Signature campaign to lower rates for Triband unlimited plan in Mumbai!!

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
Guys and gals,
TheIndian and me are starting a signature campaign very soon- to ask MTNL to lower rates for unlimited triband plans in Mumbai to that of New Delhi at the least.

He was telling me that while the triband 256Kbps unltd plan is for Rs.2500/- here and was Rs.799/- in New Delhi, it's been reduced there to just Rs.600/- or so recently. :O
It gets even more unfair for Mumbai users for higher speed plans. :no:

Delhi > Broadband

Mumbai > MTNL Broadband Internet Services Tariff Plans
Now that's adding insult to injury and enough is enough. :(
Mumbai has a far bigger subscriber base afaik and we deserve lower rates.
BSNL has had good rates for the unlimited plans for quite sometime iirc but they may argue that Mumbai and Delhi don't have BSNL.
Atleast similar to Delhi for sure, if not any lower. :cool2:
Will post a draft of the letter soon.
People are requested to volunteer and collect signatures fom their friends and other MTNL users in their locality/colleges/offices. :)
Also from those who might be interested in subscribing/shifting to MTNL Triband Unlimited if the reduced rates come into effect asap. :eek:hyeah:

These will be collected and mailed to MTNL Mumbai and Delhi offices along with printouts of the tariff plans for the respective cities and copies will be sent to TRAI and any other govt bodies. :)
More bandwidth is our birthright and we shall have it. :hap2:

Update:
I also request people active in other forums to take an initiative and post this there too and post the link in this thread. :)
Please- the more support we have, the more likely to get this done.
I am very positive on this as i truly believe that this is not an unfair demand by any means. :)

Give me HD movies and i shall give you signatures..

Nice initiative..but rather talking with a senior head would be more fruit full..

EDIT:- Ive got a brilliant idea, CONTACT MNS..

I wouldn't support you on the user base etc as that would boil down to regionalism but yes I am in for it if yu are asking them to equal there rates all around India.

Im sick of this Delhi favouritism in everything... Im in! MTNL definitely need to stop the robbery..

this ain't gonna help. They have faced much more heat of similar kind and have survived.

Keep the agenda as taking to Consumer Court, then I am IN.

I am in ..... Although I have stopped using MTNL now owing to the frustratingly inconsistent connection ....

The connection is so unstable that even IF A PHONE rings at somebody else's flat in my building, I get disconnected :p .... After hundred complaints and no solutions I am sick of MTNL service.... I miss my 2 Mbps days.....

Me too in..MTNL and its sucky policies:mad::mad:

CNN-IBN CJ..Didnt anyone think over it coz its visual media and would attract more attention and help create more awareness against this bias:mad: than sending letters etc:)

All we expect is some support- we only need some signatures.
Least one can do is help and not be negative on this.
We were going to send individual letters but thought more signatures with maybe tel. no to prove existing subscriber will add some more weight to our requests. :)
Those who cannot be hopeful of a positive outcome do not deserve the good things that may follow and are only jinxing things for others who genuinely need this to be done. :cool2:
Party Monger said:
Give me HD movies and i shall give you signatures..
Nice initiative..but rather talking with a senior head would be more fruit full..
EDIT:- Ive got a brilliant idea, CONTACT MNS..
I ma quite sure you don't know how MTNL works.
No wonder you suggest to speak to some head who is mostly kinda helpless in this matter. :)
AFAIK, nothing hapens in MTNL unless it gets an approval from the centre. :)

But that doesn't mean what you suggested hasn't been done already. :cool2:
H2O said:
I wouldn't support you on the user base etc as that would boil down to regionalism but yes I am in for it if yu are asking them to equal there rates all around India.
It's simple economics- not regionalism.
Please don't use theory of relativity to make pudding. :)
mach9 said:
Im sick of this Delhi favouritism in everything... Im in! MTNL definitely need to stop the robbery..
Not against Delhi- am glad someone is getting good rates if not me.
I am not saying raise Delhi rates- we want lower rates for Mumbai whichis not an unfair demand by nay means imho. :)
More than 3-4 times the rate for us for the same service will sound ridiculous to even a baby.
47Shailesh said:
this ain't gonna help. They have faced much more heat of similar kind and have survived.
Keep the agenda as taking to Consumer Court, then I am IN.
Thank you for your negative mentality and for your conditional support.
So if you are taking care of the consumer court formalities, we will gladly let you lead and extend our support to you. :)
knoughtyd said:
Me too in..MTNL and its sucky policies:mad::mad:
CNN-IBN CJ..Didnt anyone think over it coz its visual media and would attract more attention and help create more awareness against this bias:mad: than sending letters etc:)
Letters do work wonders many-a-times; just that most don't have the time or take theeffort to do so..
I have had and also have heard of some good experiences.
Most of the times, the authorities higher up have no idea or are least bothered to do something for areas/constituencies that are not beneficial to them.
Don't we always hear ministers doing so and so for their constituencies or where they stand for elections from- ever heard much of what they did for the city they live in. :)

Its not as simple as it seems All private/Govt firms have to lease lines from other govt firms (such as GAILtel (Gail's venture))

so for every location the cost is different it involves cabling/sattelite network/equipment/service staff stuff like that .

Hense depending on your location and the cost to get ur area connected to a localised hub and then to the main hub n so on ,they judge a right price for you ! and all broadband operators have judge which price is "competitive"
as well as profitable.
Vast portions of delhi have had new cables laid out (seen it in my area) so "Obviously" a more competitive price can attract larger customer base!
even then there are places in delhi where u dont have the new "2mbs or 8mbs" or even a basic 128kbs!

so once u have an infrastructre u can implement it to your need!
so no point whining about something that has a lot of variables involved (most of us (including me) dont understand)

yes if they dont provide u the service they have paid for then u have every right to "DEMAND" it .:)

lord_shrex said:
Its not as simple as it seems All private/Govt firms have to lease lines from other govt firms (such as GAILtel (Gail's venture))

so for every location the cost is different it involves cabling/sattelite network/equipment/service staff stuff like that .

Hense depending on your location and the cost to get ur area connected to a localised hub and then to the main hub n so on ,they judge a right price for you ! and all broadband operators have judge which price is "competitive"

as well as profitable.

Vast portions of delhi have had new cables laid out (seen it in my area) so "Obviously" a more competitive price can attract larger customer base!

even then there are places in delhi where u dont have the new "2mbs or 8mbs" or even a basic 128kbs!

so once u have an infrastructre u can implement it to your need!

so no point whining about something that has a lot of variables involved (most of us (including me) dont understand)

yes if they dont provide u the service they have paid for then u have every right to "DEMAND" it .:)

Simple counter to your argument. BSNL.

Govt firm. offering exact same rates all across the country. :)

ps - your post has an edit button at the bottom right. you can use that rather than post again :)

^ i know the edit button ,was bieng logged off wen ever i tried to edit or even post a quick reply .

BSNL/MTNL Policies are beyond my scope im not an economist ,Was refering to basic variables involved for deciding prices.

Great idea, the discrepancy is jarring, if if we don't get the rates down the least we can expect is a logical explanation for the huge difference. I am in. Perhaps we can have a wiki like pbwiki.com or any other online wiki for this initiative for collaboration.

Back