Static IP address

I have suggested many friends the below solutions Dlink IP Cameras, some 5 of my friends using with for past 6 months;
http://www.deltapage.com/products/D%2dLink-DCS%2d930L-HOME-NETWORK-WIRELESS-CAMERA-%2d-MYDLINK-ENABLED.html

Only problem is unable to Configure internet access for DATA CARDS.

I am getting a network of 12 cameras linked to a DVR. Need to connect that to a router, and the guys doing the installation said I need a static IP. I don't know much about this stuff [obviously].

@deepakvrao You don't necessarily require a static IP. Like some people already suggested, a free account with no-ip.com or any other similar dynamic DNS providers will get you all sorted. Which router is everything being connected to? Most routers have a dynamic DNS client built in to them, so you can check which ones your router supports and use one of those services. After that, you can just use whatever domain name you get from the dynamic DNS provider instead of using the static IP to access the cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have setup my cheap tp link router with no-ip . Had support for dynamic dns no-ip built into it.

Now I access my PC anywhere using my a subdomain provided by no-ip no matter what my IP is.

So any other router should be able to do it.

I am getting a network of 12 cameras linked to a DVR. Need to connect that to a router, and the guys doing the installation said I need a static IP. I don't know much about this stuff [obviously].
Then, Static IP from BSNL or No-IP are the only Option as for my knowledge

I have setup my cheap tp link router with no-ip . Had support for dynamic dns no-ip built into it.

Now I access my PC anywhere using my a subdomain provided by no-ip no matter what my IP is.

So any other router should be able to do it.

Could you please share the model of the router? I might as well buy one which has support, as I need to buy a new router anyway.

Static IP is not needed - you just need a router with Dynamic DNS support. Teamviewer would mean that you need a computer ON with the camera's running + teamviewer video (IMO) aint that great.

Back