The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone suggest me from where I can buy screen guard pack of either 3 or more screen guards ? The last screen guard I applied went bad due to usage and mainly in the bottom right screen space because of constant finger movement on that area.
I got a new screen guard (only front) applied from a shop for 100 Rs (which I think is costly).
So can anyone suggest some good eBay listing or any website where I can buy screen guard pack so I can apply a new one when the current one goes bad.
Are there any good quality screen guard which can resist scratches on the guard as well ? Probably I am asking for more ?

Try Hong Kong Ebay for some cheap ones.

Can anyone suggest me from where I can buy screen guard pack of either 3 or more screen guards ? The last screen guard I applied went bad due to usage and mainly in the bottom right screen space because of constant finger movement on that area.
I got a new screen guard (only front) applied from a shop for 100 Rs (which I think is costly).
So can anyone suggest some good eBay listing or any website where I can buy screen guard pack so I can apply a new one when the current one goes bad.
Are there any good quality screen guard which can resist scratches on the guard as well ? Probably I am asking for more ?

dx.com has a lot of options and pretty cheap too. It would take a while to get to India though if you use the free shipping option.

- - - Updated - - -

Using Rokbed cover, no screenguard. It's almost 2 months and no back scratches. Thanks to god :D

Thats quite a thick case. I was thinking something on the lines of Switcheasy Tones

Bumping Vince query as i too want a similar case for iPhone 4S.

Btw one youtube video i got about this case...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zODoaxYLgOo

dx.com has a lot of options and pretty cheap too. It would take a while to get to India though if you use the free shipping option.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats quite a thick case. I was thinking something on the lines of Switcheasy Tones

Nope its not..check out my sale thread for iPhone 4S pics. I was using the same for my 4S too and the best part, I can easily mount the phone in my car. No need to buy separate car holder.

Check the video for the case details http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature&v=Rr6tE8_TOT0
For the durability check this drop test, they used truck, car, bike etc lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSiKkaKmhTk

@Mjum: thanks for the headsup on dx.com
shortlisted these two models as they have higher mAh and lower price
Rechargeable 1900mAh External Power Battery Back Case for iPhone 4 / 4S - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Compact 2200mAh External Emergency Power Battery Back Case for iPhone 4 - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Will most probably order the second one soon after doing a little more research

The 2 cases you have mentioned, i was also interested until i saw a youtube video (link above) which shows that there is no border protection of any kind which i kind of don't like. If you get of the cases, do let us know how it fares.

^^Ah damn.. on looking at the video i realised it doesnt have the raised edge protection as with normal cases. :(

^^Ah damn.. on looking at the video i realised it doesnt have the raised edge protection as with normal cases. :(

Yes that's what i want. Hence i am not really going for any of these cases.

I'm sure there would be more options. Its got a big collection. I get bored while searching there.

Only mophie seems to have that. saw it in a youtube vid.
mophie iphone - Free Shipping - DX
$23.5

It probably is. But reviews are genuine, in case they are there. I generally rely on them.
Uptil now I have ordered mostly screen protectors(tons), cables and chargers + some random stuff. Site is very reliable.

vercetti: Your iTunes usually makes a backup. I think you could try restoring from a backup by clicking on Preferences and seeing the backups stored.

Changing topic: Am looking for an el cheapo charger case. Any recommendations? Found these off ebay
Portable External Power Pack Extra Battery Case iPhone 4 4G 4S (2100mAh) Black | eBay

Apple iPhone 4 / 4G External Battery Cover - 1900mah Backup Charging Case (--) | eBay
(dont like this one as the charging is done by mini-usb)

External 1900mAh Emergency Battery Back Case for iPhone 4 / 4S - black | eBay

It probably is. But reviews are genuine, in case they are there. I generally rely on them.
Uptil now I have ordered mostly screen protectors(tons), cables and chargers + some random stuff. Site is very reliable.

Mophie retails for 70$ or so and there are definitely many fakes floating around. In most probability this too is a fake. You can ask the customer service. They usually do not lie if it is fake, they will tell you it is fake.

This is the way few of my contacts look in iPhone because of the number of spam calls i receive. There are like 12 numbers per contact x 5 contact = 60 spam numbers and as more come i add them to existing contacts or make new contact when necessary

xfchs6.png

I have not yet signed up for DND but as a stop gap method i have now started using the jailbreak tweak iBlacklist and i have configured it to pickup and hangup the phone immediately. Today i received 3 such calls from known spam numbers and i never got to know about them. I just now saw my call history and iBlacklist indeed worked as expected. :) Happy with this tweak. Just recommending if anyone wants to try.

33z2oeu.png

Guys I have a query here, my 3GS is running on Version 4.1(8B117) & Firmware/Baseband 06.15.00. The phone is already on Unlock & JB.

Now certain Apps(WhattsApp for one) do not run on this because of the older platforms, now I want to upgrade to newer Versions.

How should I go about it ?

@teche

Is your unlock dependent on the baseband and Ultrasn0w ? If yes then you need to be very careful as while you update to next iOS version 6.1.1, the baseband will also be updated thus locking your phone again.
If the unlock is because of Ultrasn0w, then i suggest you get it properly unlocked (IMEI) and then update your phone's iOS to 6.1.1 or whatever latest is and then jailbreak again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the Unlock is dependent on Baseband.

How & where to get Unlocked IMEI ?

If not 6.1.1, I can do with older Versions of 5 or 6.

Yes the Unlock is dependent on Baseband.

How & where to get Unlocked IMEI ?

If not 6.1.1, I can do with older Versions of 5 or 6.

I am pretty sure you cannot get to iOS 5 anymore.
You can search ebay.in or ebay.com for IMEI unlocks. One i suggest is unlock fusion seller on ebay.com but i think there are ebay.in sellers also. Should cost under 5$

OMG! That's sad.

What if I downgrade the Baseband & then proceed ?

Check this ebay listing.. India ebay website

At&t iPhone 3GS 4 4s & iphone5 factory unlock worldwide (any version / baseband) | eBay

I strongly suggest you get the IMEI unlock. When you have an option of getting your phone permanently then why not go for it.
Then you have no tension whenever you update iOS versions.

Only for AT&T phone and i suspect yours will be AT&T only.

PS: I am in no way related to that particular listing.

Except Mewseek, is there any other cydia tweak to search and download songs (especially Hindi) and also import them to iPhone's default music player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back