The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

my fren is facing lots of probs.she says that the phone heats up very quickly and too much wen its kept for charge.so much that the wire of the charger has started melting.also the phone hangs frequently and need a restart.also while she talks the phone becomes extremely hot.i feel somethings not at all right with the phone.

Is there any samsung mobile tracker like application for this phone ??
Asking since unfortunately yesterday my roomie had his 5800 picked up, right from inside our house :O
I have a 5230 so i think i can put such an app in my phone.

ariendj said:
any links of where to get that from?

G@d of w@r said:
this one? http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?p=3012440#post3012440

how to flash these? can i flash it? any probs?

I'm using version 6 (v6) of the custom firmware available in THIS thread on my 5800 and it works like an absolute charm. No hiccups and lots of fancy stuff.

It barely takes 5 minutes to flash the phone to a new firmware yourself and I've probably flashed mine more than 50 times to try out different stuff. Let me know if anybody would like a simple to use guide to flashing firmware.

kolguy said:
tempted to install that update for my 5800, any ideas when its going to be officaly released in India ?

would prefer installing it without voiding my warranty ...
Actually, v40 has been available on some Indian product codes for ages. If it isn't available on yours, you can change the product code (takes <30 seconds), reboot the phone and update the firmware using official sources (OTA or via the computer).
Warranty is not voided in this case. Plus, you can revert back to the original product code at any time without any trouble while keeping your new firmware intact.

Try it out guys. Once you start flashing custom firmwares (CFWs), there's no looking back. The possibilities are endless.

folks,

I thought of buying this phone. But when i read in reviews, camera is not good. Is that so? I thought 3.2 MP should be good. Basically i liked all other features of this great phone. so suggest how is the camera.

I was told they are giving senheiser pmx-60 headphone along with phone. how is it? Also can we go for international warranty and extended warranty. Do it costs more?

pl suggest as early so i can buy in couple of days.

gforce said:
It barely takes 5 minutes to flash the phone to a new firmware yourself and I've probably flashed mine more than 50 times to try out different stuff. Let me know if anybody would like a simple to use guide to flashing firmware.

hey gforce it will b great if u post some guide..

cri_sss said:
folks,
I thought of buying this phone. But when i read in reviews, camera is not good. Is that so? I thought 3.2 MP should be good. Basically i liked all other features of this great phone. so suggest how is the camera.
I was told they are giving senheiser pmx-60 headphone along with phone. how is it? Also can we go for international warranty and extended warranty. Do it costs more?

Don't skip this phone for camera. I absolutely love the 5800's camera, the video cam is too good.. The still cam isn't bad either..

cri_sss said:
folks,

It's a great buy at its price. As far as the camera is concerned, I felt the video recording was better than still images [really strange]. And now with free Ovi Maps, it's all the more exciting.

gforce said:
I'm using version 6 (v6) of the custom firmware available in THIS thread on my 5800 and it works like an absolute charm. No hiccups and lots of fancy stuff.

I read that the camera has been 'modded' for better picture quality. Do you notice the difference? And would it be possible to post a before and after comparison?

For folks still stuck waiting for the v40 update to their phone, I've posted a super quick guide to changing the product code that'll allow you to download the latest official FW straight from Nokia.

Available here: http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/how-change-product-code-your-nokia-160973.html

For the rest who'd like to flash a custom firmware that has many benefits (pre-hacked ROM, custom effects, more RAM and space on C: etc etc), I'll post a guide later tonight.

gforce said:
For the rest who'd like to flash a custom firmware that has many benefits (pre-hacked ROM, custom effects, more RAM and space on C: etc etc), I'll post a guide later tonight.

please post some videos also. how changes look like. :hap5:

Anyone know where one can see a video / screenshots of what this cooked firmware looks like? I specifically want to see what the calendar is like.

got problems now wit call waiting

firmware update 40.

i am facing a problem with the Nokia 5800 XM, I have already activated the call waiting facility on the phone. Though this is active i still CANNOT put the FIRST call on HOLD and then ATTEND the SECOND call.

This was the same case even before the firmware update

Have you people faced the same troubles?

any sols?

All the Nokia 5800XM users and Lovers, Revisit this thread !!!

Hi guys. I need people here to post which third party softwares are they using on this phone so that I may try them out too. I am just loving this phone. I use:
1. Nimbuzz: I am always connected to gtalk, Yahoo, Skype. I use it all the time in the background
2. Faceboook applications: Really polished app.
3 Nokia Sports tracker: I actually bought a sports pouch so that I can use this application.
4.Youtube application
5 Brightlight application: I can use the flash of my phone as a torch in case of emergency. Really handy.
6. Skype: I have Nimbuzz to but somehow I get better voice quality and less lag on this application developed by skype people themselves. But i never run it in the background. it's a huge battery drainer.
7. Gmail application
8. Opera: c'mon, who can browse internet on his mobile phone without opera. It's a must have for everyone.
9. Google maps: ovi maps are good enough too. But what the heck, it's free and it's pretty good too.

What else great app can i use? Could be free or paid.

I have been using Ovi Maps with voice navigation, and they are ****ing good. I was earlier using Google maps, but they simply don't have the level of detail as compared to Ovi. The voice guide is a plus.

Back