The DRINK Thread.

My drinking is usually very simple. I drink vodka (top shelf vodka as much as possible to avoid hangovers) with soda, ice and a slice of lemon. Easy to mix, refreshing taste. I'm not a connoisseur of any sort. However, if I'm at a good bar, I love drinking cocktails.

Sidenote - I accidentally found out about Absolut Vanilla + Diet Coke. I don't know if it's a common drink but I found it absolutely delicious... like a vanilla ice cream float which can get you shitfaced eventually.

Last edited:
Okay so a bottle of Jameson is like 2000/- , my personal favourite is Black Dog 12 though (in the same price range).

How would these two compare ?

any drinks to increase one's intellectual level? :D khushwant singh types!

my boss used to drink something every evening and would solve whole day's issues afterwards. he used to call me late at night with weird questions... never asked him what he used to consume but it sure did increase his IQ! :p

Sidenote - I accidentally found out about Absolut Vanilla + Diet Coke. I don't know if it's a common drink but I found it absolutely delicious... like a vanilla ice cream float which can get you shitfaced eventually.

Great idea - in case you want to get shitfaced at 1/3rd the price, try Captain Morgan's original spiced Rum. It has heavy vanilla flavors and goes great with coke.

I wish. Rum makes me feel funny :<
Well are you sure that only rum makes you feel funny.
ALL indian made liquor is ultimately rum only.
(Indian Made Foreign Liquor). (this includes all drinks less than Rs 1000-1500/bottle - or somewhere around that price)
So all the Vodkas, Whiskeys, Gins, Brandys and what nots that we come across are all made from molasses. Triple distilled into "white rum", so as to remove the top and base notes and then flavoring agents added and the stuff is supposedly aged.

The next on price range is blends = IMFL + foreign liquor like Black Dog, Teachers etc - nevertheless I am sure they would be using mainly the low cost "white rum" with very slight blend from foreign liquor.

The imported ones like single malts and blends like Johny Walker or similarly for brandy etc are the only ones that are true to their name = Whiskey made from barley malt, brandy from grape juice.

#####

Oh by the way, has anyone tried the traditional chinese rice "wine".
Goodness heavens. It has the obnoxious smell of over ripened jack fruit. Perhaps some may like it.

Also what is this weird practice of serving the beer by sloshing it down the glass in the entire Asia Pacific?
Why can't they server it like indian folks (by tipping the beer into the glass slowly to preserve all the fizz)

Last edited:
Well are you sure that only rum makes you feel funny.
ALL indian made liquor is ultimately rum only.
(Indian Made Foreign Liquor). (this includes all drinks less than Rs 1000-1500/bottle - or somewhere around that price)
So all the Vodkas, Whiskeys, Gins, Brandys and what nots that we come across are all made from molasses. Triple distilled into "white rum", so as to remove the top and base notes and then flavoring agents added and the stuff is supposedly aged.

The next on price range is blends = IMFL + foreign liquor like Black Dog, Teachers etc - nevertheless I am sure they would be using mainly the low cost "white rum" with very slight blend from foreign liquor.

The imported ones like single malts and blends like Johny Walker or similarly for brandy etc are the only ones that are true to their name = Whiskey made from barley malt, brandy from grape juice.

I drink quite a bit of vodka, including domestic brands like Eristoff when nothing else is available. Nothing happens. Not much of a whiskey drinker but I drink RC sometimes and it's alright. 2 or 3 drinks of Rum and I feel like puking. Not sure why.

Anyway, planning on heading to a bar in a few hours and spend the evening with White Russians and pretty girls :)

So I'm back from Germany, got back some coconut rum, wild plum liquor, egg liquor and Jaegermiester. will post a pic when I get back from office. :D

I loved the egg liquor though, even though it is primarily for dessert dressing. I glugged 100ml on the spot, so I think the coconut rum won't be an issue.

Back