Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

Change the phone Network type to GSM only from WCDMA (preferred) / GSM.
After rooting the phone use Battery Calibrator to fine tune your battery power-cycles further.
Thanks @ALPHA17 and @damn, that's a real comprehensive list and I think covers everything. Will try the listed things then maybe go for rooting as well. Didn't knew about the battery calibrator.
Another general question, how good/bad is it to use the phone for gaming while the battery is charging? or does it matter? I have read that it's not good to make calls while charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another general question, how good/bad is it to use the phone for gaming while the battery is charging? or does it matter? I have read that it's not good to make calls while charging.

The phones battery will charge slowly OR retard depending on the settings and the game-type.

Also touch sensitivity will go out the window, so you might not enjoy the experience.

I guess it's a hardware issue right

Yes, the charge current messes around with the capability of the detection matrix and the system detects excess electrical charge as a false-positive.

After charging to ~50% the situation improves a lot in my case although there are random recurrence of the false-positive / no-detect on touch after that, occasionally.

Downloaded that application and tested my phone with it, might include it in the review.

My Xperia P is not playing notification sound for messages. It is running stock ICS (build 6.1.1.B.1.54). I have tried changing the tone and restarting but it's not helping. The phone vibrates but no sound is played. No other sound issues anywhere else. Anyone else face this issue? Any suggestions?

Update on Z/ZL

Z launching March in India. Retailer price - 34500, Street price would be about 36k.

ZL launching April, price would be 1-2k less than Z. So around 33-34k

My Xperia P is not playing notification sound for messages. It is running stock ICS (build 6.1.1.B.1.54). I have tried changing the tone and restarting but it's not helping. The phone vibrates but no sound is played. No other sound issues anywhere else. Anyone else face this issue? Any suggestions?

Go to SETTINGS -->Sounds -->Volume settings -->Check volume level for 'Other media' and adjust that

Also check settings for Vibrate on mute settings.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Go to SETTINGS -->Sounds -->Volume settings -->Check volume level for 'Other media' and adjust that
Nope. That's not it. I read on some other forums about some other users facing this problem with this particular build. Any idea when's the next update coming?

Any Xperia S owners around here ??
Just got one for my dad,he got bored of using a Moto Defy

Any custom ROM recommendations ?? I know CM10 is released for Xperia S but other than that any specific ROM's you guys installed ?
Honestly,I hate the Timescape UI that's the reason im stuck with my beloved GNex

Any Xperia S owners around here ??
Just got one for my dad,he got bored of using a Moto Defy

Any custom ROM recommendations ?? I know CM10 is released for Xperia S but other than that any specific ROM's you guys installed ?
Honestly,I hate the Timescape UI that's the reason im stuck with my beloved GNex

Try Paranoid Android..Great rom and avatar rom(great themes)also released for Xperia s..Try them to check what suit your needs. check xda for all roms.

Back