The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this ebay listing.. India ebay website
I strongly suggest you get the IMEI unlock. When you have an option of getting your phone permanently then why not go for it.
Then you have no tension whenever you update iOS versions.

I've managed to downgrade Baseband to 05.13.04 from 6.15, while preserving the Unlock.

Guess now we are on a higher plane to upgrade Version ?

I've managed to downgrade Baseband to 05.13.04 from 6.15, while preserving the Unlock.

How did u downgrade the baseband?
Is it possible to downgrade iPhone 4 BB 04.12.05 running on iOS 5.1.1
I'm just stuck using this phone as an iPod because there is no gevey or software unlock for this BB
is there any way to unlock this phone apart from IMEI unlock

Since yours is (probably) untethered jailbreak, is there a way you can enter in safe mode on your phone so that all JB extensions are disabled ? I am sure there is a way, search for it. So if you turn on your device in safemode. your SIM probably will not work as of now as unlock is dependent on ultrasn0w.
If that happens, i now say that next step is to buy the unlock from ebay.in or ebay.com
Then wait for the reply from seller after your unlock is processed. Once you get a go ahead, just double check your IMEI on those IMEI checker websites (beware they are not always true) and check on multiple such websites. If they too confirm it is unlocked (which would say locked for now), then connect your iPhone to PC iTunes and you should be getting the message that device is unlocked.
I would suggest connecting the device in safe mode or may be remove the ultran0w for some time and check it.

I would suggest getting the unlock first, confirm it works fine without ultrasn0w as in your phone is really factory unlocked and then only go to next iOS version.
Also suggest you get the unlock soon as Apple will anytime push 6.1.2 which **might** patch the jailbreak.

How did u downgrade the baseband?
Is it possible to downgrade iPhone 4 BB 04.12.05 running on iOS 5.1.1 IMEI unlock

I downgraded from iPads baseband which was earlier used to unlock. Will have to find out how it works on yours, the ways are different for each version & baseband.

Regarding the IMEI unlock, Raks would be able to guide you better....over to you Rak...

Since yours is (probably) untethered jailbreak, is there a way you can enter in safe mode on your phone so that all JB extensions are disabled ? I am sure there is a way, search for it. So if you turn on your device in safemode. your SIM probably will not work as of now as unlock is dependent on ultrasn0w.
If that happens, i now say that next step is to buy the unlock from ebay.in or ebay.com.

I will have to check with that. Safe mode is DFU ? If yes, while downgrading Basenband, I put it into DFU mode.

I just need a newer version on which most Apps like WhatsApp, etc. run smoothly, it does not necessarily have to be 6.1.

I downgraded from iPads baseband which was earlier used to unlock. Will have to find out how it works on yours, the ways are different for each version & baseband.

Regarding the IMEI unlock, Raks would be able to guide you better....over to you Rak...

I will have to check with that. Safe mode is DFU ? If yes, while downgrading Basenband, I put it into DFU mode.

I just need a newer version on which most Apps like WhatsApp, etc. run smoothly, it does not necessarily have to be 6.1.

Safe Mode is NOT DFU, it simply means starting your phone without any jailbreak extension taking effect, but cydia still being available. This is used only in cases where say you installed a new tweak and it caused something to mess up like phone would go in respring loop or something else breaking. In such cases you can restart phone in SAFE mode and remove the cydia tweak and restart again to get everything working as before.
Ok forget about the safe mode, this is what you have to do now. This is assuming you can remove Ultrasn0w and reinstall at will.

0. Check your IMEI# on various websites whether it is locked or unlocked (it would show locked for know). If you want me to check, PM me your IMEI.
1. Go to ebay and purchase the unlock and do check email after you buy the unlock. Mostly the seller will send a specific link or some info about how to give him your phone's IMEI#. Read the listing properly. If in doubt, ask seller.
2. Keep continue using your phone while the seller processes your unlock.
3. Say now you have received your email from seller that unlock is done.
4. Remove Ultrasn0w from your phone which probably will again lock your phone and it should show NO NETWORK or SEARCHING... Dont worry.
5. Check the IMEI# on the same websites and see what it shows. It should show UNLOCKED. Not all sites are updated frequently so don't worry if some site still says LOCKED.
6. Connect phone to iTunes and hopefully you will get Congrats...your iPhone is UNLOCKED message. Try syncing your phone if it does not come. In few instances the message might never come. Don't worry.
7. Check in your phone if network showing up. Try restarting and all usual stuff. You will most probably get network without you needing to reinstall Ultrasn0w.
8. Done enjoy as your phone is now factory unlocked.
9. Update iOS version to the latest one 6.1.1.

PS: Most sellers will have instructions for unlock and will need to restore the phone but remember this is NOT NEEDED. You do not need to restore for the unlock to take effect. I have unlocked 3 iphones in such a way and not once did i restore it.
Ensure you are within your WIFI network as phone might go through activation process probably with your current India SIM card. This is standard and the process will most probably be invisible.

Safe Mode is NOT DFU, it simply means starting your phone without any jailbreak extension taking effect, but cydia still being available. This is used only in cases where say you installed a new tweak and it caused something to mess up like phone would go in respring loop or something else breaking. In such cases you can restart phone in SAFE mode and remove the cydia tweak and restart again to get everything working as before.
Ok forget about the safe mode, this is what you have to do now. This is assuming you can remove Ultrasn0w and reinstall at will.

