Sleeping Dogs - Discussion Thread

Ok PC games have achievements too nowadays don't they?

Anyways, yeah PS+ is letting me play some games which I would have ignored otherwise.

OT: Yeah I know they are the same as the trophies/achievements. Did Deus Ex on Steam then on PS3. Likewise Far Cry 3 Uplay achievements which were different from Playstation/Xbox 360 trophies. Anyways I think the non grinding trophies really enhance the gameplay.

Will probably change from Next gen since Miscrodoft has plans to let DEVs introduce cross gaming trophies on a regular basis.

I'm so glad I got this off PS+ for free. Anybody played this on PS3? Any trophy wh*res? Looks like an easy platinum. @Gannu how many trophies did you unlock in your normal playthrough? Just wanted to get an idea the number of times I may have to attempt this :)

Sorry, but every time I see someone ask about that, :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but every time I see someone ask about that, :banghead:

Haha I won't blame him. I used to be a trophy whore myself back when I started and had Platinum'd 3 titles (Uncharted, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain) back then. Required multiple playthroughs and the other titles were piling up. :p

Yeah but some platinum runs have definitely enhanced the entire experience for me and some are a grind.

Deus Ex HR has a trophy Foxiest Legend something where you have to play w/o ever killing anybody no Alarms should be triggered. All stealth. No Violence. That is the true DXHR experience IMO. I had played it on PC earlier with a mix of Gunplay and Stealth. Not satisfying enough and trophies serve as a good incentive to play in a different manner.

Heavy Rain is a classic example, if you haven't seen all the endings then you haven't done justice to the game. If you've juggled all the save games etc and have seen the endings might as well Platinum it.

Anyways have started off with Sleeping Dogs :) :)

Started out this game, mixture of Mafia/GTA and Batman series. The question I wanna ask it to the PC players, did you guys enjoy this with your mouse+keyboard, or was it more enjoyable with a controller?!

Started out this game, mixture of Mafia/GTA and Batman series. The question I wanna ask it to the PC players, did you guys enjoy this with your mouse+keyboard, or was it more enjoyable with a controller?!
I had absolutely no problems playing it with a KB+Mouse.

I have no problems either, just wondering if it would be more enjoyable with controller

Much more enjoyable with an Xbox controller because the hand-to-hand combat and driving are a major part of the game. Even when you have to use the gun, you can vault to activate bullet time so shooting is not that painful.

That's what I was thinking, though I haven't yet got to the gun combat part, time to dust off my logitech dual action and put it to use.

Much more enjoyable with an Xbox controller because the hand-to-hand combat and driving are a major part of the game. Even when you have to use the gun, you can vault to activate bullet time so shooting is not that painful.

I found the driving dynamics of the game to be quite ordinary. The storyline however was very very good.
One of those proper underrated games this.

That's what I was thinking, though I haven't yet got to the gun combat part, time to dust off my logitech dual action and put it to use.

I played with KB/M first but the melee combat wasn't that fun. So I tried the Xbox controller and fell in love with the game.

I found the driving dynamics of the game to be quite ordinary. The storyline however was very very good.
One of those proper underrated games this.

I definitely agree, except maybe for the chase/combat driving missions. Shooting out other vehicle's tires while driving in slow motion is awesome.

I've bought Sleeping Dogs today on the Steam Summer Sale for 12.00$! I've just added it to library for now and I'll download it when I buy a newer graphic card. I've heard good reviews about this game and followed some videos on this.

Can anyone tell me if it will be compatible with my PC or not? I have Intel Core i3 3210 3.20 GHz, Nvidia GeForce 210 1GB ddr3 graphics card and 4.00 GB RAM. I'm sure I won't be able to run this if I don't get a good graphics card, but if I can.. I need replies :)

I've bought Sleeping Dogs today on the Steam Summer Sale for 12.00$! I've just added it to library for now and I'll download it when I buy a newer graphic card. I've heard good reviews about this game and followed some videos on this.

Can anyone tell me if it will be compatible with my PC or not? I have Intel Core i3 3210 3.20 GHz, Nvidia GeForce 210 1GB ddr3 graphics card and 4.00 GB RAM. I'm sure I won't be able to run this if I don't get a good graphics card, but if I can.. I need replies :)

$12 ?? i bought it for $6. Did u get any DLC's or just the base game ?
As for the game it should run on low spec-low res i guess.

Have to say the same thing as others are saying though, this game could be more fun when played using controller for the combat sequences especially. Too bad i sold mine cause i thought i was done with videogames :(

Back