The Fitness Thread !

Nothing as Such. There was a whole study on the amount of proteins required and all this was found to be bull crap.
http://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

People need to first focus on the routine, rather than these things. Just follow one good routine and stick to it.
I remember Mehdi has released a report on prison guys, who were ripped and their prison food had barely 30-40 gm of proteins. The thing is they trained heavy, but their meals were high on calories.
The same holds true for construction workers.

However, you should keep in mind that most live a sedentary lifestyle and only workout in the gym. Hence, giving preference to proteins would help reduce the carbs, which is almost all of junk food.

Also, there is the "fat is unhealthy" myth. It is actually better than protein if you are on a super heavy lifting routine.

Last edited:
Nothing as Such. There was a whole study on the amount of proteins required and all this was found to be bull crap.
http://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

People need to first focus on the routine, rather than these things. Just follow one good routine and stick to it.
I remember Mehdi has released a report on prison guys, who were ripped and their prison food had barely 30-40 gm of proteins. The thing is they trained heavy, but their meals were high on calories.

:)
when i read about the 1g/pound of body-weight suggestion regarding protein-consumption earlier, i instantly recalled about some article i had gone through long back, which told & explained why and how is that advice of yesteryears a fallacy or a mistaken calculation. but i couldn't exactly recollect where had i read it. thanks for sharing this article! perhaps this is that same one!

Last edited:
Lots of cardio for fat/weight reduction, chest and shoulder/ whole body workouts for toning up the er..boobs :p

Thanxx for reply..
However my query is, at current stage, doing weight workout would help in flattening the chest or will it result in hard but curvy chest??

PS: I know that fact that you cant loose fat from target area, body looses in complete

The same holds true for construction workers.

However, you should keep in mind that most live a sedentary lifestyle and only workout in the gym. Hence, giving preference to proteins would help reduce the carbs, which is almost all of junk food.

Also, there is the "fat is unhealthy" myth. It is actually better than protein if you are on a super heavy lifting routine.
Yeah lot of people avoid fat like it is poison.
Thanxx for reply..
However my query is, at current stage, doing weight workout would help in flattening the chest or will it result in hard but curvy chest??

PS: I know that fact that you cant loose fat from target area, body looses in complete
Please dont go full Hulk with the cardio. :D
You would injure yourself. Happened to me. :(
Build up slowly. If possible try the Couch to 5k plan. That will prepare you to run 5k easily in 9 weeks.
http://www.c25k.com/
If you dont want to spend so much time, then you can try sprints, but if you have never sprinted in like past few years, again you got to go easy on this.
I would suggest Couch to 5k plan. It would prepare you well for running.

Yeah lot of people avoid fat like it is poison.

Please dont go full Hulk with the cardio. :D
You would injure yourself. Happened to me. :(
Build up slowly. If possible try the Couch to 5k plan. That will prepare you to run 5k easily in 9 weeks.

QFT
I am a big guy (100+kgs) and as soon as I get up to 5k jogs i tend screw up an ankle or knee.

Now I have split my jogging, 3k in the morning, 2k in the evening with some time on the elliptical thrown in. This conserves my joints while still allowing for a 1.1 hour of cardio daily, i also do some situps, pushups and some dumbbells.

I am meandering along at a loss of 0.2-0.5 kg loss per week (no strict diet, no weekend workouts). Which is fine for me, as I am in no hurry.

Planning to purchase one of those hand grippers for improving the grip.
Any special recommendations?

Saw one which had a meter attached to it. Any good those ones..?

Hi ,
Can anyone link me to a good 3 day/week (mon-wed-fri) full body workout to gain mass ?
I don't want to workout 2 body parts everyday and would like to workout only for 3 days/week.
So I prefer full body workouts which require compound movements.

Hi ,
Can anyone link me to a good 3 day/week (mon-wed-fri) full body workout to gain mass ?
I don't want to workout 2 body parts everyday and would like to workout only for 3 days/week.
So I prefer full body workouts which require compound movements.
Starting Strength Rippetoe 3x5 Workout

Or if you are above intermediate level, 5x5.