0. Check your IMEI# on various websites whether it is locked or unlocked (it would show locked for know). If you want me to check, PM me your IMEI.
1. Go to ebay and purchase the unlock and do check email after you buy the unlock. Mostly the seller will send a specific link or some info about how to give him your phone's IMEI#. Read the listing properly. If in doubt, ask seller.
2. Keep continue using your phone while the seller processes your unlock.
3. Say now you have received your email from seller that unlock is done.
4. Remove Ultrasn0w from your phone which probably will again lock your phone and it should show NO NETWORK or SEARCHING... Dont worry.
5. Check the IMEI# on the same websites and see what it shows. It should show UNLOCKED. Not all sites are updated frequently so don't worry if some site still says LOCKED.
6. Connect phone to iTunes and hopefully you will get Congrats...your iPhone is UNLOCKED message. Try syncing your phone if it does not come. In few instances the message might never come. Don't worry.
7. Check in your phone if network showing up. Try restarting and all usual stuff. You will most probably get network without you needing to reinstall Ultrasn0w.
8. Done enjoy as your phone is now factory unlocked.
9. Update iOS version to the latest one 6.1.1.

PS: Most sellers will have instructions for unlock and will need to restore the phone but remember this is NOT NEEDED. You do not need to restore for the unlock to take effect. I have unlocked 3 iphones in such a way and not once did i restore it.
Ensure you are within your WIFI network as phone might go through activation process probably with your current India SIM card. This is standard and the process will most probably be invisible.

Have you used any of this unlocking service before on a iPhone 4??
how do I confirm to which carrier the phone is locked to, on every web site I check they are charging some amount for checking the carrier.

Have you used any of this unlocking service before on a iPhone 4??
how do I confirm to which carrier the phone is locked to, on every web site I check they are charging some amount for checking the carrier.

Yes i have used the unlocking services on 3 iPhones, 3GS,4,4S and it works as expected.
Also where did you get your phone from ? If US then mostly it is a AT&T model.
But i do not have a definitive way to know that.

Search for att iPhone unlock by unlock fusion on eBay, in the listings description you can enter the Imei and verify if its AT&T

any good to track lost iphone? which works well in india

Default find my iPhone feature should work fine and moreover i guess tracking features on most smartphones rely on internet access.
If you phone is jailbroken, then i suggest you spend 2.5$ and get the iCaughtu pro tweak installed and setup a passcode for your phone to unlock.

This tweak will display a message when someone enters a wrong passcode (even you), you can set minimum number of attempts before the message comes.
At the same time you can configure it to take a picture from the front facing camera and save in your phone's camera roll and also email the picture to your email id. Even if your internet is turned off, it will turn it ON by itself and send the mail. And since the phone cannot be unlocked because of passcode, the internet will remain On so you can track on find my iPhone.
Also you can configure so that no one can shut down the phone when it is locked.
It also has SIM Changed config where it send some message to predefined number when a SIM is changed.

I have this setup in my phone but i hope i never get to use it. :)

Default find my iPhone feature should work fine and moreover i guess tracking features on most smartphones rely on internet access.
If you phone is jailbroken, then i suggest you spend 2.5$ and get the iCaughtu pro tweak installed and setup a passcode for your phone to unlock.

This tweak will display a message when someone enters a wrong passcode (even you), you can set minimum number of attempts before the message comes.
At the same time you can configure it to take a picture from the front facing camera and save in your phone's camera roll and also email the picture to your email id. Even if your internet is turned off, it will turn it ON by itself and send the mail. And since the phone cannot be unlocked because of passcode, the internet will remain On so you can track on find my iPhone.
Also you can configure so that no one can shut down the phone when it is locked.
It also has SIM Changed config where it send some message to predefined number when a SIM is changed.

I have this setup in my phone but i hope i never get to use it. :)

Unless you press Home+Power and make a hardware call, it works perfectly.
Powerguard works well enough., though it just adds a alphanumeric password to switch off the phone which is near unbeatable.
Can't beat taking the pic of the damn thief though

Yes i have used the unlocking services on 3 iPhones, 3GS,4,4S and it works as expected.
Also where did you get your phone from ? If US then mostly it is a AT&T model.
But i do not have a definitive way to know that.

This was purchased locally by a friend, he was informed that this is an Australian factory unlocked phone.
When he bought the phone it was just jailbreaked & he was using it without a gevey sim, not sure on what BB it was running might be 01.59.00
he was thinking that it was a factory unlocked phone
one day the phone didn't bootup, so he restored it to iOS 6.0.1 & Bamm!! phone locked

BB got updated to 04.12.05 & its just laying as an iPod

don't know what to do with this.
do you know any good reasonable seller who can IMEI unlock this phone

@hot zubs

Probably your friend had a jailbroken phone with baseband 1.59.00 which was software unlockable via Ultrasn0w.
Since now the phone is locked again, check what Australian provider it is and check ebay.com, ebay.in and even ebay australia to see what the prices of unlock are for that particular provider.
But let me warn you, it is not going to be cheap like AT&T unlocks.

Guys what's the name of the cydia app which turns 4:3 apps into 16:9?

You mean the apps become 16:9 ? :unsure:
Or you mean that you have iPhone 5 and apps not updated for iPhone 5 are showing in iPhone 4/4S resolution, letterboxed mode ?
If latter, then it is FullForce i believe.

Has anyone had success in running XBMC on their iPod, iPad or iPhone having iOS 5.1.1 ?
I downloaded it from its proper repo and it is version 12.0.0 and I installed on my iPhone and iPad but all I get it blank black screen when I start the XBMC.
What am I doing wrong ?

Guys i tried installing some hd theme on my jailbroken iphone 4 in the evening and the install took a loooong tome and finally the device rebooted by itself. The phone looked like it was frozen on the boot apple logo screen so I force rebooted it pressing power and home button. But the same problem is there...the phone just doesnt go p[ast the bootlogo screen. I tried connecting to PC and itunes is able to detect the phone. What have I done to the phone? How do I get it back to normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back