The 2013 Black Friday thread

As per - http://www.cybex.in/indian-custom-duty/Hard-Disc-Drives-Duty-Calculator-84717020.aspx

it should be 1k
On Phone : The guy doesnt have a clue . He is telling cos we are shipping to India, shipping charges apply.

Online chat -
John:Whenever the actual import fee deposit collected is less than we estimated, we'll issue a refund for the difference.
We'll send you an e-mail once the refund goes through. Keep in mind that the process takes 60 days from the shipment date.

Me:Thats not the correct procedure, you are making me deposit 100% of the actual. And then I have to wait for 60 days for a refund, if any.
Why cant you charge me the exact amount instead of estimated
John:I'm really sorry, the fee may be subject to change for import taxes, customs duties, and fees charged by the destination country.
Me:I have verified the custom duties, import taxes and fees. Putting them together it will not exceed 1100 INR. And you are asking me to deposit 2000 INR, which is unethical and incorrect[DOUBLEPOST=1385793860][/DOUBLEPOST]Ishop is worse

Shipping : 504.00
Customs : 2973.00

Chat with Ishop

i like to say that its not only costume part , its combination of Duty, Taxes, Fees

well please give break up .customs is 1000 max. what is the rest of 2000 for?
dont try to cheat customers man

his reply - hence its from management , we don't have any updates for this

:))

Last edited:
As per - http://www.cybex.in/indian-custom-duty/Hard-Disc-Drives-Duty-Calculator-84717020.aspx

it should be 1k
On Phone : The guy doesnt have a clue . He is telling cos we are shipping to India, shipping charges apply.

Online chat -
John:Whenever the actual import fee deposit collected is less than we estimated, we'll issue a refund for the difference.
We'll send you an e-mail once the refund goes through. Keep in mind that the process takes 60 days from the shipment date.

Me:Thats not the correct procedure, you are making me deposit 100% of the actual. And then I have to wait for 60 days for a refund, if any.
Why cant you charge me the exact amount instead of estimated
John:I'm really sorry, the fee may be subject to change for import taxes, customs duties, and fees charged by the destination country.
Me:I have verified the custom duties, import taxes and fees. Putting them together it will not exceed 1100 INR. And you are asking me to deposit 2000 INR, which is unethical and incorrect[DOUBLEPOST=1385793860][/DOUBLEPOST]Ishop is worse

Shipping : 504.00
Customs : 2973.00

Chat with Ishop

i like to say that its not only costume part , its combination of Duty, Taxes, Fees

well please give break up .customs is 1000 max. what is the rest of 2000 for?
dont try to cheat customers man

his reply - hence its from management , we don't have any updates for this

:))
Ishop has recently started this practice of charging 1-3k more as "charges".

Yes.
Price difference is mind blowing

ishopinternational quote

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 3,150

International Shipping: Rs. 3,906

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 2,086

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL Rs. 9,142

How much with tax ?
Link ?
Worth it ? :p

Seems Surface RT Fire sale like the touchpad firesale.

$250 with tax = ~15k. More than worth it. For my mom. She hasn't owned a proper laptop till now and doesn't really need a proper laptop. iPad 1 is too limited. Surface seems to be the best intermediate device to decide whether she needs a full blown laptop.

W

Was 200 at microsoft store
The touch cover alone is worth $80.. minus tax.

Back