Suggest 32" LCD TV for around 35k

LG-32LF20FR is listed for 29.5k on ebay...LG Jazz for 32.5k and Sony KLV for 33.5k...also Panasonic HD ready is listed for 26k...I am thinking of getting Panasonic...how is it?

netwitx said:
I am also in same boat and had demos of philips 5609 and Panasonic 32S10. the Panasonic are giving three year warranty and they got IPS panel too. I am confused between Philips and Panasonic. Any Panasonic owner around?

Even this model from Philips has an S-IPS pannel though unlike LG they dont put it as the USP.....i didnt belive it till the time the salesman gave me a demo....infact i would say that if only no distortion of picture upon touchin the screen is a the benchmark for an IPS pannel then the philips was even better than LG TVs......LG is a great brand and has very good customer support but product wise i liked philips over any of the LG TVs.

Dude, You can try to find LG Model type 80FR - 1080P Full HD its Jazz. Well IPS Panel and good picture quality. I think it will also come in your budget or you might need to slightly increase the money here.

I've almost zeroed in to buy the Philips model.. Since this thread was being discussed here, i thot i could ask about it here vs opening a new thread. Can previous Philips owners shed some light after having used the LCD. Is there nething i need to be warned of or considered before buying it ? How has the overall experience been ? Thx !

@ meghna, if you are clear on what sort of information you are looking for in this model, it would help. Otherwise its just lot of adjectives flying around. I've been using it for more than a month now & this is a brief observation about PQ and other features.

PQ FHD - 9/10. Excellent blacks with good vibrant colours.
PQ HD - 8/10. Upscaling is really good although the final output depends on the content
PQ SD - 6/10. DTV's are upscaled well. But cable looks like sh*t

Sound is good enough for a small living room. USB divx playback is a bonus. Although the subtitling display is very annoying.

^ Hey wasn't seeking for nething in particular but, this helps.. thats exactly the info i was looking for.. a lil bit of picture quality and a positives / negatives of the unit. Plan to book the piece from Croma by this weekend. Thanks !

hi, I am looking to buy a 32" LCD in the next couple of weeks. I have short listed the following

Samsung B550 - 37.5k

Samsung A650 - 35k

Philips 5609 - 34k

Out of these, only philips has out of the box divx playback on USB. B550 can play divx with the firmware trick. But I dont know if A650 can support it. Please suggest me which one the to go for?

Also, are the prices quoted correct? I got this from Mysore.

Samsung B530 is around 31,000/- and supposed to be the best. If you need additional HDMI port then you can go for B550 (Total 4 HDMI ports) but the difference of 6.5k does not justifies it.

I was thinking of purchasing LCD TV from thailand as my parents are there on a vacation atm. My budget is around 30k INR ~ 22k Thai baht.

They say Samsung 5 series is costing 24k INR and 3 series is costing 19k INR

Also, they said Samsung 42" is costing 29k INR there

What should i buy?

Thailand

Samsung 5 series : 24k

Samsung 42-inch LCD TV: 29k

India

Philips 5609 : 33k

Usage (in order):

Cable, DTH, DVD-rips, HD-media

sato1986 said:
I was thinking of purchasing LCD TV from thailand as my parents are there on a vacation atm. My budget is around 30k INR ~ 22k Thai baht.
They say Samsung 5 series is costing 24k INR and 3 series is costing 19k INR
Also, they said Samsung 42" is costing 29k INR there

What should i buy?

Thailand
Samsung 5 series : 24k
Samsung 42-inch LCD TV: 29k
India
Philips 5609 : 33k
Usage (in order):
Cable, DTH, DVD-rips, HD-media

in thailand sony lcds are even cheaper then samsung lcd tvs,the 32BX300 should cost around 19k.

It may be hard to find this model but one should check for 37" LG-LH50 LCD by spending a little more than 35k with 200hz of true motion & 2ms response time.

1) Which is the cheapest phillps 32" with USB support and inbuilt speakers so that i don't have to buy seperate ones?

2) Whats the cost of Phillips 32" Full HD 1080p 32PFL5609/98??

TIA.

Rockfella said:
1) Which is the cheapest phillps 32" with USB support and inbuilt speakers so that i don't have to buy seperate ones?
2) Whats the cost of Phillips 32" Full HD 1080p 32PFL5609/98??

TIA.

1. Try the 5409 HD ready model
2. 5609 is quoted at Rs: 34500/- net.

The issue is the rounded corners of philips which kinda gives it a toyish look. Otherwise a good TV. I bought a Samsung B530 for 33k two days back.

Thanks man. Does this model come with decent inbuilt speakers?

always-shri said:
1. Try the 5409 HD ready model

2. 5609 is quoted at Rs: 34500/- net.

The issue is the rounded corners of philips which kinda gives it a toyish look. Otherwise a good TV. I bought a Samsung B530 for 33k two days back.

Went to buy a Philips LCD 32PFL5609. However, i was turned down by everyone. Croma had the model in display but when i nailed the deal, they did not have the stock in the warehouse.. so Croma was out of question. Went to Vijay Sales, but they said they just keep the usual Samsung, LG & sony products. After like calling eZone, Kohinoor Tele and other outlets listed on the Philips website and everyone of them turning me down on that model.. I decided to call the tollfree and found out about the Philips exclusive store (Effarsons, thats wat they are called and are based in Worli, Mumbai)

I was told by them that the model that i am looking (5609) for has been out of stock since 6-8 months and that they have an alternative product model number 32PFL5409

Now i am confused, can somebody help me in finding out if its a wise choice to go for Philips 32PFL5409 vs the 32PFL5609 ? The differences are minor but one major difference is that 5409 (the avlable model) is 720p (HD Ready) compared to the 5609 (Full HD)?

If not Philips/5409 then what are other alternatives better/eqivalent, under 40k :)

Feature priorities I'm looking for (in following order):

Picture Quality
Connectivity Features (HDMI, Component... more the better)
USB media features (photos/music/movies). (IIRC, 5609 was the only model I found to have mp4/mkv support)
Full HD (or at least HD ready)

Thanks !

^ Both 5409 and 5609 seem to have same Dynmic Contrast as per specs listed on website. Regular Contrast is not mentioned anywhere. I think you meants to say that 5609 has higher brightness (500 cd/m2) compared to 5409 (450 cd/m2)

as for the sony variants.. is there anybody having these currently? if so, wat r ur experiences regarding picture quality and USB features? Too bad that sony dosen't support mpeg4. Also, on their website I couldn't find any brightness or contrast info given.

Back