The Fitness Thread !

panther

Adept
Nov 17, 2007
re: The Fitness Thread !

G33kgod said:
hey guys !! just thought we should have a thread dedicated to bodybuilding :D: ..I know this combination of geek n bodybuilder is sometimes hard but on TE evrything is possible :eek:hyeah: .
just because i am creating this dont think i am a muscle hunk who works as a bouncer :cool2: lol.... i have just entered in the world of BB so I am a rookie :) ... so if there are ppl who r hardcore bodybuilders they r welcome to give there opinions etc . IN NUTSHELL lets share

~~ progress pics

~~ recipies (for bulking or cutting)

~~ workout routine n exercises

~~ suppliments etc ....

PS : if mods find this thread irrelevant then feel free to delete it ....
guys your inputs are welcome :hap2:

In case you believe, after seeing those bodybuilder like jay cutler, ronnie coleman on stage and if you further beleive what they like " it is hard work"
"it is through nutrition that i got these cuts" " i don't touch steriods" etc..

Crap they all take steriods and openly lie about it.

one has to take steriods to look like them...

Bodybuilding is the worst sport ever

speedyfreak

Disciple
Aug 3, 2009

Switch said:
I am amazed to see the horseshit being thrown around here.

Myths:
Don't lift heavy weights for getting definition. Absolute bull crap. Lift as heavy as you can. And then add some more weight to it.

Never touch oil & sugar. Again bull crap. A minimum amount of fat "is needed" in your daily diet. One should shift to healthy fats.

Also 1.5-2Hrs of intense workout is an overkill that too for 6 days a week. A high intensity workout of 45-60 minutes is more then enough to develop a healthy body. If one wants to look ripped then he has to work on his diet more then the workout. Always remember Diet is No.1, Rest all comes later.

Also somebody mentioned having king size breakfast and a light dinner. Its a good practice but you should be able to live with that for the rest of your life. It you are finding it tough then its better to spread your calories throughout the day in such a way that you can have a dinner which helps you sleep well. Remember its a lifestyle change.

U r right , But i said one who wants to reduce from belly to six pack with in 3 months ,

This is extreme diet for faster results in flat abs/ six pack

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore

I've been healthy since my birth. :p But I was never fat nor had tire-tummy. Even last year, I could walk 15-16km without a break. The problem is I gave up walking for the last 4 months due to time constraints and acquired almost 4-5kgs which yields 80+ certified weight. :p The main fat grew in three areas.

1. Thighs .. this is the most irritating as it feels very uneasy when my thighs rub each other.

2. Hip

3. last but not the least. the tummy. :D

So is there any process by which I can reduce the fats from the specified regions,especially from the thighs ? :(

Btw, I'm 5'11".

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai

If i dont get time to jog in morning, can i do stairs running. I stay in a 10 storey building. I can climb up and down a few times right ?
Would that do ?
Later i would also walk for like 25 min in morning for catching the train from a station different from mine.
Yes diet is important and will be taken care of...feast (but not going overboard) once a week fine ?

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Aug 19, 2005
Texel, the Netherlands
www.techenclave.com

^Even though morning walk is good, if you can walk any other time during the day it is good enough. During my weight loss phase i never went for a morning walk. I went for gym in the evening after an hour sleep :lol:. I ended up loosing 45 pounds this way.

Yeah you can feast once a week, start researching on what to eat and what not, then you'll get an idea and you'll be at ease.

Edit : @sabby, i think once you start walking again, you'll be back to normal. There is no spot reduction exercise, cardio is your key :)

speedyfreak

Disciple
Aug 3, 2009

Any one heard of this link

Workout Body, Workout Routine, Nutrition Information | BodyRock.tv

This is wonderful site which helped me lot in nutrients & workout , she is girl trainer but dont worry she won the GYM bOSS AWARD

Perfect fitness model , her nutrients tips is really helpful ! her videos daily update as 300 of videos of workout are there in YOUTUBE - Just type Suzana workout & subscribe it is lot helpful for one who wants fit !

vb86

Adept
May 20, 2008

i would recommend people to try the p90x program. its a 90 day program which is done at home with minimum equipment. the pack consists of a set of dvds and a manual. for those not willing to pay can easily download it.

it consists of cardio, yoga and a lot of other things. youtube p90x to see some results. its not for complete beginners though. you do need some minimum stamina to do this program.

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
Sep 24, 2005

Dark Star said:
I lost 15kgs in 4 months :p

Just did some rigorous Trade mil along with cycling and morning jogging :p

No wonder i don't lose weight. :(

Not rich enough to own a mill, so forget trading any- not fair. :no:

T110001

Disciple
Sep 4, 2009

@sabby

So you are a weight conscious geek.

Cut on beer and Start running. For 5'11", 80+ certificate is not a cause of worry.

I run 10kms 4days/week, i am 5'5" and never been over 50 kgs even after all the beer binge all thanks to my running habit.

