The Fitness Thread !

Me too thinking of buying protein and creatine any suggestions guys??

There are so many brands now in the market, that it's perhaps easier to find a needle in a haystack, than choosing between brands!

Alright. exaggeration aside, one thing that can be safely said is, when after choosing a brand of supplements, you do find that it is working under practical conditions, stick to it, and avoid being adventurous (i don't remember it exactly, but there was a highly-discussed about, simple test done by an enthusiast, on various brands of supplements to test their claims and efficacy, and the result was that many of the brands did indeed fell flat short of their claims! you could search about it on the net; or i would post it here later if required)!

ON (Optimum Nutrition) and Ultimate Nutrition are 2 such brands, which you could stick to (and ON was tested to be effective in that test i wrote of above, IIRC). there indeed may be more, but these 2 names have registered their presence firmly on my mind since long.

yes, that is it! re-read it now. thanks for sharing it!

P.S. - about his mention of cacao-like chocolate-flavoured powders' debris/globules-formation in water, those indeed look wierd & funny!

Me too thinking of buying protein and creatine any suggestions guys??
Please, pay heed to everything else that was said about exercises and diet and concentrate on that.

Come to the supplements part only later; when you can do at least 1.2x Bench Press, 1.8x Deadlift and 1.5x Squat (1x = Body Weight). It is not a good idea to supplement your diet when the bases itself haven't been covered.

Ignore how much you weigh. Just concentrate on improving your strength.

Please, pay heed to everything else that was said about exercises and diet and concentrate on that.

Come to the supplements part only later; when you can do at least 1.2x Bench Press, 1.8x Deadlift and 1.5x Squat (1x = Body Weight). It is not a good idea to supplement your diet when the bases itself haven't been covered.

Ignore how much you weigh. Just concentrate on improving your strength.
I am only talking about protein as I dont have any protein diet.
Dont eat non veg..
Only milk :mad:

90kgs damn
Even my brother who is taking protein from last 2 years cant do that :confused:
There's your answer: protein isn't the solution; not initially at least.

Read up on "Starting Strength" program and get started with it. If you follow the program perfectly, I'm sure 90kg for 1 rep is doable in 6 months time.

Does anyone know healthy solution on soreness we get after beginning workout (for the first time, as a beginner)?
Contrast bath.

You cycle between hot and cold water in your bath. Not just once, but a few times; say 3 to 5 cycles. This relaxes the muscles and makes your soreness manageable.

The sports persons and professionals use an extreme version of this with ice water immersion and then immersing themselves in hot water. However, for our case, a simple hot and cold water bath would suffice.

And anything for those stretch marks...
These are all over my biceps and getting increased day by day :(
Apply Vitamin E cream over them and also take the multi-vit supplement. It won't make them completely go away, but it is the best and cheap solution I've found, apart from visiting a dermatologist and getting some costly plastic surgery treatment.

There are so many brands now in the market, that it's perhaps easier to find a needle in a haystack, than choosing between brands!

Alright. exaggeration aside, one thing that can be safely said is, when after choosing a brand of supplements, you do find that it is working under practical conditions, stick to it, and avoid being adventurous (i don't remember it exactly, but there was a highly-discussed about, simple test done by an enthusiast, on various brands of supplements to test their claims and efficacy, and the result was that many of the brands did indeed fell flat short of their claims! you could search about it on the net; or i would post it here later if required)!

ON (Optimum Nutrition) and Ultimate Nutrition are 2 such brands, which you could stick to (and ON was tested to be effective in that test i wrote of above, IIRC). there indeed may be more, but these 2 names have registered their presence firmly on my mind since long.

ON is extremely overpriced :|

ON is extremely overpriced :|

Yes, sadly. :(

A lesser expensive counterpart could be Coach's Formula, but i can't comment on it's efficacy. availability might also be a concern.

It has been a long time since i used any supplement(s). i now see that their prices have shot through the roof!

Perhaps, another good reason to depend more on whole foods!! ;)

Back