Static IP address

deepakvrao

Adept
May 2, 2008
Hi guys,

I need an internet connection with a static IP address. Any suggestions? Costing? Will it cost an arm and a leg?

Ksavai

Disciple
Nov 25, 2012
In Mumbai I am using MTNL static IP. Per IP per year it cost 1000/- for the same purpose as you mentioned.

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
There are lots of DIY for CCTV monitoring, Check one latest on lifehacker. You can use DynaDNS for free service.

deepakvrao

Adept
May 2, 2008
I have suggested many friends the below solutions Dlink IP Cameras, some 5 of my friends using with for past 6 months;
http://www.deltapage.com/products/D%2dLink-DCS%2d930L-HOME-NETWORK-WIRELESS-CAMERA-%2d-MYDLINK-ENABLED.html

Only problem is unable to Configure internet access for DATA CARDS.

I am getting a network of 12 cameras linked to a DVR. Need to connect that to a router, and the guys doing the installation said I need a static IP. I don't know much about this stuff [obviously].

Edrill

Adept
Feb 18, 2006
Goa
@deepakvrao You don't necessarily require a static IP. Like some people already suggested, a free account with no-ip.com or any other similar dynamic DNS providers will get you all sorted. Which router is everything being connected to? Most routers have a dynamic DNS client built in to them, so you can check which ones your router supports and use one of those services. After that, you can just use whatever domain name you get from the dynamic DNS provider instead of using the static IP to access the cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:

techygeek

Adept
Mar 5, 2009
Mumbai
I have setup my cheap tp link router with no-ip . Had support for dynamic dns no-ip built into it.

Now I access my PC anywhere using my a subdomain provided by no-ip no matter what my IP is.

So any other router should be able to do it.

Reactions: djmykey

gcbeldar

Adept
Jul 7, 2007
I am getting a network of 12 cameras linked to a DVR. Need to connect that to a router, and the guys doing the installation said I need a static IP. I don't know much about this stuff [obviously].
Then, Static IP from BSNL or No-IP are the only Option as for my knowledge

deepakvrao

Adept
May 2, 2008
I have setup my cheap tp link router with no-ip . Had support for dynamic dns no-ip built into it.

Now I access my PC anywhere using my a subdomain provided by no-ip no matter what my IP is.

So any other router should be able to do it.

Could you please share the model of the router? I might as well buy one which has support, as I need to buy a new router anyway.