Sleeping Dogs - Discussion Thread

Btw... any pointers to the camera-hacking in the game? I mean it's like you have to guess all 4 numbers and then crack it.

Its pretty easy.
Start with 0123, if any are green let them be. If yellow switch their position and if red replace with the next number (4..5.. and so on). Fairly fast process.

I heard it takes about 30 hours to finish everything up.
I am having a good time with this game, so far its been better than all the other sand box games I ve played before(Gta series/SR3 etc) in most aspects.

Nice! Side missions any good? I mean not repetitive doing the same things over and over like most sandbox titles out there.
side missions looks to be a little repetitive at times in the real sense and may not be so intriguing to play them.

Main missions were good and were carrying the story all along without any missing links.. dating (side missions) missions arent anything worth a try and are just another time pass. the game is good just because of the simplified driving (easily controllable movements), gameplay (GTA + Batman combats) and cenematics.

Started this game.High resolution texture really looks like high resolution.:D will update more after i spend few hours into it.

This game surely looks like an improved version of GTA IV.It has borrowed some good elements from other games.:D Btw guys whats 3D depth and 3D convergence? Is it for stereoscopic type of 3D setting or depth of field?

Forgot to update! Started the game last Sunday and I've been having a good time. Somehow the vehicle controls are a bit messy or maybe I just need some time to get used to it. Combat is good. Doing a mix of side quests and the main quest to avoid getting the feeling of repetitiveness. Hong Kong looks so un-****ing-believably awesome and realistic! Reminded me of my 2008 trip for a moment there.

Btw about the massage parlours - Wei walks in into one, pays the money and comes out! That's it? I expected something else. :ashamed:

Amanda and Wei - I can see where this is headed. :p

@Gannu: I completed the game a 2 weeks back and it was great!! Yes I also found the driving controls to be a little wobbly to begin with but with more missions and driving around I got accustomed to it. Regarding the massage parlors... yah Wei walks in, chick takes the $$$ and that's it BAM done, nothing more!! What a dampener that, lol!

Hong Kong is depicted exceptionally well in the game, specially those areas in Aberdeen... perfect! I was a little suprised the game didn't take advantage of the MTR which is so well embedded as a means of getting around the city from one point to another. I still remember the countless times I took the MTR while there last year to hop around the city. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hacking is also a pain. Enter random numbers and keep shuffling the places. I so loved the hacking in DXHR and the noob friendly ones in Mass Effect 2/3. :p

Wow, this game was like a surprise out of nowhere. Really epic game and I never paid any attention to it before release! Last week, I got the banhammer in D3 and there was still a long time for TL2 to release. So, I decided to download an ahem copy and give this a spin just to spend some time. But, this game blew all my expectations. Everything is great! The graphics are amazing, especially when it rains and we get to see the neon lights of Hongkong reflected in the wet roads. Very trippy! The story is actually pretty good with some vibes of The Departed and Donnie Brasco. The dialogues are pretty well written and the voice acting is actually very good. There is no overacting and no unnecessary cussing just to sound edgy. Just a no-nonsense, decently written story. Loved the character customizations and upgrading by learning new moves, combos, wearing set clothes to get max damage/exp etc. The wedding mission was pretty damn good!
The camera was a bit wonky at first but I got used to it. Would've probably enjoyed the parkour bits a little more if the camera was better. Apparently the new patches have fixed the camera issues though.

Needless to say, I was convinced mid-way that I have to buy this game. Finished the game last Saturday and placed an order for my very own copy the next day. Games like these deserve the money!

Now two Square-Enix games, that I was on fence or did not care about initially i.e. DeusEx: HR and now this one have turned out to be stellar. Next up is Hitman and Tomb Raider after that. Both games, I was pretty disappointed with the very first trailer and so just ignored them since then. Lets see if Square manage to keep up the record because Hitman and TR are franchises I loved since when I first got addicted to PC games. Fingers crossed! :)

Square Enix is only the publisher for DXHR, Hitman: Absolution and the upcoming Tomb Raider. You could perhaps thank them for launching the titles at decent prices in the country. Not for the dev. work.

Square Enix is only the publisher for DXHR, Hitman: Absolution and the upcoming Tomb Raider. You could perhaps thank them for launching the titles at decent prices in the country. Not for the dev. work.

Oh yeah! Completely forgot that actually!

What a f*ckin' awesome game! I ended up playing most of the face missions and cop missions tonight. Also, got my ass kicked over-and-over at the Martial Arts Club in North Point. I made it to round 6/6 and those annoying heavy thugs just beat the shit out of me. Do I need to learn new stuff before approaching them or just get better at countering their moves?

Roll over? How? They can be grappled, but only once they are dazed with a proper counter move. The ground slam they perform, takes a massive chunk of my health and if I get caught in their follow up kick, I'm screwed. :(

When they try grabbing you, Wei can counter that move (press Y towards the opposite direction) and beat them. If you fail to do so, they would do the ground slam.

I've reached about 70% of the story progress. Completed several side missions, collected 7 statues, upgraded health to 60% (the mini-map is a blessing!). The roundhouse kick is just awesome, I tend to do that most of the time. :p

Back