Team Fortress 2 - F2P?

Re: Team Fortress 2 - Free to Play ?

baccilus said:
I again got a download of 963.6MB. What's going on guys? Is something wrong with my installation or does everyone get these huge updates every third day?

:( I get this all the time. Steam started downloading a huge ass patch for TF2 yesterday. Every once in a while it starts re-downloading whole games!! Right now, its re-downloading L4D2 and Portal 2. Really fukk steam! I have absolutely had it with its shitty downloader and shitty client.

From now on, I'm either buying games from retail or using the piratebay discount coupon. :mad:

^sorry about your problem.

Have you checked on the steam support forums for a possible solution or tried mailing their customer care?

I have used steam for more than 3 years now and never faced such an issue. My steam installation has been trouble free over multiple OS installations too.

pr0ing said:

Have you checked on the steam support forums for a possible solution or tried mailing their customer care?

I have used steam for more than 3 years now and never faced such an issue. My steam installation has been trouble free over multiple OS installations too.

I face what he faces all the time too.

pr0ing said:

Thanks for the advice! But, I have actually searched about it without result. I think it may be due to the fact that I keep a lot of my steam games installed. I think I have some 25 games installed in steam alone. I am backing up and removing the games one by one. Hope this helps with the situation. Also, now I have disabled auto-update on all my games.
Siddhesh222 said:
So.... you guys keep updating however big the updates are?

Sadly yes :(

Lol so last night, my net was a complete BEAST. just came home from classes and the TF2 download I started last night at 11 is complete lol. 2.2 mb/s peak download rate. Gonna start playing tutorial now :D.

You jealous? obviously jealous xD.

Siddhesh222 said:
Lol so last night, my net was a complete BEAST. just came home from classes and the TF2 download I started last night at 11 is complete lol. 2.2 mb/s peak download rate. Gonna start playing tutorial now :D.

You jealous? obviously jealous xD.
*ahem* not too jealous. I get more than that speed but it is my monthly limit of 60 GB that's crippling me. If your connection was unlimited I would obviously be jealous :p

P.S. Hey another teenager on TE! Welcome!

Siddhesh222 said:
Well actually, my connection is indeed unlimited xD.

Nice, you're 17 as well? In 12th? Steam ID?
Lucky guy! 2mbps unlimited connection is an Indian's dream.

I've finished 12th entering college. My steam id is kvikram19.

Valve added the Meet the Medic background score to the pool of random game startup music.
Lovely saxophone solo when the Heavy is ubered.

reddead said:
^^^actually i am a free player so can't add anyone

and yeah i remember getting pwned by doomgiver in sniperbase
heh, thanks!!
lots of noobs camp in that area, and block the line of sight. its so frustrating when someone nudges you and your shot goes off target.
half the snipers and spies have no idea how to do stuff.

there was this huntsman sniper, he came to the opposite sewer entrance and was h$ ppl that were trying to go into the sewers

saumilsingh said:
I play as Saumil. I am the one always complaining about bad Medics :p.
Steam Community :: ID :: Saumil

hey, i remember you!!! we had a nice run once, it was maybe dustbowl or goldrush.

Ah crap I'll just post the video. It's a bit 18+. Be warned.

I absolutely LOLed by the way :lol:. One of the funniest TF2 vids I've seen :rofl:

One of my own replays. An Ubercharged Heavy gets stickybombed off the map by one of my stickybombs. Only 20 secs. Plz watch and share:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I think the title for this thread should be changed to "Team Fortress 2 Thread". Moderator plz do it.

1 month on and here's the abysmal state of the Indian TF2 scene:

- The Interflux servers have clamped down their rates to 10,000 (56k dialup grade) which translates into horrible online gameplay.
- The Hypernia servers have a rocksolid setup with good server settings but they only play crap maps like 2fort.
- The Fragbox/Evoxtrm servers crash anytime there are more than 12 players in them.
Sad...

^^ Seriously dude, the lag is just unbearable !

I go to stab heavy, poor medics get stabbed :D

Back