Tata Indicom launches 4 Mbps Night Unlimited Plans

tejo

Disciple
DSC01346.JPG

Tata Indicom Broadband Tariff

Charges for night unlimited are 499 Rs per month, with the plans being so expensive best option is to but 3 month pack for 5765, activate the night unlimited scheme, then renew with 6 month validity pack for 1800, then you're set for 9 months 4mbps night ul @ ~850 per month

Awesome..where did you find the night u/l scheme? I couldn't find it..

TATA is so much better than MTNL NU.

Rs.850/month for 9months @4mbps 9-9u/l..

karan2670 said:
Awesome..where did you find the night u/l scheme? I couldn't find it..
TATA is so much better than MTNL NU.
Rs.850/month for 9months @4mbps 9-9u/l..

Asked customer care on 18002097070

My current plan is not listed. Does this mean I'll have to shift to a 4mbps plan when I renew?

P.S. - How much will I have to pay RS with 4mbps? :O:

zhopudey said:
My current plan is not listed. Does this mean I'll have to shift to a 4mbps plan when I renew?

P.S. - How much will I have to pay RS with 4mbps? :O:

dont pay RS pay someone else. :no:

I started paying NL already.

And i think our plans should still work as far as the validity lasts.

Hey tejo, how did you come to 850/month? You forgot to add 499 per month into calculations. Comes to 1340/pm. Also, I guess the blocked ports problems will still be there :(

@Sarang, I have a MS account, which I can use only thanks to aeckz on warez-bb :p Nothing can come close to the amount of stuff available on RS, though.

zhopudey said:
Hey tejo, how did you come to 850/month? You forgot to add 499 per month into calculations. Comes to 1340/pm. Also, I guess the blocked ports problems will still be there :(

@Sarang, I have a MS account, which I can use only thanks to aeckz on warez-bb :p Nothing can come close to the amount of stuff available on RS, though.

@zhopu: corrrect assessment there about the 499 /m.

RS still rocks but i guess the popularity is deminishing. ppl on hdmania and tehpara are switching to NL thick n fast.

zhopudey said:

u buy a 3 months pack(5765) + 6 mos validity pack(1800) = u got total 9 months validity + 5130 usable acc balance, for night ul 499 is cut each month from the balance(you dont pay extra), so for 9 months 4491 is cut leaving you with 639 rs for day usage for 9 months. 850 per month if you do this... and nodal officer told me that the ports problem will be solved in the first week of feb here..

What abt the Upload speeds on the 4MB plan ???

Is it still 56KB/sec ???

Its really pointless for Torrent users :S cr@py UL speeds n blocked ports.

My 6 months validity (Quick Power 360) of the 2MB connection I ve been using for 2 yrs now, expires on the 19th of feb. I'm still paying 299/mth for the Night unlimited subscription (use to pay Rs99/mnth, the 1st yr) and I ve abt Rs.1K still left in my account. Wonder if my N-ul rate n balance amt will be carry forwarded to the new plan, if I migrate to 4MB :p

Thing I'll talk to CC and ask else I'm really considering going for Airtel/Reliance unless TATA comes up with a decent upload speeds.

Will report in a bit.

@ TATA CC :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The idiots don't even know the difference between bits n bytes, connection speed, download speed and upload speed, ports & IP.

The billing dept had to transfer my call to the tech dept n the bloke there didn't even know that 2Mb is bits n 256KB is bytes :S

I spent 20mins explaining to him how 2Mb=256KB and they are not different in any ways. Then I spent next 10 mins explaining the diff bet static n dynamic IP to a tech exe who didn't know the full form of IP :S

Finally, after no 1 could answer the simple question abt the Upload speed of the 4MB plan (some said it is 2MB, some said 4MB and the only sensible girl I found who was the only person out there who knew that the current 2MB plan has UL speed capped @ 56KB, said that "the UL speed of the 4MB plan is still not disclosed") .. they transfered my call to their supervisor who very confidently ends up telling me that the DL speed of the 4MB is divided by 8 (So I said .5 right n he says yes .. then says no its 512KB but couldn't explain how) and the UL is FULL 4MB/sec. To pull his leg, I then asked the supervisor if he can tell me if the UL speed is 4 Kilobits/sec or Kilo Bytes per sec n also asked him if I can quote him for the same .. He said I can quote him n said the Upload speed of the 4MB plan is 4 Kilo Bytes per sec :S

I thanked him n assured him that "there was ABSOLUTELY nothing else in the whole DAMN Universe that he could FURTHER ASSIST ME WITH !!!" and hung up :S

Now excuse me I ve to go jump down a well of take a flying **** :S

i heard RS capped per day download to 3gb..??? also there is no cap on upload to 56kBps.... and i have used a way around thanks to tejo for getting the torrent speed to a maximum...

anyways my account 2mbps NU lasts till may. also will take usb plug to surf for day usage. After that definitely 4mbps man.. hope till then some price may fall.... 512kB per second.. yes we are reaching there baby... true broadband...

regards
neo

tejo said:
DSC01346.JPG

Tata Indicom Broadband Tariff

Charges for night unlimited are 499 Rs per month, with the plans being so expensive best option is to but 3 month pack for 5765, activate the night unlimited scheme, then renew with 6 month validity pack for 1800, then you're set for 9 months 4mbps night ul @ ~850 per month

one quick question...

do we get the night NU on the validity pack?

what about the 299 that they need to cut every month?

my 3 months are about to expire.. if i hav an opt of only NU, for the min validity charge, im more than happy..

spynic said:
what about the 299 that they need to cut every month?
my 3 months are about to expire.. if i hav an opt of only NU, for the min validity charge, im more than happy..

if u take the validity pack then the validity of your existing plan will increase, but if you are doing this u need to make sure u have the required balance in your account for each month to use the nu scheme, so if u take 6 months validity u need atleast 1800 in ur acc to get 2mbps nu in that period

tejo said:
if u take the validity pack then the validity of your existing plan will increase, but if you are doing this u need to make sure u have the required balance in your account for each month to use the nu scheme, so if u take 6 months validity u need atleast 1800 in ur acc to get 2mbps nu in that period

ahh.. now i get it.. thnx mate!

Back