Tablet - Which one ?

^

i dont understand why viewing angles are important for handheld device.. the angles would be good enough for the person using it..

anyways.. a little more research on gtab revealed that the tab is indeed an OEM made by Malata .. the same is sold under many brands world wide with varing specification.. G Tab is one of them..

Malata Zpad » androidpads.com

i would go with z german interpad for 1GB ram and hdmi out.. if was available.

on the other hand, the Flatpad comes with 2yrs warranty and similar specs.

it can be bought in USA but @same price as GTab but is out of stock :(

^GTab is not a consumer ready device OOB. but at it's price, it is an hax0r's heaven.

visit Sears stores and ask for an refurb gTab you can find it for s low as $279 ... pure vfm..

there are 2-3 devs at xda working on this.. the device is very much capable of android 3.0 and viewsonic is bound to provide an official update as the device is buggy OOB.

madnav said:
^GTab is not a consumer ready device OOB. but at it's price, it is an hax0r's heaven.

visit Sears stores and ask for an refurb gTab you can find it for s low as $279 ... pure vfm..

there are 2-3 devs at xda working on this.. the device is very much capable of android 3.0 and viewsonic is bound to provide an official update as the device is buggy OOB.
They dont have any refurbs....is it worth buying at 399$ ?

NoName01 said:
They dont have any refurbs....is it worth buying at 399$ ?
im buying one.

friends friend is there till 8th DEC so im going to ask him to bargain and get refurb.

if not, will get at $399

there are already cynogen mod and TnT firmware for the same.

people have been working on other devices to get usb 3G modems working on android :D :p

so im having hopes about the same :)

the tablet does have a usb host and usb wired and wireless keyboards have been tested to work fine. would have been easier if it was an x86 tab. malata (the original OEM) has alread launched an x86 tab (on which the new ViewPad 10 x86 will be based) but it is very hard to acquire.

see if you can get one and if you can then let me know too :) :p

also, if, by any chance, you are able to get refurbs.. (people have got at $200 + Tax) then im in for one more :p

Yes, x86 is very difficult to acquire....any chances of the interpad ? it looked good.....i dont need 3G as the data packages here in UAE are very costly and i intend to use the tab only on Wifi.....Btw are there any cases etc for the Gtab ?

Currently i am thinking whether to buy Galaxy tab but at 650$ ATT off contract, it seems very high....~500 would have been better

no need to buy Galaxy Tablet if 3G OOB is not your necessity. Tegra 2 dual core will be much better option imo.

im leaning towards gtab as xda devs are spending time on making it better.

do understand that the tab is not properly functional OOB, so unless you are willing to spend time on it, go for galaxyTab

Just played with Galaxy Tab in eZone for a few minutes.

Initial impression: It is a big phone and not a compact tablet. IMO, it is nowhere in comparison to the iPad as far as the experience of surfing is concerned. The inbuilt browser is not only slow, its laggy and choppy. Also, Android is not yet ready for tablets (and this is a big one). I am glad I opted for iPad (the only real drawback is lack on Camera on it). My advice, stay away from the Tab.

im getting gtab

there is enough amount of devs for this tab.

that is all i want while buying an android atm.

also, nv tegra forum are showing possibility of windows port over tegra2. current win CE 6.0 supports only single cpu/core and 512MB thus not much interest. but win CE 7.0 supports multicore and more ram thus there is a possibility if/when tegra 2 and relatives populate the market.

x86 based moorestown on the other hand, is expected to run hotter and consume more power, im not sure if it will be as popular on handheld. it will surely take a cake in netbooks and entry level notebooks.

im passing on MooresTown for the following reasons:

Runs Hot

Consumes more power

Android does not support x86 atm..support is only upto android 1.6 imo. (this will change ofcourse)

Only +ve with x86 imo was that to try virtually any desktop OS one would want to.. (TRY)

but MAYBE im expecting too much out of a tab in that case :p

Do let us know about the deal you get :) And a review would be great.
I am going to get one soon for "PDF" reading purpose. Let us know if that fulfill my requirement :)

Oh I see you are from Navi Mumbai. I am too. May be you can give me a opportunity to have a hands on :p

hey the friend of my friend who is buying gtab for me found it for $300 at some other store locally..

so ask your bro to check around just to make sure before buying.

good thing is he havent bought it yet coz it wasnt available at Sears, can you find out the name of the store ? i will tell my bro to check if the same store has a branch in San jose

Just a n00b question here:
why didnt you guys consider the HP slate? I knw its pricier at $799 but isnt the Hardware well worth it ?

1.86GHz Intel Atom Z540 processor,
2GB of RAM,
64GB SSD
Broadcom's Crystal HD accelerator
N-Trig active digitizer for taking notes

I ask this as i was contemplating getting this or the new Inspiron Duo instead of the Ipads and likes.

apextwin146 said:
Just a n00b question here:

why didnt you guys consider the HP slate? I knw its pricier at $799 but isnt the Hardware well worth it ?

1.86GHz Intel Atom Z540 processor,

2GB of RAM,

64GB SSD

Broadcom's Crystal HD accelerator

N-Trig active digitizer for taking notes

I ask this as i was contemplating getting this or the new Inspiron Duo instead of the Ipads and likes.

In my case i dont need windows and that much of hardware is an overkill for my usage ie movies,music,apps etc..

also the intel processor would produce more heat IIRC

Back