Signature campaign to lower rates for Triband unlimited plan in Mumbai!!

sTALKEr said:
Simple counter to your argument. BSNL.

Govt firm. offering exact same rates all across the country. :)

Exactly. Mumbai can't be the only place in the country where bandwidth/installation costs are higher.

COunt me in this campaign too !!!

And as somebody mentioned above, contact MNS :hap2:

nikeel said:
Exactly. Mumbai can't be the only place in the country where bandwidth/installation costs are higher.

It should be the reverse, as Mumbai is now emerging as hub for data centers across india. Because its the landing station of various undersea OpticFibre cables.:eek:hyeah:

lord_shrex said:
so no point whining about something that has a lot of variables involved (most of us (including me) dont understand)

This is not MTNL vs Airtel vs railtel vs tata or anybody.

They may have different reasons.

This is a matter of MTNL vs MTNL.

Call tariffs are same as there is suppoed to be no difference between MTNL Delhi and MTNL Mumbai.

So the least we may expect is equality in broadband rates too if not lower :p
This thread is to announce our intentions and garner more support.

As has been said earlier- we are anyways sending those letters- even if it bears only our signatures.

The reasons and the intention are clearly mentioned in the first post too- as we thought more signatures will add some more weight to our "REQUEST". :)

Not whining, not demand- nothing else. (please recheck the whole thread and let me know what mislead you. :))

No one is whining and please don't divert the topic by posting misleading comprehensions/analysis/suggestions.
Those who want to donate their signatures are welcome.

We sincerely appreciate every genuine, unbiased and non-judgemental contribution to this campaign.
The least we can do is sit up, take notice and ask questions and take necessary actions if there is any possibility of a change.

sTALKEr said:
Simple counter to your argument. BSNL.
Govt firm. offering exact same rates all across the country. :)

Let me say this-

We all want good things to happen in India but we are the first ones to oppose those who take an inititive while we sit on our asses and not care as long as our pop or someone else pays or we have too much money to not care about what's right or wrong.

And we can continue blaming the whole world, dog, cat, rat for all the good things we are deprived of living in this nation.:)

I am not posting anymore replies here unless a relevant one pertaining to the subject is made.
Because the replies may not go down well with those who seem adverse to this idea.

Please do not take my comments personally- i am just trying to make myself clear and showing ego/throwing attitude is not me. :cool2:

Copies of the text file will be mailed to those who PM me for it.
They may take printouts and do the needful.
This can me mailed to one place from where the rest of the work will be taken care of.
That does include expenses for printout/copies, postage under Regd AD etc.

But none of you have been asked or will be asked for any monetary donations.
Coz we are doing this for ourselves and only asking for your signatures and tel nos(optional).
The positive outcome is free for all- so please don't be a cheapskate to use some of that ink in your pen and invest some of your precious time. :)
We are also planning to collect signatures at the Mumbai meet planned for this month and will be posting the request in that thread too so that the turnout is a bit more than it usually is. :)

Once again- thank you to all for your support and suggestions. :)

I am in if you put in a small para for me. I dont have MTNL in my sector , whereas every other sector before me and after me has acess. The reason i am being given for the past 2 years is that my sector is a new one ,so no lines yet.
Put this in , and you'll get my signature for sure :p

bikey,i tried sending mails regrding this issue to mtnl mumbai but their mail id is invalid..Also i tried sending a mail to TRAI which i am yet to get proper response..while browsing i came upon this idea why not send a mail to our comm minister A.raja&his maild id is mentioned in the link below-

DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATION

Will this be of any help?

Switch to Reliance WiMax/AirTel/Tata or other local net service providers. No need to beg with MTNL, they are not Multinational or professional who will care about Unsatisfied Customers.

MTNL live or die, officers & others working with MTNL do not care as there jobs are secured & will get pension if complete the service else grab huge amount with VRS.

Do not waste your time, money & TE's bandwidth on such issues.

I'm in too. Tell me where is the entrance to this signature campaign building.

Party Monger said:
Ive got a brilliant idea, CONTACT MNS..
That might actually be a brilliant idea. We are starting to think like those politicians now. But why not use them if it helps?

lord_shrex said:
Its not as simple as it seems All private/Govt firms have to lease lines from other govt firms (such as GAILtel (Gail's venture))

so for every location the cost is different it involves cabling/sattelite network/equipment/service staff stuff like that .

Hense depending on your location and the cost to get ur area connected to a localised hub and then to the main hub n so on ,they judge a right price for you ! and all broadband operators have judge which price is "competitive"
as well as profitable.
Vast portions of delhi have had new cables laid out (seen it in my area) so "Obviously" a more competitive price can attract larger customer base!
even then there are places in delhi where u dont have the new "2mbs or 8mbs" or even a basic 128kbs!

so once u have an infrastructre u can implement it to your need!
so no point whining about something that has a lot of variables involved (most of us (including me) dont understand)

yes if they dont provide u the service they have paid for then u have every right to "DEMAND" it .:)

I beg to disagree. I don't believe the pricing has anything to do with cost. It is purely determined by what they perceive the customer is willing to pay for the service. The private operators are quick on the uptake and drop prices the moment a competitor comes in with lower prices. With public sector behemoths, the response time is woefully slow.

Me and the TheIndian are meeting tomorrow at 2:00pm.

Venue: Candies (main), McCraig House, Pali Hill. (iirc )

List of probables joining us-
XT, Zhopudey, Renegade, Stormblast, Harshal, ...

Me and The Indian will be there for sure.
We have to do the MTNL signature campaign thingie which got delayed for so many unwanted reasons.
Anyone interested in helping us with your valuable signature, be there please.

http://www.techenclave.com/events-a...meet-21st-dec-2008-a-123804-5.html#post995373

Thanks to all who extended their support. :hap2:
Those who haven't contributed yet- please hope and pray we don't need to and get what we want before that. :D

BTW- our MTNL related work is done. :)
Word has got through that MTNL may drop Tariff rates for Triband in Mumbai very soon.
And we had hardly made a beginning. :p
Muhuhahahahahaha... :devil2:
(Fingers crossed, touchwood. :p)
http://www.techenclave.com/997774-post77.html

And we had a kick@$$ meet too. :eek:hyeah:

Back