The 2014 Black Friday Thread

Calm down man. Its just a suggestion.

I already thought of that also. JUST have issue of invites. I have till dec 15

If i get an invite then will consider it.

I know its a suggestion and I am very calm :p

I will take the company seriously when they take out the invite system.

^^
480 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro - $204
Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250 Ohm - $131 (Including Mail-in rebate)
Fiio E11k Amp - $60
5TB Seagate External HDD - $140
128GB PNY Pen Drive - $35
Dual Bay HDD dock - $40
Lords of the Fallen PC game - $30 (steam sale)

Including the Gigabyte GTX980 G1 which was purchased prior to Black Friday, My wallet is lighter by somewhere close to 80k.

^^
Fiio E11k Amp - $60
Dual Bay HDD dock - $40

Including the Gigabyte GTX980 G1 which was purchased prior to Black Friday, My wallet is lighter by somewhere close to 80k.

Awesome deals you got there! Wish I knew how to import things or had somebody in the US to get them for me. :(

^^
Fiio E11k Amp - $60
Dual Bay HDD dock - $40

Woot :p

Thats quite a shopping you have done :)

==================================

Just had a word with Sandisk Customer Support Executive to confirm whether Sandisk honors warranty in india or not for a product purchased abroad.

Chat Transcript (Sandisk)

I edited it a bit to remove my name

Jay S.: Hello, thank you for contacting SanDisk. My name is Jay S.. Please give me a moment while I look into your question.
Me: Hi jay s
Jay S.: Please be online while I transfer the chat to the SSD department.
Me: Ok
Kenneth K.: Hello, thank you for contacting SanDisk. My name is Kenneth K.. Please give me a moment while I look into your question.
Jay S. has left the chat.
Me: Hi kenneth
Kenneth K.: Hello (My Name).
Kenneth K.: I understand your issue and will be more than glad to assist you with it.
Me: Does sandisk honor warranty in india for an international purchase?
Kenneth K.: Please note that we provide global warranty on our products.
Kenneth K.: However, if you want warranty in India then you would have to contact SanDisk India Support directly.
Kenneth K.: They are available from 10:30AM – 7:30PM (M-Sat) local India time.

You can contact them in English and Hindi via the following:
- telephone: 1800-102-2055
- by email through the following link: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/
Kenneth K.: They are closed now so you might want to contact them tomorrow.
Me: So i wouldnt face problem in claming warranty in india if god forbids something happens to the thing i have purchased from usa this blackfriday?
Kenneth K.: No, you should not face any issues claiming the warranty.
Kenneth K.: As said before we provide Global Warranty on our products.
Me: Thank you so.much... If in case they deny honoring warranty can i contact anybody in the US through whom i can get aprroval for warranty claim?
Kenneth K.: They won't deny the warranty.
Me: I seriously think they cannot go against sandisk
Kenneth K.: Please note that we as much RMA's in India as we do in US.
Kenneth K.: Warranty support is not at all a problem in India.
Kenneth K.: Plus we provide both live and offline tech support in India.
Kenneth K.: You can always contact a live person over the call at the toll free number.
Me: Thats great, thank you so much...
Kenneth K.: You're welcome.
Kenneth K.: Is there anything else I may assist you with, (My Name)?
Me: Nope... You made my day by confirming that sandisk honors warranty for an international
Me: Purchase
Kenneth K.: We'll send you the incident number that you can use to reference this chat, and also, the chat transcript in a follow-up email. Thank you.
Kenneth K.: Thank you for contacting SanDisk, and you have a great day, (My Name).
Me: You have a great day ahead :)
Kenneth K. has disconnected.

Last edited:
^^ yeah, I did get a lot of stuff this time around from the black friday sales. :p
I also wanted to get a Mini PC bare bones, but it was becoming a bit much for my sis and there is the risk of customs duties.

My past black friday spends were only a couple, but I still managed to pick some good deals. I got a Sennheiser HD480 for $60 which was selling full price of close to $100 in US and over 9k in India at the time. In another year, I got a Kinect sensor for $59 with a bundled game.

Regarding the Sandisk chat, I think its highly probable that the guy you chatted with is sitting in some call centre in India itself. :D

Regarding the Sandisk chat, I think its highly probable that the guy you chatted with is sitting in some call centre in India itself. :D
You are probably right... But whatever he said if it turns out to be true then it would be a huge relief for the ppl who bought extreme pro ssd (which comes with 10 yrs warranty) :)

You are probably right... But whatever he said if it turns out to be true then it would be a huge relief for the ppl who bought extreme pro ssd (which comes with 10 yrs warranty) :)
Same was told to me by Seagate customer support and had an email to show for it.

Blatantly refused rma right now.

Be careful.

Last edited:
My experience with SanDisk - India - was delightful. No questions asked replacement of an el cheapo pen drive. What I liked was they do not assume that you are trying to rip them off, which is quite welcome.

Dame was told to me by Seagate customer support and had an email to show for it.

Blatantly refused rma right now.

Be careful.

I completely agree with you.

Seagate and WD have become money w**re... They used thailand floods as a reason to increase prices of hdds and didnt bring the price down yet of the hdds, its been almost 2 to 3 years when floods had hit thailand... Not only did they increase the price of the hdds, they also didnt even think twice before reducing the warranty of hdds from 5 to 3 years (and now i guess its either 2 or 1 year if i am not wrong). Every company operates differently so there is a possibility that whatever Customer Care Execitive told me, could turn out to be true. :)

I was looking at the import fees on amazon.com but they did not mention anything specifically for watches.

Has anybody bought a watch from Amazon and imported it to India?

I was looking at the import fees on amazon.com but they did not mention anything specifically for watches.

Has anybody bought a watch from Amazon and imported it to India?

Yes, i had bought G-Shock GW2310 from amazon last year for $82... They had delivered the watch in safe and sound condition... The only bad thing that i would like to mention is that i had ended up paying a lot of custom duty as compared to the custom duty i had paid for importing computer parts... I think custom duty is somewhere around 25% for watches. Dont worry you wouldnt end up paying anything extra than what amazon would be pre charging you :)

Last edited:
Yes, i had bought G-Shock GW2310 from amazon last year for $82... They had delivered the watch in safe and sound condition... The only bad thing that i would like to mention is that i had ended up paying a lot of custom duty as compared to the custom duty i had paid for importing computer parts... I think custom duty is somewhere around 25% for watches. Dont worry you wouldnt end up paying anything extra than what amazon would be pre charging you :)
I was looking at the Timex Weekender. It is around 25$ only. [emoji15]

Back