The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Problem with myphone theme is unlock button

It has iPhone kind unlock style but after sometime u need to unlock from side only :( any ideas on it ?

The trial version has limited features...I dont know how long the time lasts.... May be full version has diff methods... $13..I ma thinking? Is it worth it? it kinda works on IMEI number of the intrument i guess

eBro

I just flashed My nokia... tryng all sorts of gimiks.. NO result on MYphone yet...trail..interest.. will go ahead in search of working one..

Keep me posted guys... Possibilities are mountains.. you will never get tired if net and 5800 goes together

eBRo

will try and let you guys know.Wish me luck

ebro

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Went all fine and smooth diff interface and fast..Just wondering how to get into menu..FW seems same or similar....open4all dont seem to work by rompatcher but the inbuilt file browser does more than enough...C6 uh...hmmmm

eBRo

I am using c6-11 from Upakul... Apart from minor bugs and battery drain issue all seems fine.. Good one though.. After operating system for Computer this is the only OS i hav installed and stayed happy

eBRo

Today when trying to charge my 5800, I noticed that the charger pin is not going all the way in and the phone is not charging. I think the corresponding connector in the phone is broken or bent. Phone was not dropped or anything so not sure how this happened.

Anyone faced this issue? What would be the cost of repair.

My phone is just out of warranty though in any case this kind of damage would not be covered I guess.

fractal said:
Today when trying to charge my 5800, I noticed that the charger pin is not going all the way in and the phone is not charging. I think the corresponding connector in the phone is broken or bent. Phone was not dropped or anything so not sure how this happened.

Anyone faced this issue? What would be the cost of repair.

My phone is just out of warranty though in any case this kind of damage would not be covered I guess.
Try looking inside using some torch etc and if everything seems correct on phone end, then try to use another charger and see if the pin goes fully inside, that way you can zero down whether the issue is with phone or charger pin.

^ Thanks for the info. Couple more questions. I wasn't aware of the battery drain issue, is it really bad? Also, does this do away with the confusing one tap somewhere, two taps elsewhere navigation?

Some firmwares really pissed me off with their considerable battery drainage. Its like 3-4 bars at night and morning...switched off. They recommend memory card format before installing their firmware or atleast delete some folders like sys/resources etc.

Multi-tapping feature still not available with these firmware though some firmwares do have tapping feature built-in for silencing calls and alarms, its pretty useless though :p.

Back