My Door pull up bar ripped off while doing leg raises. Not able to find a wall mounted pull up bar anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one in Bangalore or sourced elsewhere. It would be great if someone gives me a good design so that I could get it fabricated. Those available on the internet could cost me a lot more.

My Door pull up bar ripped off while doing leg raises. Not able to find a wall mounted pull up bar anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one in Bangalore or sourced elsewhere. It would be great if someone gives me a good design so that I could get it fabricated. Those available on the internet could cost me a lot more.
I use the one which fits between the doors. You can expand and contract it by screwing or un-screwing. That has lasted me for more than 6 months now.

So.. I want to give a update here. I just gave up on doing anything after my leg injury. Around 4 months back.... I reached around 118~119 :(. Too much.

Thought enough was enough. I started dieting. Very strict dieting. Lost weight dramatically in the start. Now gradual loss only. Around 98Kilos now. :)
When i was in US, I go for running around 20 minutes 4 days per week. Legs were fine, since i took a dose of Ibuprfen 800mg given by the doc. There is no fracture, took Xrays also.

After coming to India also started running, cycling, elliptical for around 30 minutes. Yesterday guess, a bit leg pain is there. But dunno if its pain or not. no issues in walking or jumping. Hope its not gonna stop my exercise.. Anyways will continue diet.

One question, I drink crazy amount of water. Like 3~4 liters a day. I read it maybe bad for my health. Is it true?

So.. I want to give a update here. I just gave up on doing anything after my leg injury. Around 4 months back.... I reached around 118~119 :(. Too much.

Thought enough was enough. I started dieting. Very strict dieting. Lost weight dramatically in the start. Now gradual loss only. Around 98Kilos now. :)
When i was in US, I go for running around 20 minutes 4 days per week. Legs were fine, since i took a dose of Ibuprfen 800mg given by the doc. There is no fracture, took Xrays also.

After coming to India also started running, cycling, elliptical for around 30 minutes. Yesterday guess, a bit leg pain is there. But dunno if its pain or not. no issues in walking or jumping. Hope its not gonna stop my exercise.. Anyways will continue diet.

One question, I drink crazy amount of water. Like 3~4 liters a day. I read it maybe bad for my health. Is it true?

may i please know what leg-injury?

also, its said that 'over-drinking' water may put undue pressure on the kidneys, but i can't tell for sure. you have a good 'thirst' for water i must say, just like my father!

Dec 2012, I twisted my ankle playing shuttle.

Thirst is a hard word. :). I just drink water so that i dont get hungry and to increase metabolism.

I too want some tips
I am on my gainer using 2 scoops after gym. And using creatine before workout 5mg.
It is giving me fat around my belly so I started doing cardio before workout and this thing too giving me a lot of pain below my knees.
And btw I too drink a lot of water 3-4 litrs is nothing.
I drink almost 9-10 ltrs a day sometimes more like from last 1 year:confused:

Dec 2012, I twisted my ankle playing shuttle.

Thirst is a hard word. :). I just drink water so that i dont get hungry and to increase metabolism.

i suspected that! i too recently rolled on my ankle, and landed up with a jones fracture!

What 9-10 ltrs? Are you sure about that? Unless you are on a super crazy diet plan with heavy calories, it seems very illogical to do such a thing.

I too want some tips
I am on my gainer using 2 scoops after gym. And using creatine before workout 5mg.
It is giving me fat around my belly so I started doing cardio before workout and this thing too giving me a lot of pain below my knees.

perhaps you could decrease the amount of creatine. many people do take less than that amount citing bloating-issues due to it.
also, if you are experiencing pain in the shins, try using shoes with better heels/arches.

And btw I too drink a lot of water 3-4 litrs is nothing.
I drink almost 9-10 ltrs a day sometimes more like from last 1 year:confused:

:)
may be you haven't measured the quantity. that would be stretching a bit far.

Back