The 2014 Black Friday Thread

So I got a 50" and 55" TV from bestbuy last Thursday. Is it possible to bring to India? Customs folks I can take care of. How much duty(It was like 30% or so the last time I bought in 2013)? Baggage issues? Heard some size of package issues are there now.

So I got a 50" and 55" TV from bestbuy last Thursday. Is it possible to bring to India? Customs folks I can take care of. How much duty? Baggage issues? Heard some size of package issues are there now.

Would it be worth the extra baggage fees?

Well I got 2 TV's. 50 for 199 and the 55 for 480.

I plan to put this as a second bag. So around 75 to 135 USD depending on carrier. Then the 30% duty. Guess around 15k in INR. So around 700 or 750USD for a 55 inch smart LED is not worth it now? :(. If so I will return it. This calc is for the 55 inch TV. the 50inch I am not a fan.

Got the coupon for moto x . JUST need to finalize which forwarder to use. I here HSG is giving 15$ discount for new account. Wat say?

As Oneplus One has officially launched in india, i think it would make sense to go with that phone as it is a lot better than Moto X 2014 in almost every aspect... Plus you would get local warranty with one plus one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back