Cycling is a mch better option, but its cumbersome.

G33kgod

Adept
Jun 10, 2009

T110001 said:
I run 10kms 4days/week, i am 5'5" and never been over 50 kgs even after all the beer binge all thanks to my running habit.

is it a typo ?? :S

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore

T110001 said:
@sabby
So you are a weight conscious geek.
Cut on beer and Start running. For 5'11", 80+ certificate is not a cause of worry.

Thanks .. btw, I don't drink, don't smoke. :p

I loved cycling and walking. And I used to run daily 4-5 kms. Heck, I walked from North to South Kolkata(~15-16km) in 2hrs 15mins on bet. :eek:hyeah:

But the problem is that I suffered from epididymitis and Doc warned me against cycling and running. :(

T110001

Disciple
Sep 4, 2009

sabby said:
Thanks .. btw, I don't drink, don't smoke. :p

I loved cycling and walking. And I used to run daily 4-5 kms. Heck, I walked from North to South Kolkata(~15-16km) in 2hrs 15mins on bet. :eek:hyeah:

But the problem is that I suffered from epididymitis and Doc warned me against cycling and running. :(

You just made me feel bad for multiple reasons.
i do 10km in less than an hour

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
Sep 24, 2005

Dark Star said:
I lost 15kgs in 4 months :p

Just did some rigorous Trade mil along with cycling and morning jogging :p

BIKeINSTEIN said:
No wonder i don't lose weight. :(

Not rich enough to own a mill, so forget trading any- not fair. :no:

sabby said:
@bikey

same here mate :(

did you take me seriously? :hap5:

I thought DS was saying that by trading mills (like textile mill, paper mill, ..) etc., we can lose weight.

Hence i said i can't afford to buy a mill yet, forget trading a few. :p

As far as a treadmill is concerned, i am too lazy to use one. :ashamed:

My friend bought one years back and it helps the clothes lose weight during monsoons, ... as they dry. :eek:hyeah:

Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
Mar 18, 2007
Gurgaon/NCR.
Nice thread.

Will post my hilarious pics later.

Guys who do isolation training/extensions and high rep should consider Build Muscle & Lose Fat Through Strength Training | StrongLifts.com. Very effective way to increase strength specially for beginners. We are beginners till we can't lift 5 reps of 5 sets 1.5 x our body weight.

For e.g: If i am 70kgs in order to be "advanced" i should be able to squat with 105 kg. Its no joke but the site claims its attainable within six months. The workouts mentioned make absolute sense to me TBH. Keeping in mind the shitty diet we have in india i will be go slow this time, not expecting miracles like they used to happen when i was 18-20 YO.

G33kgod said:
is it a typo ?? :S
50 kgs @ 5.5" height is very good.

malhotraraul said:
once upon a time, not so long ago, i used to have 4 pack, but now i have family pack
63kgs to 78kgs within 2 years
Since u r 29 now it will be more and more difficult to get rid of bodyfat as u get older so START NOW :hap2::)

T110001 said:
You just made me feel bad for multiple reasons.
i do 10km in less than an hour
That's impressive :)

SharekhaN

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006

SharekhaN said:
i weight about 105 kilos now and about 5'11". I have a thyroid problem, for which I am on medication. Now I need to do some exercises which boost my metabolism and help me shed some of that accumulated water weight.

I have started a 20 min cycling routine at home and walk for about 40 mins a day.

lets see what kind of results I see :)

Allright,

I have checked my weight today after this routine and adding a diet recommended by two-three people who have lost weight. Its nothing different, a heavy breakfast, followed by 2 chapatis for lunch and 2 chapatis for dinner with 1 tea in between lunch and dinner.

I have lost 4 kilos so far. That makes me happy. I was also prescribed Orlica 120 by my doctor today, which should supplement my weight loss. This works by preventing the absorption of fats from the human diet, thereby reducing caloric intake.

Lets see how it works out.

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Aug 19, 2005
Texel, the Netherlands
www.techenclave.com

SharekhaN said:
Allright,

I have checked my weight today after this routine and adding a diet recommended by two-three people who have lost weight. Its nothing different, a heavy breakfast, followed by 2 chapatis for lunch and 2 chapatis for dinner with 1 tea in between lunch and dinner.

I have lost 4 kilos so far. That makes me happy. I was also prescribed Orlica 120 by my doctor today, which should supplement my weight loss. This works by preventing the absorption of fats from the human diet, thereby reducing caloric intake.

Lets see how it works out.

With that diet of yours i afraid that you'll be loosing your muscles as well. Which is not at all a good thing.

Blocking the fat from being absorbed is also a bad thing, fats are required for absorbing the fat soluble vitamins and for a proper function of heart. I hope your doctor is justified by giving you that tablet.

Even my mom has thyroids and she was able to reduce decent amount of fat thanks to which she is a lot more active these days.