The 2013 Black Friday thread

Guys yesterday i was on amazon website and the Samsung 840 Evo 256GB SSD was there in the cart, i was just checking that how much the total price would be in INR including everything for instance custom duty + shipping charges etc etc. Bymistakenly i had clicked on the "place order in INR" button and the order had got placed and amount Rs.11200 to be precise got deducted from my citibank savings account as citi debit card was selected in payment method. once this had happened i quickly called my bank's customer service rep and explained him the issue. He told me that there is nothing that he or the bank could do as the money has got deducted, he told me to contact amazon i did that using their chat service after explaining the situation to the amazon rep she cancelled the order then and there and i asked her that in which form i would get the refund, the amount would get deposited into my savings account or i would get an amazon gift card? she replied "You haven't been charged for it, but an authorization may be visible on your account. This should be removed shortly depending on the procedures of your bank."

Please help guys what should i do now?

Your help would be highly appreciated..

@ Sei
@raksrules
@prateekS
@chetansha
@vercetti

Last edited:
Guys yesterday i was on amazon website and the Samsung 840 Evo 256GB SSD was there in the cart, i was just checking that how much the total price would be in INR including everything for instance custom duty + shipping charges etc etc. Bymistakenly i had clicked on the "place order in INR" button and the order had got placed and amount Rs.11200 to be precise got deducted from my citibank savings account as citi debit card was selected in payment method. once this had happened i quickly called my bank's customer service rep and explained him the issue. He told me that there is nothing that he or the bank could do as the money has got deducted, he told me to contact amazon i did that using their chat service after explaining the situation to the amazon rep she cancelled the order then and there and i asked her that in which form i would get the refund, the amount would get deposited into my savings account or i would get an amazon gift card? she replied "You haven't been charged for it, but an authorization may be visible on your account. This should be removed shortly depending on the procedures of your bank."

@ Sei
@raksrules
@prateekS
@chetansha
@vercetti

You cancelled the order rite then your should be golden

@ Sei
@raksrules
@prateekS
@chetansha
@vercetti

thats all that needed to be done...i think you might have received a confirmatiom email regarding same..

thanks for replying guys... So even in case of debit card payment the refund amount would get credited into my account? i am asking this coz they dont have my banking information...

thanks for replying guys... So even in case of debit card payment the refund amount would get credited into my account? i am asking this coz they dont have my banking information...
How do you think Debit Cards work? Magic?

How are u gonna get it to india?

Wow everything in that store is overpriced or at mrp.. But antivirus is selling for cheap there.

Last edited:
$250 with tax = ~15k. More than worth it. For my mom. She hasn't owned a proper laptop till now and doesn't really need a proper laptop. iPad 1 is too limited. Surface seems to be the best intermediate device to decide whether she needs a full blown laptop.

The touch cover alone is worth $80.. minus tax.
Was also interested in it but reviews say thats to way too slow even for light use.Though cant argue much at that price.

Ipad air 50$ off on 16GB at staples.

I purchased stuff from ishop and they said , website is not accepting payment :mad: They have escalated issue to NY office :mad:

now the payments are going thru.
I made an payment to them last nite for purchase of boston speakers. Amt was debited in my account, but ebs said payment failed. Today morning i got an email, payment recd success. -- but the speakers are not on sale any more.
gonna be a headache getting refund from them

Back