The DRINK Thread.

^^ Just had Malibu Coconut Rum yesterday. It smells and tastes too sweet. Do not feel like drinking alcohol at all, so couldn't like it.

I also had some last week. You're to mix it with pineapple juice to make pina coladas. But it's already has sugar that the mixing juice makes it sickeningly sweet.

BTW, I hope you had a new bottle. The bottle I purchased had an import date of November 2013, but the manufacturing date was in 2011 (you can only check manufacture date once you break the seal). As per Malibu guys, it's supposed to be consumed within 2 years from date of bottling.

I got a very new bottle of Malibu, manufactured first half of 2014. My selves and friends mixed it with pineapple, ice cubes, pepsi, etc. without much effect. It is only 20% alcohol, so not that strong too. May be for ladies it is good.

Any Islay fans here? I am a big fan of both lights - bunnahabhain and bruichladdich. I like the peatier ardbeg and lagavulin too but not as much.

Another non islay favorite is jim beam white.

Last edited:
The guy at the checkout counter asked "are you mixing it with something?"
Me: some one told me...
G@C: "You gotta mix it... if you want to go to work tomorrow, you gotta mix it..."
me after getting home, lets take few shots. what could go wrong? I used to drink old monk staight....
poured into a glass, smelled nice, something similar to old monk... for the first 2 seconds it was like cadbury silk chocolate without the sweetness. but after that I felt like someone polished my mouth with a sandpaper... Still contemplating on the second shot. will decide after some time. I think I became a man today.

btw, someone online described it as rocket fuel wrapped in silk. I totally agree. :)

btw, the Dimple is awesome... had few pegs straight yesterday. smooth and gives you wonderful feeling afterwards.
DSC_0209.JPG

So since a few months, we in Delhi have started getting a drink called 'Rim Zim' - a masala soda made by Coke.

To my fellow drunkards - get it NOW. :hungry::hungry: It goes great with Rum or Vodka.

I'm having beer withdrawal syndrome :D, I am seriously considering taking up homebrewing.
So since a few months, we in Delhi have started getting a drink called 'Rim Zim' - a masala soda made by Coke.

To my fellow drunkards - get it NOW. :hungry::hungry: It goes great with Rum or Vodka.

Masala coke is as old as time itself.

Best masala coke is at Chetty's corner, near Kumara park in Bangalore.

Stuff I need to try:

Masala coke + Capt. Morgan (Old monk might not play well with flavouring)

Guinness + Vanilla ice cream - The stout float

KalaKhatta + Rum/Vodka in gola form

:D

I'm having beer withdrawal syndrome :D, I am seriously considering taking up homebrewing.

Masala coke is as old as time itself.

Best masala coke is at Chetty's corner, near Kumara park in Bangalore.

Stuff I need to try:

Masala coke + Capt. Morgan (Old monk might not play well with flavouring)

Guinness + Vanilla ice cream - The stout float

KalaKhatta + Rum/Vodka in gola form

:D

I know, in fact I used to make my own masala soda with MDH chaat masala + rock salt (kaala namak?) + lemon. But now that it's available in a easily available form, my lazy ass is more than happy.

Have been seeing Rim Zim since 80s the Double 7 and Dukes were much much better

Any Islay fans here? I am a big fan of both lights - bunnahabhain and bruichladdich. I like the peatier ardbeg and lagavulin too but not as much.

Another non islay favorite is jim beam white.

Love my Lagavulins, very much so. Although my new favourite is most of the Bruichladdich line. Just finished this bad boy, up next is one of their peated Port Charlotte bottlings.

10326523_699372650121127_1725120272_n.jpg

Back