydevil said:
even i bought dymatize 10lbs whey cafe mocha flavour.

its cheaper than optimum and also the flavour is way better.

btw bhains ka doodh has 7gms of fat per 100gm and only3.5gms of protein.

so 1.5litres milk=105gms fat which is very high.

rockfella,where is this lbnutrition based cos i am getting dymatize for 5600 for 10lbs here locally in pune

H_D said:

I go to the gym which charges Rs 100 per month .:hap2:

I use the saved money for food, Whey protein. BTW i use On 100 % whey protein. But the next time il try BSN syntha 6. any idea how much for BSN Syntha 6 10 lbs pack ?

That’s what I call smart work. Unfortunately Syntha 6 is expensive @ Rs. 2600 + Rs. 400 shipping = Rs. 3k for 2.9lbs. It does not come in 10lbs pack only 5lbs max and AFAIK the 5lbs one is still not avl in India, though u can call the site owner and check with him here:

BSN - Syntha-6â„¢ 2.91 lbs

BSN claims their shakes are ridiculously delicious, they really mean it, it is tastier than most of the ice-creams/shakes u'd ever had (though taste should not be a priority ... just letting u know)

Dymatize 10lbs is a good product also if u r low on cash :)

Dymatize - Elite Whey Protien 10 lbs

RKitect said:
I go to the gym which charges Rs 100 per month .:hap2:

I use the saved money for food, Whey protein. BTW i use On 100 % whey protein. But the next time il try BSN syntha 6. any idea how much for BSN Syntha 6 10 lbs pack ?

btw check out iso sensation

30gms protein in 32gms scoop.

costs 4.2k for 5lbs.

supposed to be the best protein isolate.

but it is costly,so didnt try it.

currently dont have any probs with dymatize.

anyways regarding taste,if u r getting same protein amount in a scoop then taste is what makes the difference.

How did u conclude that it is the best? I've never heard of it :S regarding taste ... it is just what i feel, there are various ways of adding taste to raw boiled food and blank tasting sugerless oatmeal = Rs. 17 vanilla essence and ur fav ready made masalas ;)

I don't keep taste as my top priority!

paddydevil said:
btw check out iso sensation

30gms protein in 32gms scoop.

costs 4.2k for 5lbs.

supposed to be the best protein isolate.

but it is costly,so didnt try it.

currently dont have any probs with dymatize.

anyways regarding taste,if u r getting same protein amount in a scoop then taste is what makes the difference.

^Hey, anyidea how good is the Gaspari's Myofusion ? So far i can it tastes really good :lol: Do you have any idea how it is compared to dymatize ? Planning to try dymatize next.

No idea though gaspari is also a respected one. U should try Syntha 6, u won't touch anything else! (For it's taste :lol: ;))

Saiyan said:
^Hey, anyidea how good is the Gaspari's Myofusion ? So far i can it tastes really good :lol: Do you have any idea how it is compared to dymatize ? Planning to try dymatize next.

Back