The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Some DIY stuff

Completed: Cable for Lappy to amp- Completed and the out is very good. I have to know the importance of the good quality cables after this even better
Dammages- Aprox-350

In progress: Laptop portable table to use on the bed.
Dammaged aprox-350

I am planning to get something like this

@thenvk don't you think buying one would have made more sense. We sell these at our store for almost 900 bucks. Too much time and effort to save that much money. If you doing it for the kicks then there isn't an issue but remember you won't be able to polish it like a professional.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Switch, there will be a lot more satisfaction in DIY than buying stuff.

But I am seriously disappointed with the quality of the ready made furniture in Hyderabad. That too when some one claims furniture as Teak. I recently had a very bad experience with my bed, hence don't even wanted to try. I gifted the similar one in white color ( Guess it rubber wood) to a kid as a study table which costed me 650/-.but its very fragile. Mine is very sturdy compared to that. For the polish, I don't even care for it :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Some DIY stuff

Completed: Cable for Lappy to amp- Completed and the out is very good. I have to know the importance of the good quality cables after this even better
Dammages- Aprox-350
just 350 including the rca jacks and 3.5mm phono?what make are those jacks?cost?where did you buy them?and what wire are you using?

just 350 including the rca jacks and 3.5mm phono?what make are those jacks?cost?where did you buy them?and what wire are you using?
They are purchased from dx.com, ( item 125201, 173741) costs about 60 bucks each pin landing in INDIA.So 3*60=180 and wire is 6 rs per meter ( These are available in my local electronic shop, decent quality). so 6*18=110rs. So total approx 300/- and I got the heat shrinks from a friend So A 5m cable cost me about 350 bucks.

I used a local available cable earlier. With this one, the amount of sound I used to get is increased by about 50%.

for 13.5k

20130320_132506aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

@thevnk 60rs is impressive.how is the plating quality?i did see it on DX before,but setteled for neutrik jacks,because they are snob quality and audiophile(some say...).I have a similar audio cable,only i use CAT6 wire.spent a day braiding them.

@thevnk 60rs is impressive.how is the plating quality?i did see it on DX before,but setteled for neutrik jacks,because they are snob quality and audiophile(some say...).I have a similar audio cable,only i use CAT6 wire.spent a day braiding them.
They are not plated, they are made of brass and are very stydy

PLEASE MAKE A HABIT OF POSTING DAMAGES . IT FEELS REALLY BAD ASKING AGAIN and AGAIN Please make a habit of posting damages. .It feels really bad asking again and again. One poor guy asking for damages . I SHALL NOT POST IN CAPS HENCEFORTH

Back