Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

How do I check my free ram, I dont think I have installed any app to do that. Secondly, I use Google chrome for browsing.

go into settings and open applications then check the running tab in it. free ram is shown below

- - - Updated - - -

An update.

Xperia S/Ion/Acro S will get 4.1.2 and then 5.0.

Go/P will stop at 4.1.2

U and Sola owners are in for a surprise next month :)

This is good news but qualcomm hasnt provided jellybean 4.2 drivers for s3 chipset. it is jumping directly to 5.0 ?

ST-Ericsson isn't providing newer drivers for Novathor chipset beyond 4.1.2.
That's too bad. The end user suffers due to high level corporate policies which we ain't even aware of. Anyways my wife won't be too bothered about the updates. What I am worried about is how to anticipate such decisions from OEMs/manufacturers when I am buying a next mid-range device for myself. Not everyone can afford the flagships.

That's too bad. The end user suffers due to high level corporate policies which we ain't even aware of. Anyways my wife won't be too bothered about the updates. What I am worried about is how to anticipate such decisions from OEMs/manufacturers when I am buying a next mid-range device for myself. Not everyone can afford the flagships.

Nexus :)

@shadow747

Yes, Qualcomm will skip 4.2 and go to 5.0 directly for snapdragon S3 chip.
@sam9953

Use Dolphin HD browser, Chrome uses too much RAM.

@suhailkhan

Basically if you buy a phone with a mid-high end Qualcomm chipset, you should be fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There cannot be a better option than this but again, both the previous nexus devices have suffered the same fate of not getting an official launch in India again due to some corporate policies. Well, actually its the end users that suffer.

Thanks randomuser111, Qualcomm it is then. Will keep in mind when I start out the hunt for my next phone.

go into settings and open applications then check the running tab in it. free ram is shown below

It says like 440 mb is used and nearly 190 free. That is the current status after removing like 20 apps out of 60, so I have just 40 apps now and dont face that problem of songs pausing.

Me too waiting for the same thing.

My guess is that it'll be announced at the same time as the Xperia P and Xperia GO get their official Jelly Bean.

Which is the end of March, this month. So wait for 2 more weeks I guess.

In need of help!

A friend rooted his xperia u using the binary script here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460
Then, he installed CWM using this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1948455

He made a backup, then installed the xperiance v2 rom - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2075878
Since then, he has been getting a bootloop.
The backup is not being restored too. It says some parts are not found, like system.img etc etc

Can anyone help please?

@comp@ddict : thank you, will try today[DOUBLEPOST=1363852767,1363758307][/DOUBLEPOST]@comp@ddict : after connecting the phone in flashmode, the phone gets connected to the pc, and then disconnected again. It says, device driver software not installed. S1boot Download

Last edited by a moderator:
Back